[Tavern Thread] The Dunn Wright Inn

jbear

First Post
Maui blinks in surprise at the calm response from the elven barbarian, suddenly finding himself at a loss when his words fail to bait him into anger. Quite unexpectedly he feels his rising anger fizzle into a similar curiosity.

He does not respond to Daylily's comment initially, listening quietly to his conversation. He frowns when the two elves speak in their incomprehensible tongue, but his appreciation grows as the wild one brings the conversation back to common. But though his calm grows, a growl rises again from his throat as the strange looking woman continues to address him as a child. His eyes grow wide with disbelief when she uses a term he is familiar with 'Fey' erasing his expression of mocking disbelief. Confusion is what is left upon his face.

"If you are Whae Tangata ... if you are a Child of te Oenuku, why do you insult Maui speaking to me as a child? Te devil speaks with softer tongue and I have spilt no blood for him. I am Tangata Whenua! Have you so soon forgotten what my people sacrificed to protect te Tatau o Oenuku?! Or are you one of te Forgotten?"

Maui glowers at Fae'shiel suspiciously for a moment before turning to Daylily.

"You, Devil, are blessed with wisdom if not with good looks like Maui. This one who calls herself Whae does make much piss about a man's years."

He can't help but chuckle at that.

"So you are hunter? A hunter who hunts the Great Cat's children? You say I do not know te face of your god? Hunter in the Darkness? You speak true. But Maui has been to te edge of te Spirit World, I have crossed te Tatau o Oenuku, I have heard te voice of Mau, te Great Cat, and Tane te Spirit Father listens to my prayers. Sometimes. Did your father not tell you of te mahi ... of te work of te small cats, te Night Watchers? Te Night Watchers keep te Nightmares from waking and touching te world with te sickness. I do not know who your Hunter is, but te Night Watchers are not his children. They are children of te Great Cat Mau, Eye of Ra, and she loves each of them as a mother her child. She has a place for them in Hawaiiki. If you eat te body, te ka ... te spark of life will never find te way back home. Do you understand now what you have done to fill your belly Devil Hunter?"

Maui heads towards the bar, not too steady on his feet.

"More Brown Water. Too much talking. I think my mouth is broken."

Last edited:

DalkonCledwin

First Post
As Maui leaves the general area they had been conversing in she says to Daylily "Did you recognize any of the terms he just referenced? I have to admit my knowledge of history is just a tad bit rusty when it concerns the humans. Such knowledge is not highly sought after where I come from."

jbear

First Post
When the light of the new day breaks through Relic's window he lifts head and resumes study, taking one of the lesser scrolls out that he has been carrying for a while.

OOC: Read Magic: Scroll of Air Bubble

Humming away he scribes another scroll into his book.

Artur Hawkwing

First Post
Marcus looks about, his quest for a seat more of a task than he might have thought. He scans the bar a full three times, the third time his eyes light on the profile of Fae'shiel and for a moment he seems to hesitate. He considers something, but seems to think better of it. His attention has turned when one of Fae'shiel's tablemates rises and makes his not so steady way toward the bar. This, however, may not work out well as the half-elf, distracted by his search for a space to sit and look through his newly received treasure, finds a spot that is actually quite near where Fae'shiel converses with the others he doesn't recognize. Pleased that he found just the spot he was looking for, thanks to patience, he starts immediately for that seat, passing dangerously through the path of the staggering figure, a collision between the two a possibility...

[sblock=jbear and company]Thought I would set that up in case you wanted to have a little fun. :) [/sblock]

gryphon_gold

First Post
Coreuth listens to the other elves speak and eyes one in particular. After Maui walks away, she asks of the one calling herself Fae, "Civilization is easier to accept when you don't have to deal with civilized snobs, don't you think?"

DalkonCledwin

First Post
Fae'shiel glances over at the elf who just spoke to her notices the revealing clothing of the woman and says "That depends entirely upon which civilization is asking I suppose."

Last edited:

Systole

First Post
Daylily is absolutely stunned by Fae'shiel's casual dismissal of her name as just something people call you. He makes a strangled gasp and the blood drains from his face, and he wears a look of horror and sadness as he covers his face with his hands.

[sblock=Elven]"Oh, sister ... if your name is naught but that to ye, ye cannae even ken how far you've fallen."[/sblock]

The barbarian turns away, his eyes welling with tears.

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
A red haired human in robes comes down the steps and hails Marla, ordering a very large amount of food. When it is delivered, he digs in hungrily.

DalkonCledwin

First Post
Daylily is absolutely stunned by Fae'shiel's casual dismissal of her name as just something people call you. He makes a strangled gasp and the blood drains from his face, and he wears a look of horror and sadness as he covers his face with his hands.

[sblock=Elven]"Oh, sister ... if your name is naught but that to ye, ye cannae even ken how far you've fallen."[/sblock]

The barbarian turns away, his eyes welling with tears.

looking at Daylily with a look of genuine surprise she says "You must be speaking of the tradition of true names... You would be right, that name I cannot so casually say is something people simply would refer to me as since no one but my parents, the gods, and myself knows what my true name happens to be. But the name I shared with you is the name I prefer to be called when in the company of friends. I hope that is sufficient enough to earn your trust?"

OOC: For those who are curious what Daylily and Fae'shiel are referring to here... in most traditions regarding the fair folk from around the world, and most often centering around the Norse and especially the Celtic versions, if a person were to utter the true name of a given Fey creature then that Fey creature would lose all of its powers. The most obvious example of this is in the story of Rumplestiltskin (sp?) but there are other examples throughout history.

Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases