[Tavern Thread] The Dunn Wright Inn

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Cythera e'Kiernan, Bronze Dragon Disciple

Cythera looks at the summoner with a single arched eyebrow and smiles a greeting to the petite, fiery warmaiden, "Thank you, Ariel. I am well. I see that you dancing as well. I like what you have done with your hair. And this tabard is..."

"Well, we can discuss clothes and grooming some other time. What has happened to Kalius?"

She answers Orlando's question, "Well, Ben did win permission from Enza Furros to open his chapel of Serroth in the Lower Guild. I am not sure he will be in any danger down there from the denizens of the Planks. Still, I should pay him a visit tomorrow, you are welcome to join me."

[sblock=Mini Stats]Initiative: +8
AC: 24 (21 flat-footed, 15 Touch)
HP: 65 Current: 65
CMB: +10 CMD: 25 (26 vs. Sundering) Fort: +7 Reflex: +9 Will: +7
Conditions in Effect: Arcane Strike (+1 dmg), Power Attack (-2 Att/+6 dmg), Furious Focus (no penalty for 1st PA), Overhand Chop

Current Weapon in Hand: Wine goblet
Chakram: 8/8 Claws: 5/5 rounds remaining

Battle Dance: 14/14 Rounds Remaining
Spells Remaining: Cantrips: (Read Magic, Detect Magic, Resistance, Light, Prestidigitation, Mending)
1st Level 4/4 (Cure Light Wounds, Timely Inspiration, Grease(DC13), Vanish)[/sblock]___________________________

Cythera.jpg
Cythera e'Kiernan
CytheraAvatar.jpg

GlassEye

Adventurer
Orlando Furioso, human Bard/Rogue

"Welcome to the Dunn Wright Inn, Veniarus."

Never the type to get maudlin over injury Orlando isn't entirely sure how to deal with the half-elven summoner and eagerly turns his attention to the newcomer when Ariel enters. He tastes his wine and examines the small but beautiful woman. Today must be the day for combat-capable beauties in the Dunn Wright and Orlando is feeling particularly blessed.

"A pleasure, Ariel Esimae. I am Orlando Furioso."

Returning again to the conversation he has been holding with Cythera, Orlando continues. "Ahhh, Enza Furros." He withholds his opinion on the man and keeps his judgements to himself. He nods acceptance of Cythera's offer. "Certainly! A stroll through Ranocchio could be interesting, indeed, and I look forward to it."

[sblock=MiniStats][size=+1]Fury[/size] Human Rogue 5 / Bard 2
Initiative: +7 Perception: +10

AC: 23 (16 touch; 18 flat-footed)
HP: 56 Current: 56
CMB: +6 CMD: 21 Fort: +3 Ref: +13 Will: +5

In Hand:

Spells Remaining: 1st: 2/2[/sblock]

Systole

First Post
[sblock=Fury & Cythera]Nooooooooooooooo! I have a great DWI recruitment post ready to go as soon as the adventure is approved![/sblock]

DalkonCledwin

First Post
Veniarus shakily goes over to a large trough of water, dunks his head into it brings his head back out after a few seconds shakes his head vigorously and then returns to the table a bit more sober than he was previously and says to Ariel "Sorry... and no I wasn't really wallowing in 'sadness' over what happened to Kalius. I can simply summon him again and use some healing spells to restore his vitality on the 'marrow. But for now I was simply trying to relieve the stress of fighting all those undead and then immediately afterwards fighting Casetta and her minions. It was a bit... much, if you get the meaning?" He says while rubbing his temples vigorously due to a slight aching headache that he was developing due to having sobered up so suddenly.

Systole

First Post
The door opens and a young messenger steps inside. Before he’s gone four steps however, a second messenger opens the door behind him. “Hey, Kells!” the second one says, catching up and tapping the first messenger on the shoulder. “I thought I saw you outside. You got a delivery here too?”

Kells the messenger is momentarily surprised, but smiles upon recognizing his friend. “Heya, Bugali! Yeah, it’s for some chickadee named Cynth … Cynther …” He re-reads the address on the message. “Cytherea. And it’s from a priest, would ya believe? I betcha she’s his moll on the side, and he's asking her by for a little bit of confessional, if you know what I mean.” He makes a crude hip-thrusting motion punctuated by a couple of even cruder grunts.

Bugali snickers. “Mine’s from this city counselor, for a berk named ‘Orlando,’” Bugali replies with a smirk. “Poor guy. It’s gotta be rough when you grow up wishing your parents named you something better … like Hubert.”

Kells guffaws. “Yeah, or Eugenio.”

“Or Algernon.”

“Or Gaylord!”

The two messengers break up into gales of laughter as they make their way to the bar.

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Ariel Esimae, Female Aasimar Cleric (NPC)

Ariel flips a few locks of hair at Cythera's compliment, "Well, you are too kind. It is not like I spend silver on having it professionally coiffed."

Drinking her fruit juice, she is matter of fact, "We have done Her work today, Veniarus. That might have been stressful, but it is also something we should be proud of."

Then the distraction of two loud and obnoxious men arrive. Her eyes narrow as the warmaiden overhears their disrespectful attitudes toward some clergy. Ariel is offended that the two idiots think to thumb their nose at priests in general.

Yet, she holds her tongue as she glares at them.

[sblock=Mini Stats]Initiative: +2
AC: 20 (22 with shield, 18 flat-footed, 12 Touch)
HP: 37 Current: 37
CMB: +5 CMD: 18 Fort: +6 Reflex: +4 Will: +8 (+10 vs. Fear)
+1 for all with Resistance
Resistance: 5 Cold, 5 Acid, 5 Electricity
Conditions if Effect: Point Blank Shot, Precise Shot

Current Weapon in Hand: none
Javelins: 5/5 Remaining

Fire Bolt: 6/6 Remaining Channel Energy: 5/5 remaining (3d6/DC14)
Deflection Aura: 1/1 remaining
Spells Remaining: Orisons: (Light, Resistance, Guidance, Detect Magic)
1st Level 5/5* (Shield of Faith, Doom, Bless, Divine Favor, Burning Hands)
2nd Level 4/4 (Lessor Restoration, Hold Person, Sound Burst, Barkskin)
3rd Level 3/3 (Fireball, Searing Light, Dispel Magic) [/sblock]___________________________________________

Nicki-Aycox_9-29-03_Wescyde-Scan.jpg
Ariel Esimae

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Cythera e'Kiernan, Bronze Dragon Disciple

Cythera replies to Orlando, "That sounds like a plan. We can meet here after lunch tomorrow and go for that stroll."

Then she follows the warmaiden's glare and her eyes alight on the two messengers that are appearing to be very naive on who they are seeking. But, the dancing dervish is also not the sort to take candy from babies nor routinely punishing ignorance. Turning back to Ariel, she can see the seething fury below the surface and she smiles with some mischievousness in her eye.

"Oh, Ariel. Relax. Those two chuckle-heads are likely working on gratuity and they will find that getting paid for this duty might not be so easy." Perhaps some raunchy odor to stick to them will be the answer."

With a simple cantrip, she conjures the smell of sewage and garbage to surround the messengers. The odor invades their garments and clothes, hanging about them like they got sprayed by a skunk.

"That should be entertaining as they assault Grog's nose. If they come this way, I would breath through your mouth."

OOC: That visit to see Ben in the Planks was for tomorrow IC. A lot can happen before then. ;)
[sblock=Mini Stats]Initiative: +8
AC: 24 (21 flat-footed, 15 Touch)
HP: 65 Current: 65
CMB: +10 CMD: 25 (26 vs. Sundering) Fort: +7 Reflex: +9 Will: +7
Conditions in Effect: Arcane Strike (+1 dmg), Power Attack (-2 Att/+6 dmg), Furious Focus (no penalty for 1st PA), Overhand Chop

Current Weapon in Hand: Wine goblet
Chakram: 8/8 Claws: 5/5 rounds remaining

Battle Dance: 14/14 Rounds Remaining
Spells Remaining: Cantrips: (Read Magic, Detect Magic, Resistance, Light, Prestidigitation, Mending)
1st Level 4/4 (Cure Light Wounds, Timely Inspiration, Grease(DC13), Vanish)[/sblock]___________________________

Cythera.jpg
Cythera e'Kiernan
CytheraAvatar.jpg

GlassEye

Adventurer
Orlando Furioso, human Bard/Rogue

Orlando scowls and shoots an annoyed glance over at Cythera as he mutters a complaint.

"You couldn't wait until they were on their way out before pulling your hoodoo trick? And I must compliment you on recreating that elf's stench, I was beginning to miss it."

Orlando represses his gag reflex as best he is able as the two messengers approach the bar near where the small group is sitting and engulf the area with their new odor. The rogue slips from his stool and takes up an easy stance with his hand resting on the ivory hilt of his rapier. He cocks his head to one side and glares at the pair.

"Hey, Bung-holio. I'm Orlando. You got a message for me?"

[sblock=MiniStats][size=+1]Fury[/size] Human Rogue 5 / Bard 2
Initiative: +7 Perception: +10

AC: 23 (16 touch; 18 flat-footed)
HP: 56 Current: 56
CMB: +6 CMD: 21 Fort: +3 Ref: +13 Will: +5

In Hand:

Spells Remaining: 1st: 2/2[/sblock]

Systole

First Post
As the stench envelops the pair, Kells grunts. “For Cortessa’s sake, Bugali. You couldn’t let that one go outside?”

“Wasn’t me. And whoever smelt it, dealt it, berk.”

Kells reddens. “Who you calling a berk, berk?”

The exchange Is interrupted by Fury, at which point both of the men stop, note the ease with which he wears his rapier, and start smiling desperately.

“Oh, yes! Of course, here’s your message, Mr. Furioso, sir! My mate and I was just remarking on what an exceptional name it is you have!” Bugali says, thrusting the note forward as if it were some sort of protective barrier.

“We was just saying how the name Orlando was very historically rich!” Kells says, sweat beading on his brow.

“And suave! And manly!”

“Very manly!” Kells agrees.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases