[Tavern Thread] The Dunn Wright Inn

Systole

First Post
[sblock=Toad]Please kill me. Please kill me. Please kill me. I am covered with the inside of his mouth. You cannot imagine what this is like. Death would be sweet release.[/sblock]

Qik

First Post
Ni's eyes go wide as saucers at the toad's reply. He croaks back...

[sblock=Toad]"I'm sorry, chap, but I'm not in the killing business, no sir, well at least, not the toad killing business."

He pauses, in thought.

"I'm sorry for your tribulations; may the gods grant you your release soon."[/sblock]
...and gently hands the toad back to Daylily. "Thanks, chap, but I think I'll pass; he seems more than a bit troubled, and gods know that troubled toads don't make for frollicky visions. Another time, perhaps, when I haven't chatted with the means, first." He adds, "Enjoy," as Daylily takes the toad.

jbear

First Post
Maui's eyes narrow again as a caged toad is produced and mention of licking it to see visions is mentioned, leaning up against the bar, a tankard in his hand sloshing around and sploshing those next to him.

"Demon Hunter, you have no regard for the life of te animals? You eat te small cat and steal his life spark. You lick te toad and steal his pride and his poison. You know you can chew te thorny plant if it is visions of purple birds you want and set your friend free from his cage."

Maui lets out a loud belch and sets down his tankard roughly.

"As for te Brown Water, it only makes te head heavy and te belly burst. I don't know why I keep drinking it. I'm going to find a tree."

Maui heads towards the door, slightly unsteady on his feet.

Last edited:

DalkonCledwin

First Post
listening to the human speak Fae'shiel grunts as he stands up and leaves, she says "Stupid human, does he not know that even the plants have the spark of life within them?"

itsgottabeodin

First Post
PZO9534-Ganyavesha.jpg

Sana Sahar

Sana pales slightly at the offer, her black orbs darkening slightly.

"No thank you... I lost my taste for mind-altering drugs... some time ago." After a moment of reflection, she looks up again, "...and mind-altering toads, too."

Artur Hawkwing

First Post
Marcus passes his near-encounter with the approaching, staggering figure, quite by chance, as his chosen path is derailed by a Dwarf shoving his chair back into the chosen path and yelling something aloud in Dwarven that draws a round of laughter from those near him. Marcus makes a hasty left and works his way around, finally, arriving at the table. He sets the tray down, takes the small book from beneath his arm and sits down in the chair, sighing softly with relief at being seated. He opens the cover and begins to read when a loud, echoing belch draws his attention, directly for the first time, to the figure against the bar with the mug held almost sideways. He smiles a bit at the mention of brown water and a tree, chuckling to himself. He leans back into his chair and settles in to read as his hand reaches out and retrieves his own mug for a slow sip.

Rhydius

First Post
The door to the inn swings open, the timing almost perfectly allowing the tattooed human stumbling toward it to walk out without missing a step. Unfortunately, a dark haired young man happens to be occupying the now open doorway. The newcomer, realizing the impending collision, steps backward holding open the door as considerably taller man passes through.

"That's just my timing," he mutters with a smirk as he rubs at his clean shaven chin. His brown eyes fix on a semi-vacant place at the bar and begins making is way in that direction.

Systole

First Post
Daylily focuses his gaze on a point about three feet behind and one foot to the left of the new arrival. "Oyeh! I am see this is one who wills be lick of the toads!" he announces to the bar. He makes a beeline for the man, without regard to minor obstacles such as tables or benches full of customers. He's oblivous to the trail of destruction he leaves in his wake.

Before the newcomer can flinch, the short elf barbarian thrusts a brightly-colored, soggy, and depressed-looking toad in his face. "Is tasty thing for you!" he shouts. Mentally speaking, the elf is clearly not inhabiting the same plane of existence of the rest of the patrons of the tavern, and ... oh gods, his body odor is unspeakable.

OOC: Welcome to LPF! Daylily is happy to meet you!

DalkonCledwin

First Post
feeling bad for the new patron of the Inn Fae'shiel stands up, sheaths her sword, and places the book in her pack, putting the pack on her shoulders. After she does this she goes over to Daylily and the new arrival and says "Now now, is that any way to great someone whom you haven't even learned the name of? Wouldn't it be more polite to ask him his name and then offer him some... 'refreshment?'"

OOC: Welcome to LPF Rhydius, it is good to have you here.

Rhydius

First Post
"Errgh.." replies the man cringing slightly. As the smell engulfs him, he stumbles backward nearly tripping over a chair, and bumping into a now vacant table,the previous occupants having recently abandoned their seats rather than face a charging Daylily.
Placing his hands on the table to steady himself the man laughs a bit. "So much for first impressions," he states, then nods toward Fae'shiel, "those who know me call me Rhydius."
Then his smile fades slightly, realizing what Daylily has thrust in his general direction. His eyes move from Daylily to Fae, and then to the toad. Slowly he asks, "I haven't just agreed to eat a raw toad have I?"

OOC: Thanks for the warm greetings. Even Daylily's

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases