[Tavern Thread] The Dunn Wright Inn

Systole

First Post
A pale-eyed dwarf enters the inn, looking around as if he lost something. "Mister Dickens!" he calls. "Oh, Mister Diiiiickens! Where did you go? Cavernous Hode is looking for you!"

Something on the far side of the common room catches his eye. "Aha! Cavernous Hode sees you, Mister Dickens!" He hustles across to Private Room #3, opens the door, and steps inside.

Marla watches the progress of the dwarf with a bemused look on her face. After a moment she snorts and says, "Well that was different."

CavernousHode_150.jpg

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
Herr Heinrich Schreibersen-Wizard 4

the flame colored hair is seen one again as Heinrich quickly makes his way to the end of the bar. a short exchange of words and a key is handed to the human. He then disappears upstairs for two hours. he returns the key with a wave and exit to parts unknown.

action: study scroll Fox's cunning. fail - rolled a 2 for 13

Last edited:

GlassEye

Adventurer
Orlando Furioso, human Bard/Rogue

Orlando takes a sip from the glass of wine placed in front of him by Grog and peers at the label on the bottle. "Haven't seen good ol' Borric, Sylvain, or Zelena in here for over a month, Grog. They must've gotten a job out of town, or something."

Grog just grunts and moves on to another patron along the expansive bar.

After Cythera, Kalinn, and Aradra introduce themselves Orlando leans forward so that he can get a good look at everyone and so that everyone can place his name with his face. "I'm F... Orlando. The name's Orlando Furioso." He seems momentarily confused by his own name but shrugs it off with an easy smile.

"I know that school," mutters Orlando when Cythera mentions the hard school of life and revenge. He squints down the bar towards the ones who named themselves Aradra and Kalinn. "Anything, Aradra, anything. Zitteaux is a master in the kitchen and I've never had a bad meal here. Can't say the same about the wine." He grins towards the half-orc bartender but Grog ignores him and fills another mug to hand to a patron.

[sblock=OOC]Thanks for the color change, perrin. I do tend to favor orange for Fury. And as an aside, hexadecimal colors work with the color tags so there is an amazing variety of colors available.[/sblock][sblock=MiniStats][size=+1]Fury[/size] Human Rogue 5 / Bard 2
Initiative: +7 Perception: +10

AC: 23 (16 touch; 18 flat-footed)
HP: 56 Current: 56
CMB: +6 CMD: 21 Fort: +3 Ref: +13 Will: +5

In Hand:

Spells Remaining: 1st: 2/2[/sblock]

Satin Knights

First Post
Arianna takes a leisurely stroll over to the postings on the wall. Looking them over for a moment, she calls Marla over. A bit of whispering goes on, then Marla indulges her and quietly reads each of the postings to the mermaid. With a gold piece, she thanks Marla and peeks in the back room. It is already full. Ah well, dealing with pirates would have been fun. But if navy men are going to walk right past a mermaid when asking for help, she is not going to push her way in.

Gathering her things from her table, she spends a little time singing her song and calling forth her legs. Now she is ready to go forth into the city again. She is careful to keep reciting in her head the directions Marla gave her to this house of furs.

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
Setting the drink down Aradra shakes his head "That knockes you good alright. I feel it would be disrespectful to the drink to try again. But still, I have no where to go tomorrow."

"I have found that staying modest keeps you alive longer. You start bragging, everyone wants to fight you. Cap'n was like that. But he was good enough to say it."

He thinks about another small sip before shaking his head and saying "At any rate, no matter how long it has been Kanlii it seems like forever since I was last here."

He looks up to those who have eaten here before and asks "Anything recommendations on food here?"

KalinnAriHeadshot-EW.png

Kalinn snorts at Aradra's statement. "Aye, and I'm very interested in living a long life. But I think you're in no danger of becoming the sort of boorish braggart that draws unwanted attention, and I speak only of accepting credit where it's due. Your presence - and Shadow's as well - in a team will make that a group in which I'd have no reservations about being a part."

She turns at Orlando's introduction. "Well met, Orlando. I'm Kalinn." She nods at the others in turn, "Aradra, and that's Cythera."

Satin Knights

First Post
Recruitment intro for The Forbidden Isle of Ancient Secrets

A galloping horse neighs as it stops abruptly just outside the door. After a moment the door bursts open with a young man stumbling in. His arm and shoulder loosely bandaged, it looks like he rode straight through the night to reach the city.
"Grog! Grog, I need heroes!" panting and straining to move through to the bar.

"You must save my wife..." as the man falls face first in the middle of the floor unconscious.

[sblock=Intro to The Forbidden Isle of Ancient Secrets]The players have all been recruited already, but here, in the tavern, is where all good adventures begin.
This game is for Kalinn, Aradra, Iosef, Daylily and Relic.[/sblock]

Systole

First Post
A few seconds after the man bursts in, the door opens a second time, and a dejected-looking Daylily enters the tavern. He pauses briefly at the prone man, then carefully steps over him and walks to the bar.

"I am search the everywheres," he says sadly. "But my toads is being lost. Rotguts, please. And keeping them comes."

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
KalinnAriHeadshot-EW.png

"At any rate, no matter how long it has been Kanlii it seems like forever since I was last here."

"Grog! Grog, I need heroes!" panting and straining to move through to the bar.

"You must save my wife..." as the man falls face first in the middle of the floor unconscious.

Kalinn starts as the young man stumbles in and makes his pronouncement before collapsing to the floor. She moves quickly to kneel by his side, looking up at Aradra as she does so. "And it looks as though this time will be no different. I have no skill with healing, Aradra. Can you bring him around?"

jackslate45

First Post
The ranger gets off of his stool, and starts looking over the unconscious man. He checks to see if he has fainted because of exhaustion, or something more sinister.

OOC: take 10 heal for a 20.

After his inspection he looks up at the barkeep and says "Can we use a back room for him Grog?"

Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases