[Tavern Thread] The Dunn Wright Inn

jbear

First Post
Maui's attention is drawn to the elven women who entered the tavern. He swings himself around and stares grinning quite openly. He calls out brazenly.

"Nuku-mai-tore! A daughter of te rainbow ... what are you doing here in te city? Did your sisters tell you Maui was here in te Hall of Heroes? And so you have come over sea and land to buy him a drink?"

Despite his arrogant bluster he does seem genuinely surprised and pleased to see her.

jkason

First Post
Eanos Setirav, human inquisitor

Eanos holds back his chuckle at Maui's continuing unique perspective on the world. He offers a hand to the woman who has just entered.

"My name is Eanos. Well met and all that, yes?" he says. "Not heard any rumblings of a job yet, but we just got back from one ourselves. Way things run around here, though, I wouldn't expect it to be too long."

gryphon_gold

First Post
"Hmmm...yeah. That's exactly what happened." The elf rolls her eyes at Maui. "Now that I've found you, I can get on with other business."

"By the way, I am Coreuth." She takes Eanos' hand, and as she does such, the head of viper peeks out from under her collar. "This here is Ashkii." Coreuth pets her snake. "Isn't he cute?"

jbear

First Post
"Ohohoho ... other business! You are cute yourself. Thank you. Maui understands Coreuth. I too am animal lover as you will know. But let's not rush. Te night is young and I am in te mood for drinking."

Maui also holds out his hand, grinning with a definite arrogance born from an unshakeable belief that the elf standing before them must be charmed and flattered by his words and attentions but without reaching lewd or vulgar.

jkason

First Post
Eanos Setirav, human inquisitor

"Well met to you, too, Ashkii," Eanos says when the serpent appears. "You and your mistress are sure to find some business soon enough."

As Maui makes his less-than-subtle pass at the elf, Eanos closes his eyes a moment, then smiles awkwardly to Coreuth.

"So, then, let's get to that drinking," he says, hoping to distract the jungle druid.

Caim

First Post
Mortar walks into the Dunn Wright for the first time in what seemed years. "Aye, its good to be back." He says as he takes in a deep breath. "Marla!" He exclaims as he walks over to the barmaid. "Been awhile lass. Whats changed since I was last in?"

The woman takes a few moments to look over the dwarf. "Who..." She starts but than like a earth breaker to trhe face it hits her. "MORTAR!" She exclaims. "Whatever happened to you? It has been awhile." Mortar takes a seat at the bar and orders an ale as he catchs up with the young barmaid.

"So I'm back in town and looking for work and would appreciate if you could send some my way." With that he finishes his first mug of ale.

OOC: Level 2 almost 3 Ranger lookin for work.

jackslate45

First Post
Suddenly, a loud BANG is heard as something hits the door of the Dunn Wright Inn hard. Maria, trying to serve Mortar another beer, jumps in fright, and Grog looks up at the door in alarm. However, nothing is heard except the pinning of some animal, apparently trying to get into the front door.

'Dumb mutts."
was Grog's reply.

Qik

First Post
The door to the Inn opens, and an oversized badger rushes in. A purple-skinned gnome follows in after him, nonplussed at the badger's presence; behind him, an odd-looking cross between a cat and an elephant files in, much on a piece of fern.

"Slow down!" calls the gnome as he chases after the scurrying badger. He ducks under the tray that Marla holds aloft and maneuvers deftly around chair, table, and patron alike in his pursuit. The felinephant, on the other hand, moves languidly across the tavern, in no apparent hurry.

[sblock=Stats]Nimientioquijuil
Initiative: +2, Perception: +2
HP: 16/16
AC: 17 (Touch: 13, Flat-footed: 15) CMB: -2 CMD: 10 Fort: +2, Ref: +4, Will: +4

Current Weapon in Hand: None

Summon Monster I: 9/9
Spells: 0 (Infinite), 1 (1/3)

Active Magic: Mage Armor - Lu (0/2 hours), Grease (0/2 minutes)

Lumoi'es
HP:11/11
AC: 20 (FF: 18; Touch: 12) CMB: +3 CMD: 15 Fort: +3 Ref: +4 Will: +0

Natural Weapons: Bite (+3, 1d6+2), 2 Claws (+3, 1d4+2)[/sblock]

jackslate45

First Post
Grog, seeing Ni appear with the badger, simply shakes his head and points to one of the back rooms, saying "Your employer went in thar. And, it looks like ya'll were successful then."

The badger, sniffing something excidetly, claws at the door Grog indicates, hoping to be let in.

Qik

First Post
Ni nods vigorously. "Thank ye kindly, good sir!" he says as he arrives at the door and opens it, allowing the badger to scuttle in.

Remove ads