[Tavern Thread] The Dunn Wright Inn

Artur Hawkwing

First Post
As often as it opens and closes, one might wonder why the door for the Dunn Wright doesn't double as a fan for the establishment. It goes through yet another undulation, depositing a tired looking, but clean, half-elf into the main room. He doesn't hesitate to send his feet directly to an uninhabited spot at the bar and he gives his order. His dark hair is combed somewhat neatly and he has a well made looking quiver slung across his back, from under which the head of a large hammer peeks out. A mug arrives to his hand and he turns around, taking in the inner parts of the Inn. From a table near the back, a slim, female form gets to her feet, though being Halfling she doesn't have all that far to go, and she makes a beeline for him, carrying a paper wrapped package. He spies her, smiles and sets the mug down, greeting her as she approaches.

Well, hello, Nel! Taking a break from the kitchens are we?

She approaches, matching his jovial tone.

Sadly not. The days figs must be prepared and I'm already behind schedule. Lady Atchka heard of your return and sent me with this.

She thrusts the package out from about three paces away. Marcus eyes the package a moment before taking it with his right hand, nodding.

Unusual for her to send one of the household staff. How is she doing?

He takes the package and looks it over as he asks the casual question.

She's doing well. Honestly I wish that her opinions were listened to a little closer. The house has been a bit upset since she and her Mother arrived. Speaking of her Mother, I have to get back to the House. Before I prepare the figs, she wants me to do a quick measure for her, something about needing a new dress.

The Halfling shrugs and starts for the door, leaving a cheery "Take care!" behind her as she makes haste for the door. Marcus looks back toward the table Nel had come from, a trio of Gnomes, none of whom he recognizes, seem to be arguing about some design or another on a piece of parchment. Shrugging, he unwraps the package, carefully conserving the wrapping and quirks an eyebrow at the small, well made, bound book. A faint smile crosses his face as he gently touches the front cover before opening the book. A bowl of something hot and steamy arrives at his elbow, accompanied by a plate with a few slices of fresh bread. This he takes and, placing the book beneath his left arm, he looks for an empty spot to sit and eat.

itsgottabeodin

First Post
PZO9534-Ganyavesha.jpg

Sana Sahar

Sana orders another firewine as she watches the argumentative patrons holding forth on the taste -and the consequences of eating- their various pets.

When Grog returns with a fresh glass, Sana asks, "They always like this?"

Grog looks around the room, wipes his hands, nods, and then wanders away.

Sana grunts, places the firewine firmly under her nose, and settles in to watch - patting Lu on the nose if he wanders near.

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
The red haired human stands and inquires of Grok for something. he is answered with a grunted mumble and a key, who then returns to cleaning the mug in his other hand. the human then disappears up stairs.

once upstairs he starts deciphering a scroll . . . . .

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
OOC: there seems to be something wrong with the edit function, so I will post the rest here

With an exclaimed "Ja! Eureka!", he stands wearily, checks the door to be locked and turns in to sleep

Qik

First Post
Shilandra sighs says "Gnomes are infuriating..." in the Elven tongue under her breath, proceeding to stick her nose back in her spellbook and ignoring any further comments from Ni.

Ni says something in a disturbingly guttural language (Terran) before returning to the bar. Lu closes his eyes as he soaks up the duel pleasure of chewing on his bone and Sana's pat.

[sblock=Stats]Nimientioquijuil
Initiative: +2, Perception: +2
HP: 16/16
AC: 17 (Touch: 13, Flat-footed: 15) CMB: -2 CMD: 10 Fort: +2, Ref: +4, Will: +4

Current Weapon in Hand: None

Summon Monster I: 9/9
Spells: 0 (Infinite), 1 (1/3)

Active Magic: Mage Armor - Lu (0/2 hours), Grease (0/2 minutes)

Lumoi'es
HP:11/11
AC: 20 (FF: 18; Touch: 12) CMB: +3 CMD: 15 Fort: +3 Ref: +4 Will: +0

Natural Weapons: Bite (+3, 1d6+2), 2 Claws (+3, 1d4+2)[/sblock]

Satin Knights

First Post
Returning to the inn, wearing her new darker blue cloak, Arianna enters and finds it busier than she has ever seen before. Some faces she recognizes. They all seem to be the more boisterous people she has met while above the waterline. As Grog is busy, she fetches her own special chair, taking it to an unoccupied table. She stows her backpack and weapons under the table, lays the cloak across her lounging chair, then dismisses her legs and claws to reveal her black silk evening attire. Sitting down, her plans are to have a relaxing evening. The mermaid watches the banter going on in the room and quietly smiles.

"Marla..." "The usual?" "Yes please."

Caim

First Post
Mortar watchs the discussion between the elves, gnome, and human with some interest. "Do they always fight like this?" He asks Marla but the only answer that came forth was the shack of her head. "Hopefully some work will come soon so the inn can return to its quite setting." With a laugh Mortar finishes his current ale and orders another with some stew.

DalkonCledwin

First Post
Afterwards, he turns to Fae'shiel and speaks in his native tongue.

[sblock=Elven]"And ye ... last I saw ye, I charged ye tae keep the Snake Daughter well. She is in health, I reck, or else ye'd nae show your face tae me."[/sblock]

Fae'shiel looks towards Daylily and says in Elven:

[sblock=Elven]"Yes, she is well. Last I saw her she was speaking with the Tengu in one of the back rooms of this very Tavern. Though where she is now I have no idea. I suspect she decided to take some time to rest as that last creature the three of us fought was quite difficult."[/sblock]

As Marcus enters the Tavern a small smile graces Fae'shiel's otherwise dour face, but it is gone in a fraction of a second.

Then turning to Maui she says with the hint of severe sarcasm, "Well then if you aren't even forty summers old, you are even more of a child then I imagined to begin with..."

She then inclines her head at his mention of Eternal Ones and says "Silly little boy, You are talking to one of the Noble Fey. In our homeland we are as Eternal as the Gods. It is only in this world that we grow old and die. Those of us who visit this world only do so to gain experience in the ways of Mortals or because we were cut off from our homeland a long time ago..." at the latter statement she has a saddened look on her face and is looking at Daylily with some concern.

Systole

First Post
[sblock=Elven]"Ach, spare me your pity, lass. Ye were kitted in yer high houses o' crystal and ice, and ye came of age nae knowing the songs of the six spirits or the ways of the wilds. And now, ye think it right tae sicken your mind with words captured into books, and tae cleanse the protective humors from your tenement with soap. Civilization has poisoned ye, lassie, and ye cannae even ken what you've lost."[/sblock]

He nods at Maui. "Is true thats he is not knows the face of the Hunter in the Darkness. Still, he is more closer to the way of all thing than you is. But is good you was keeping safe the Snake Daughter. I will make story of spirit to you, if you wants."

DalkonCledwin

First Post
[sblock=Elven]"Civilization is nothing to be fearful of. But if you do not wish my pity, then you will not have it. Instead I would offer my friendship, while I may be from the more civilized families of Elven Kind, that is no reason for us not to be friends."[/sblock]

Fae'shiel says all of the preceding with a smile on her face. She then extends a dainty hand to Daylily and says "The lesser Fey call me Fae'shiel, but if you wish it you may call me simply Fae. Confusing I know, but still a name is but a thing other people call you."

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases