[Tavern Thread] The Dunn Wright Inn - Page 241


What's on your mind?

  1. #2401
    Cowled Justice of LPF COPPER SUBSCRIBER
    Guide (Lvl 11)

    GlassEye's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Columbia, MO
    Posts
    6,692
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    Ignore GlassEye
    My communities:

    Orlando Furioso, human Bard/Rogue

    Orlando takes his message and laughes at the antics of the two messenger fellows. He grins and shakes his head in mock exasperation.

    "Hey, Bugali!" He tosses the messenger a silver coin, which Orlando knows would equal the pay for delivering several messages.

    "Now, let's see what this is about..." Orlando says to himself as he opens and reads the message.



    MiniStats
    Fury Human Rogue 5 / Bard 2
    Initiative: +7 Perception: +10

    AC: 23 (16 touch; 18 flat-footed)
    HP: 56 Current: 56
    CMB: +6 CMD: 21 Fort: +3 Ref: +13 Will: +5

    In Hand:

    Spells Remaining: 1st: 2/2

 

  • #2402
    Community Supporter COPPER SUBSCRIBER
    Waghalter (Lvl 7)

    Systole's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Newton, MA
    Posts
    3,126
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    Ignore Systole
    My communities:

    "Thank you, sir!" Bugali says. When he thinks Fury isn't looking, he flips a rude gesture at Kells. "Thank you! Very kind!" He hustles out.

    Kells mutters under his breath and approaches Grog, who looks at the message and points at Cythera. Kells blanches slightly, realizing that everything he said was well within earhsot of the warrior maiden.

    Fury's message
    Orlando,

    I hope this missive finds you in good health, and I hope you are still interested in making Ranocchio a better place.

    If you've kept your ear to the ground (as I'm sure you have), you'll have heard of a change that's lately come to the Lower Guild a young priest who somehow managed to get past Enza Furros and establish a chapel in the Lower Guild, which I still find hard to believe.

    I have nothing but respect for Furros. Without him, the Lower Guild wouldn't have risen to the position it holds today and yet, one can't help feeling that perhaps time has passed him by. No one can deny that Furros' combativeness and bullheadedness have gotten the Guild where it is, but isn't it possible that those same traits have caused the Guild to stagnate to be less of a force for change in Ranocchio than it might be? Perhaps the Lower Guild needs a guiding hand.

    Now, I've heard good things about this young priest, but little birds have told me that there's something troubling him. If possible, I'd like you to help him. My gut keeps telling me that he holds great promise for the Lower Guild, and I think the Lower Guild holds great promise for Ranocchio. I realize that helping this priest may seem a trivial task, but I've often found that great rewards come from small acts of charity. As someone who once rescued a passing stranger from a band of cutthroats, I hope you'll agree.

    -Milo

  • #2403
    Registered User
    Defender (Lvl 8)

    perrinmiller's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Tokyo, Japan
    Posts
    7,581
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    GM's DayGygax Memorial FundPathfinder

    Ignore perrinmiller
    My communities:

    Grog, Retired Half-orc Fighter (NPC)

    OOC: Dang, I was writing and missed your post Systole. Edited



    As the two stinky messengers are being loud and obnoxious, the half-orc bartender cannot help but notice them. Then the stench assaults his many times broken nose, and even Grog is unable to contain his propriety.

    Oy! Iffen ya gonna use yar drawers as a latrine, git otta har an' do it sumwares else.

    Grog holds the dishcloth over his mouth and nose and his muffled, grumbling voice continues, Be quick an' git yar bidness dun.

    After reading the name on the message, he gestures for the pair to leave as soon as possible after the one speaks to the tall red-headed woman.
    Last edited by perrinmiller; Friday, 4th May, 2012 at 02:56 AM. Reason: Got ninja'd
    Playing & DMing: PF and SWSE

  • #2404
    Registered User
    Defender (Lvl 8)

    perrinmiller's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Tokyo, Japan
    Posts
    7,581
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    GM's DayGygax Memorial FundPathfinder

    Ignore perrinmiller
    My communities:

    Cythera e'Kiernan, Bronze Dragon Disciple

    Cythera mutters in return to Orlando, "Well, I had hoped for more entertainment out of it, but I suppose they will still have a time ridding themselves of the stench."

    Unable to really give a stern expression while breathing through her mouth, she simply holds out a hand for the message and gestures for the idiot to leave. Seeing the dejected puppy look at not getting a payment, she flips him a silver piece anyway. With his hasty retreat, she uses that cantrip to remove the lingering stench from the visitation.

    "I guess the lesson is she who dealt it often must suffer the smelling too. Sorry about that."

    "I am curious to see if the priest mentioned is Ben."

    She opens the message and takes a quick look to see if it is important.

    Mini Stats
    Initiative: +8
    AC: 24 (21 flat-footed, 15 Touch)
    HP: 65 Current: 65
    CMB: +10 CMD: 25 (26 vs. Sundering) Fort: +7 Reflex: +9 Will: +7
    Conditions in Effect: Arcane Strike (+1 dmg), Power Attack (-2 Att/+6 dmg), Furious Focus (no penalty for 1st PA), Overhand Chop

    Current Weapon in Hand: Wine goblet & message
    Chakram: 8/8 Claws: 5/5 rounds remaining

    Battle Dance: 14/14 Rounds Remaining
    Spells Remaining: Cantrips: (Read Magic, Detect Magic, Resistance, Light, Prestidigitation, Mending)
    1st Level 4/4 (Cure Light Wounds, Timely Inspiration, Grease(DC13), Vanish)
    ___________________________

    Cythera e'Kiernan
    Playing & DMing: PF and SWSE

  • #2405
    Registered User
    Cutpurse (Lvl 5)

    DalkonCledwin's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    The Blood Plains of Stovokor
    Posts
    1,095
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    Ignore DalkonCledwin
    My communities:

    For some reason Veniarus seems to be completely unaffected by the spell that Cythera had cast on the two men, though it does seem to have the effect of sobbering him up completely. He looks at Cythera and says "Was that really necessary? I mean I realize they were crude and rude, but..."

    He then turns to Ariel and says "Your assistance in reviving Kalius though likely not necessary would be much appreciated."
    Fae'shiel Aeros, Level 5 || Tonris, Level 6

  • #2406
    Registered User
    Defender (Lvl 8)

    perrinmiller's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Tokyo, Japan
    Posts
    7,581
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    GM's DayGygax Memorial FundPathfinder

    Ignore perrinmiller
    My communities:

    Ariel Esimae, Female Aasimar Cleric (NPC)

    Ariel is bound and determined to prove she is made of stern stuff as an experienced warmaiden, despite her relatively young age. But she ends up holding her breathe for the most part and eventually lets it out gasping for clean air.

    "Blessed Helina, that was foul. At least fighting the rotting corpses by the canals there is a slight breeze to keep from gagging. Please, do not do that again in such a confined space."

    She is slightly puzzled by the comment of Orlando's regarding elves and their stench, and she glances at Veniarus to see if he was possibly offended or the one referenced. Seeing that his is not, she nods at his request, "Indeed, aiding the injured is practically my duty. Comrades in arms always get priority."

    Mini Stats
    Initiative: +2
    AC: 20 (22 with shield, 18 flat-footed, 12 Touch)
    HP: 37 Current: 37
    CMB: +5 CMD: 18 Fort: +6 Reflex: +4 Will: +8 (+10 vs. Fear)
    +1 for all with Resistance
    Resistance: 5 Cold, 5 Acid, 5 Electricity
    Conditions if Effect: Point Blank Shot, Precise Shot

    Current Weapon in Hand: none
    Javelins: 5/5 Remaining

    Fire Bolt: 6/6 Remaining Channel Energy: 5/5 remaining (3d6/DC14)
    Deflection Aura: 1/1 remaining
    Spells Remaining: Orisons: (Light, Resistance, Guidance, Detect Magic)
    1st Level 5/5* (Shield of Faith, Doom, Bless, Divine Favor, Burning Hands)
    2nd Level 4/4 (Lessor Restoration, Hold Person, Sound Burst, Barkskin)
    3rd Level 3/3 (Fireball, Searing Light, Dispel Magic)
    ___________________________________________

    Ariel Esimae
    Playing & DMing: PF and SWSE

  • #2407
    Registered User
    Cutpurse (Lvl 5)

    DalkonCledwin's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    The Blood Plains of Stovokor
    Posts
    1,095
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    Ignore DalkonCledwin
    My communities:

    With that said, Veniarus draws a vial of a red vacuous liquid from inside of a pouch that seems to contain several such vials. He says "It might be best if we were to do this outside so as to not get Grog yelling at us about staining his beautiful floor with blood or some such thing." As Veniarus begins walking towards the exit of the building.
    Fae'shiel Aeros, Level 5 || Tonris, Level 6

  • #2408
    Registered User
    Defender (Lvl 8)

    perrinmiller's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Tokyo, Japan
    Posts
    7,581
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    GM's DayGygax Memorial FundPathfinder

    Ignore perrinmiller
    My communities:

    Ariel Esimae, Female Aasimar Cleric (NPC)

    Ariel has seen the bronze dragon disciple freely use her magic to make life easier and spare inconveniences. The warmaiden shakes her head, "Bring Kalius forth right now. I shall heal him immediately, before he bleeds too much."

    "Lady Cythera, I am sure, would be happy to deal with any blood that should drip or mess up the floor."


    Something in the petite cleric's tone as she suggests what the tall red-headed woman should do, doesn't leave much room for argument as Ariel gives Cythera a sidelong look.

    Mini Stats
    Initiative: +2
    AC: 20 (22 with shield, 18 flat-footed, 12 Touch)
    HP: 37 Current: 37
    CMB: +5 CMD: 18 Fort: +6 Reflex: +4 Will: +8 (+10 vs. Fear)
    +1 for all with Resistance
    Resistance: 5 Cold, 5 Acid, 5 Electricity
    Conditions if Effect: Point Blank Shot, Precise Shot

    Current Weapon in Hand: none
    Javelins: 5/5 Remaining

    Fire Bolt: 6/6 Remaining Channel Energy: 5/5 remaining (3d6/DC14)
    Deflection Aura: 1/1 remaining
    Spells Remaining: Orisons: (Light, Resistance, Guidance, Detect Magic)
    1st Level 5/5* (Shield of Faith, Doom, Bless, Divine Favor, Burning Hands)
    2nd Level 4/4 (Lessor Restoration, Hold Person, Sound Burst, Barkskin)
    3rd Level 3/3 (Fireball, Searing Light, Dispel Magic)
    ___________________________________________

    Ariel Esimae
    Playing & DMing: PF and SWSE

  • #2409
    Registered User
    Defender (Lvl 8)

    perrinmiller's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Tokyo, Japan
    Posts
    7,581
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    GM's DayGygax Memorial FundPathfinder

    Ignore perrinmiller
    My communities:

    Cythera e'Kiernan, Bronze Dragon Disciple

    Cythera nods, "Perish the thought, Ariel. The brute is well deserving of healing and I have no objections to disposing of the blood stains and whatnot."

    She returns to looking over her message.

    Mini Stats
    Initiative: +8
    AC: 24 (21 flat-footed, 15 Touch)
    HP: 65 Current: 65
    CMB: +10 CMD: 25 (26 vs. Sundering) Fort: +7 Reflex: +9 Will: +7
    Conditions in Effect: Arcane Strike (+1 dmg), Power Attack (-2 Att/+6 dmg), Furious Focus (no penalty for 1st PA), Overhand Chop

    Current Weapon in Hand: Wine goblet & message
    Chakram: 8/8 Claws: 5/5 rounds remaining

    Battle Dance: 14/14 Rounds Remaining
    Spells Remaining: Cantrips: (Read Magic, Detect Magic, Resistance, Light, Prestidigitation, Mending)
    1st Level 4/4 (Cure Light Wounds, Timely Inspiration, Grease(DC13), Vanish)
    ___________________________

    Cythera e'Kiernan
    Playing & DMing: PF and SWSE

  • #2410
    Registered User
    Cutpurse (Lvl 5)

    DalkonCledwin's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    The Blood Plains of Stovokor
    Posts
    1,095
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    Ignore DalkonCledwin
    My communities:

    Veniarus shakes his head as Ariel AND Cythera fail to comprehend exactly what he meant. With that in mind he says "This vial contains a small sample of my own blood. The pact I made when I summoned Kalius for the first time requires that when I do summon Kalius, that I utilize some of my own life force in order to complete the summoning. The easiest way to do this is to sacrifice some of my blood in a summoning circle."

    All this he says as he is drawing a summoning circle made out of his own blood. He then says "It would be best if you waited to clean this up until after Kalius has arrived here."
    Fae'shiel Aeros, Level 5 || Tonris, Level 6

  • + Log in or register to post
    Page 241 of 423 FirstFirst ... 141191231232233234235236237238239240241242243244245246247248249250251291341 ... LastLast

    Similar Threads

    1. Even Newer(er) Tavern Thread: The Hanged Man
      By L4W Facilitator in forum Living 4th Edition
      Replies: 2972
      Last Post: Thursday, 13th November, 2014, 08:15 PM
    2. New Tavern Thread: The Hanged Man
      By L4W Facilitator in forum Living 4th Edition
      Replies: 1006
      Last Post: Saturday, 9th January, 2010, 03:02 AM
    3. Tavern Thread: The Hanged Man
      By L4W Facilitator in forum Living 4th Edition
      Replies: 1014
      Last Post: Tuesday, 7th July, 2009, 06:14 PM
    4. Close LEB Tavern Thread
      By stonegod in forum Meta
      Replies: 2
      Last Post: Wednesday, 8th August, 2007, 12:13 AM
    5. Tavern Tales ooc thread.
      By jasamcarl in forum Talking the Talk
      Replies: 7
      Last Post: Friday, 23rd July, 2004, 04:27 AM

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •