Pathfinder RPG [Tavern Thread] The Dunn Wright Inn - Page 227





  1. #2261
    Registered User
    Cutpurse (Lvl 5)

    DalkonCledwin's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    The Blood Plains of Stovokor
    Posts
    1,095

    Ignore DalkonCledwin
    After quite a while away from the Tavern inspecting her new estate and depositing her new found Armor inside of the Vault there in, Fae'shiel returns to the Tavern. For all the Ethereal beauty she radiates, being an Elven Dignitary, she is still a stuck up little princess at heart. Though her last adventure seems to have dulled some of her more annoying qualities, if only a little bit.

    Once in the Tavern, Fae'shiel takes a seat in an isolated Corner away from most of the other patrons, and pulls out her sword, a cloth which she then begins to use to carefully clean the grime of that last adventure away from her sword. She wishes she had had the time to do this before now, but the relative fast pace of the adventure, and the nature of the group did not lend her the ability to perform the maintenance of the sword that she wishes she was able to perform. Additionally she would probably have to procure a new scabbard for her sword so as to prevent it from getting stuck in the old one. Though with the new estate that she happens to have and the prestige in the town that owning this estate lends her, it is likely that she would easily be able to purchase a new scabbard, as well as a small kit for maintaining her sword properly. Though such purchases would likely have to wait for a while until she were reacquainted with the nobility of the city which she has found herself in.

    Once her sword is clean enough, she lays it down on the top of the table, and then proceeds to pull out her spell book which she then opens up to a certain page she had dog eared for further study, and proceeds to re-examine the notes on the Mural she had discovered in the Tower on her last adventure, hoping to discover any unusual insights that the mural may have held secret for all those years.


    Fae'shiel Aeros
    Fae'shiel Aeros, Level 5 || Tonris, Level 6

 

  • #2262
    Registered User
    Lama (Lvl 13)

    jbear's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Online
    Posts
    3,957

    Ignore jbear
    When Relic awakes from his little nap he glares at his half empty bottle of scribing ink. Damn these complicated spells! They used so much more ink than what he was used to. With a sigh he pushes himself to his feet and heads down stairs after locking the door behind him.

    As he heads out the main door of the Dunn Wright he calls out to no one in particular: "Be right back!

    Relic heads towards the Pearl to restock his supply. Before you can say Jack be nimble Jack be quick, the old man has returned. He heads straight back upstairs muttering away to himself. Once inside the room he resumes his study, unfurling his scroll of Levitate and beginning the long and arduous process of deciphering the spell and trying to understand how it works.

    OOC: Read Magic to decipher spell.


    The arcane words give way to his intense study like dandelion seeds to a puff of air.

    "I think I'm getting better at this" mutters Relic, pleased with himself as he writes the spell into his book effortlessly.
    Last edited by jbear; Wednesday, 11th April, 2012 at 11:20 AM.
    'I am a predator...the predator improves the race...I kill but not out of hate.'
    Frank Herbert: Emperor God of Dune

  • #2263
    Registered User
    Cutpurse (Lvl 5)

    Qik's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    New Orleans, US
    Posts
    1,925

    Ignore Qik
    Having finished his first ale and move onto his second, the purple-skinned gnome moves down a few stools to approach the tan-skinned woman drinking her spice wine. Smiling his Cheshire Cat smile, Ni tips an imaginary hat at the woman before bowing low. Lu imitates him.

    "Good afternoon, marm, madam, whatever splendid pronoun you use to refer to yourself. My name is Nimientioquijuil. But you may call me whatever you like, as long as it's 'Ni.' May I join you?" he asks, gesturing widely to the empty stool next to her.

    Stats
    Nimientioquijuil
    Initiative: +2, Perception: +2
    HP: 16/16
    AC: 17 (Touch: 13, Flat-footed: 15) CMB: -2 CMD: 10 Fort: +2, Ref: +4, Will: +4

    Current Weapon in Hand: None

    Summon Monster I: 9/9
    Spells: 0 (Infinite), 1 (1/3)

    Active Magic: Mage Armor - Lu (0/2 hours), Grease (0/2 minutes)

    Lumoi'es
    Status: Summoned, Perception: +4
    HP:11/11
    AC: 20 (FF: 18; Touch: 12) CMB: +3 CMD: 15 Fort: +3 Ref: +4 Will: +0

    Natural Weapons: Bite (+3, 1d6+2), 2 Claws (+3, 1d4+2)

  • #2264
    Registered User
    Acolyte (Lvl 2)

    itsgottabeodin's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Peachtree City, GA
    Posts
    49

    Ignore itsgottabeodin

    Sana Sahar


    For such a busy city... Sana was all for savoring her wine, but she felt that it was going a bit far. She'd gotten to the point where she was hunched over the bar, her head resting on one hand and the other doodling firewine sworls on the wood.

    At the sound of approaching steps, Sana clutches her drink and turns to see... very nearly dropping the wine glass. Without taking her eyes off of Lu, "Uh, sure... Nice to meet you... I'm not even going to try it - Ni. What is that?" Sana jabs a finger in Lu's direction.

  • #2265
    Registered User
    Cutpurse (Lvl 5)

    Qik's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    New Orleans, US
    Posts
    1,925

    Ignore Qik
    "What's what?" Ni turns to follow Sana's gesture to find Lu at the other end of it. "Oh, that is Lu. He's a friend of mine. Come on, boy, introduce yourself, it's only polite."

    Lu bows low once again, offering its trunk to Sana. Regardless of whether she takes it or not, he then breaks into a nimble little jig. Ni shrugs. "Hmm, not his best demonstration by any means - you should have seen that one time he courted the Janis sisters, now that was something - but still, you get the idea." Lu shoots his patron a momentary glare before returning its gaze to Sana.

    Having decided he's made a friend, Ni clamors up onto the stool next to her. Leaning over, he takes a sniff of the firewine. "Oooooo, now what is that?"

    Stats
    Nimientioquijuil
    Initiative: +2, Perception: +2
    HP: 16/16
    AC: 17 (Touch: 13, Flat-footed: 15) CMB: -2 CMD: 10 Fort: +2, Ref: +4, Will: +4

    Current Weapon in Hand: None

    Summon Monster I: 9/9
    Spells: 0 (Infinite), 1 (1/3)

    Active Magic: Mage Armor - Lu (0/2 hours), Grease (0/2 minutes)

    Lumoi'es
    Status: Summoned, Perception: +4
    HP:11/11
    AC: 20 (FF: 18; Touch: 12) CMB: +3 CMD: 15 Fort: +3 Ref: +4 Will: +0

    Natural Weapons: Bite (+3, 1d6+2), 2 Claws (+3, 1d4+2)
    Last edited by Qik; Wednesday, 11th April, 2012 at 07:21 PM.

  • #2266
    Registered User
    Acolyte (Lvl 2)

    itsgottabeodin's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Peachtree City, GA
    Posts
    49

    Ignore itsgottabeodin

    Sana Sahar


    Sana carefully places her wine on the counter. She looks at the trunk, and then over at Ni, then slowly extends a hand. Grasping lightly, she gives it a soft shake, then pats the top of it tentatively. "Hello Lu. You are very unusual."

    Lu's dance causes her to laugh, "It was a lovely dance... waaait. He courted someone? Is that normal?" Sana shifts on her stool, giving Lu a little more space.

    Pulling back her wine out from under the gnome's nose, she gives Ni a warning look, indicating that she likes her wine gnome-nose-free. "Rhat'Matanis firewine, it reminds me of home. It doesn't usually keep well, so I'm surprised to find it here... Northerners can't usually handle it." Her expression makes it clear that Ni is probably one of the unworthies. Just to make sure, "Are you from the city?"

  • #2267
    Community Supporter COPPER SUBSCRIBER
    Waghalter (Lvl 7)

    Systole's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Newton, MA
    Posts
    3,003

    Ignore Systole
    Daylily's eyes keep being drawn to the eidolon, especially when it makes sudden moves, and he gnaws hungrily on the hoof he brought in. Still staring at the beast, the barbarian takes a long slug from his bottle of cheap, brownish, and most likely toxic spirits. A few dribbles run down his chin and onto his armor, which he doesn't bother to wipe away. "Ay, minikin," he calls, apparently referring to Ni. "Is where you find that creature-thing? I ams maybe interest for go there to hunt. Does it tasting like cat?"

  • #2268
    Registered User
    Cutpurse (Lvl 5)

    Qik's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    New Orleans, US
    Posts
    1,925

    Ignore Qik
    Quote Originally Posted by itsgottabeodin View Post
    Lu's dance causes her to laugh, "It was a lovely dance... waaait. He courted someone? Is that normal?"
    Ni rubs his hairless chin thoughtfully. "It is where I come from." He frowns - "You don't use dance as a part of courtship in your homeland?" - and then shrugs it off. "I guess that's the beauty of cultural diversity, isn't it?"

    Quote Originally Posted by itsgottabeodin View Post
    "Rhat'Matanis firewine, it reminds me of home. It doesn't usually keep well, so I'm surprised to find it here... Northerners can't usually handle it." Her expression makes it clear that Ni is probably one of the unworthies. Just to make sure, "Are you from the city?"
    Ni orders himself a glass of the firewine, brightening Grog's day a bit now that he's finally selling the stuff. As he waits, he says, "Oh no no no no no, I'm not from around here, I'm afraid, I'm pretty new in town myself, well, not entirely new, not as new as you, I've been keeping myself busy, first with a spaghetti monster, then some deadless dead, then on the hunt for a rather large badger, friendly bloke though, really, if you took the time to talk to him." He stops long enough to accept the glass of firewine and down it in one astoundingly-large gulp. "WHEW! Anyway, what was I saying? Oh yes, my origin: I come from Illi Esse, an isle to the far north, unusual place, really, well, not to me, to me all this firewine and hoof nibbling and stray badgers and loose undead is unusual, but hey, that's what it's like to be a stranger in a strange land, but yes, Illi Esse, to the north, very different from here." He pauses a moment. "We don't really have a lot of this sort of thing," he says, gesturing to his next round of firewine, before taking it as well in a single swig, "so I'm getting used to it. Doing my research, if you will."

    Quote Originally Posted by Systole View Post
    Daylily's eyes keep being drawn to the eidolon, especially when it makes sudden moves, and he gnaws hungrily on the hoof he brought in. Still staring at the beast, the barbarian takes a long slug from his bottle of cheap, brownish, and most likely toxic spirits. A few dribbles run down his chin and onto his armor, which he doesn't bother to wipe away. "Ay, minikin," he calls, apparently referring to Ni. "Is where you find that creature-thing? I ams maybe interest for go there to hunt. Does it tasting like cat?"

    "Yes, oh barbarous one?"
    Ni seems distinctly nonplussed at the idea of hunting and eating a creature such as Lu, though he fixes more on the former part of the question. "Why, where do I find him? Anywhere! Here, I'll show you!" Ni downs a third glass of firewine, waves his hand, and Lu shimmers, and then *pop*, disappears.

    Hopping down from his disproportionately large barstool, he begins pacing around the tavern, muttering, "Where's Lu, where's Lu, where's Lu...." After a minute or two of this, he stops suddenly, exclaims that "I know where he is!" and then hustles over to the currently dormant fireplace. Leaning slightly, he gazes up into the chimney and says, "Lu, you old bugger, get down from there!" and then moves hurriedly out of the way. A few stray trails of dust fall, some sounds of shaking, and then Lu comes crashing down. The soot-covered eidolon shakes its head, grunts grumpily, and then pries itself out of the chimney, swiping away Ni's attempts to help. After taking a moment to collect itself, Lu bounds back over to Sana, seats itself, and bats its eyelashes at her. "Oh look, Lu has made a friend!" Ni giggles.

    Stats
    Nimientioquijuil
    Initiative: +2, Perception: +2
    HP: 16/16
    AC: 17 (Touch: 13, Flat-footed: 15) CMB: -2 CMD: 10 Fort: +2, Ref: +4, Will: +4

    Current Weapon in Hand: None

    Summon Monster I: 9/9
    Spells: 0 (Infinite), 1 (1/3)

    Active Magic: Mage Armor - Lu (0/2 hours), Grease (0/2 minutes)

    Lumoi'es
    Status: Summoned, Perception: +4
    HP:11/11
    AC: 20 (FF: 18; Touch: 12) CMB: +3 CMD: 15 Fort: +3 Ref: +4 Will: +0

    Natural Weapons: Bite (+3, 1d6+2), 2 Claws (+3, 1d4+2)

  • #2269
    Registered User
    Cutpurse (Lvl 5)

    DalkonCledwin's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    The Blood Plains of Stovokor
    Posts
    1,095

    Ignore DalkonCledwin
    In answer to Daylily's query Fae'shiel says "It is in all likelihood that the world from which that creature originated would be very inhospitable to creatures such as you or I. Though I suppose just about anything is possible when it comes to those who dwell in universes that are usually entirely separate from our own."


    Fae'shiel Aeros
    Fae'shiel Aeros, Level 5 || Tonris, Level 6

  • #2270
    Registered User
    Cutpurse (Lvl 5)

    Qik's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    New Orleans, US
    Posts
    1,925

    Ignore Qik
    Ni grows huffy at Fae'sheil's words. "I am sorry, madam, but you simply do not know what you're talking about. I have good faith that Lu would taste fabulous!"

    Lu blinks, then starts hunting around for something to munch on.

    Stats
    Nimientioquijuil
    Initiative: +2, Perception: +2
    HP: 16/16
    AC: 17 (Touch: 13, Flat-footed: 15) CMB: -2 CMD: 10 Fort: +2, Ref: +4, Will: +4

    Current Weapon in Hand: None

    Summon Monster I: 9/9
    Spells: 0 (Infinite), 1 (1/3)

    Active Magic: Mage Armor - Lu (0/2 hours), Grease (0/2 minutes)

    Lumoi'es
    Status: Summoned, Perception: +4
    HP:11/11
    AC: 20 (FF: 18; Touch: 12) CMB: +3 CMD: 15 Fort: +3 Ref: +4 Will: +0

    Natural Weapons: Bite (+3, 1d6+2), 2 Claws (+3, 1d4+2)

  • + Log in or register to post
    Page 227 of 403 FirstFirst ... 127 177 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 277 327 ... LastLast

    Similar Threads

    1. Even Newer(er) Tavern Thread: The Hanged Man
      By L4W Facilitator in forum Living 4th Edition
      Replies: 2937
      Last Post: Saturday, 5th October, 2013, 04:04 PM
    2. New Tavern Thread: The Hanged Man
      By L4W Facilitator in forum Living 4th Edition
      Replies: 1006
      Last Post: Saturday, 9th January, 2010, 02:02 AM
    3. Tavern Thread: The Hanged Man
      By L4W Facilitator in forum Living 4th Edition
      Replies: 1014
      Last Post: Tuesday, 7th July, 2009, 05:14 PM
    4. Close LEB Tavern Thread
      By stonegod in forum Meta
      Replies: 2
      Last Post: Tuesday, 7th August, 2007, 11:13 PM
    5. Tavern Tales ooc thread.
      By jasamcarl in forum Talking the Talk
      Replies: 7
      Last Post: Friday, 23rd July, 2004, 03:27 AM

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •