[Tavern Thread] The Dunn Wright Inn

GlassEye

Adventurer
Orlando Furioso, human Bard/Rogue

Orlando takes his message and laughes at the antics of the two messenger fellows. He grins and shakes his head in mock exasperation.

"Hey, Bugali!" He tosses the messenger a silver coin, which Orlando knows would equal the pay for delivering several messages.

"Now, let's see what this is about..." Orlando says to himself as he opens and reads the message.

[sblock=MiniStats][size=+1]Fury[/size] Human Rogue 5 / Bard 2
Initiative: +7 Perception: +10

AC: 23 (16 touch; 18 flat-footed)
HP: 56 Current: 56
CMB: +6 CMD: 21 Fort: +3 Ref: +13 Will: +5

In Hand:

Spells Remaining: 1st: 2/2[/sblock]

Systole

First Post
"Thank you, sir!" Bugali says. When he thinks Fury isn't looking, he flips a rude gesture at Kells. "Thank you! Very kind!" He hustles out.

Kells mutters under his breath and approaches Grog, who looks at the message and points at Cythera. Kells blanches slightly, realizing that everything he said was well within earhsot of the warrior maiden.

[sblock=Fury's message]Orlando,

I hope this missive finds you in good health, and I hope you are still interested in making Ranocchio a better place.

If you've kept your ear to the ground (as I'm sure you have), you'll have heard of a change that's lately come to the Lower Guild – a young priest who somehow managed to get past Enza Furros and establish a chapel in the Lower Guild, which I still find hard to believe.

I have nothing but respect for Furros. Without him, the Lower Guild wouldn't have risen to the position it holds today … and yet, one can't help feeling that perhaps time has passed him by. No one can deny that Furros' combativeness and bullheadedness have gotten the Guild where it is, but isn't it possible that those same traits have caused the Guild to stagnate … to be less of a force for change in Ranocchio than it might be? Perhaps the Lower Guild needs a guiding hand.

Now, I've heard good things about this young priest, but little birds have told me that there's something troubling him. If possible, I'd like you to help him. My gut keeps telling me that he holds great promise for the Lower Guild, and I think the Lower Guild holds great promise for Ranocchio. I realize that helping this priest may seem a trivial task, but I've often found that great rewards come from small acts of charity. As someone who once rescued a passing stranger from a band of cutthroats, I hope you'll agree.

-Milo[/sblock]

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Grog, Retired Half-orc Fighter (NPC)

OOC: Dang, I was writing and missed your post Systole. Edited

Bartender.jpg

As the two stinky messengers are being loud and obnoxious, the half-orc bartender cannot help but notice them. Then the stench assaults his many times broken nose, and even Grog is unable to contain his propriety.

“Oy! Iffen ya gonna use yar drawers as a latrine, git otta har an' do it sumwares else.

Grog holds the dishcloth over his mouth and nose and his muffled, grumbling voice continues, “Be quick an' git yar bidness dun.

After reading the name on the message, he gestures for the pair to leave as soon as possible after the one speaks to the tall red-headed woman.

Last edited:

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Cythera e'Kiernan, Bronze Dragon Disciple

Cythera mutters in return to Orlando, "Well, I had hoped for more entertainment out of it, but I suppose they will still have a time ridding themselves of the stench."

Unable to really give a stern expression while breathing through her mouth, she simply holds out a hand for the message and gestures for the idiot to leave. Seeing the dejected puppy look at not getting a payment, she flips him a silver piece anyway. With his hasty retreat, she uses that cantrip to remove the lingering stench from the visitation.

"I guess the lesson is she who dealt it often must suffer the smelling too. Sorry about that."

"I am curious to see if the priest mentioned is Ben."

She opens the message and takes a quick look to see if it is important.

[sblock=Mini Stats]Initiative: +8
AC: 24 (21 flat-footed, 15 Touch)
HP: 65 Current: 65
CMB: +10 CMD: 25 (26 vs. Sundering) Fort: +7 Reflex: +9 Will: +7
Conditions in Effect: Arcane Strike (+1 dmg), Power Attack (-2 Att/+6 dmg), Furious Focus (no penalty for 1st PA), Overhand Chop

Current Weapon in Hand: Wine goblet & message
Chakram: 8/8 Claws: 5/5 rounds remaining

Battle Dance: 14/14 Rounds Remaining
Spells Remaining: Cantrips: (Read Magic, Detect Magic, Resistance, Light, Prestidigitation, Mending)
1st Level 4/4 (Cure Light Wounds, Timely Inspiration, Grease(DC13), Vanish)[/sblock]___________________________

Cythera.jpg
Cythera e'Kiernan
CytheraAvatar.jpg

DalkonCledwin

First Post
For some reason Veniarus seems to be completely unaffected by the spell that Cythera had cast on the two men, though it does seem to have the effect of sobbering him up completely. He looks at Cythera and says "Was that really necessary? I mean I realize they were crude and rude, but..."

He then turns to Ariel and says "Your assistance in reviving Kalius though likely not necessary would be much appreciated."

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Ariel Esimae, Female Aasimar Cleric (NPC)

Ariel is bound and determined to prove she is made of stern stuff as an experienced warmaiden, despite her relatively young age. But she ends up holding her breathe for the most part and eventually lets it out gasping for clean air.

"Blessed Helina, that was foul. At least fighting the rotting corpses by the canals there is a slight breeze to keep from gagging. Please, do not do that again in such a confined space."

She is slightly puzzled by the comment of Orlando's regarding elves and their stench, and she glances at Veniarus to see if he was possibly offended or the one referenced. Seeing that his is not, she nods at his request, "Indeed, aiding the injured is practically my duty. Comrades in arms always get priority."

[sblock=Mini Stats]Initiative: +2
AC: 20 (22 with shield, 18 flat-footed, 12 Touch)
HP: 37 Current: 37
CMB: +5 CMD: 18 Fort: +6 Reflex: +4 Will: +8 (+10 vs. Fear)
+1 for all with Resistance
Resistance: 5 Cold, 5 Acid, 5 Electricity
Conditions if Effect: Point Blank Shot, Precise Shot

Current Weapon in Hand: none
Javelins: 5/5 Remaining

Fire Bolt: 6/6 Remaining Channel Energy: 5/5 remaining (3d6/DC14)
Deflection Aura: 1/1 remaining
Spells Remaining: Orisons: (Light, Resistance, Guidance, Detect Magic)
1st Level 5/5* (Shield of Faith, Doom, Bless, Divine Favor, Burning Hands)
2nd Level 4/4 (Lessor Restoration, Hold Person, Sound Burst, Barkskin)
3rd Level 3/3 (Fireball, Searing Light, Dispel Magic) [/sblock]___________________________________________

Nicki-Aycox_9-29-03_Wescyde-Scan.jpg
Ariel Esimae

DalkonCledwin

First Post
With that said, Veniarus draws a vial of a red vacuous liquid from inside of a pouch that seems to contain several such vials. He says "It might be best if we were to do this outside so as to not get Grog yelling at us about staining his beautiful floor with blood or some such thing." As Veniarus begins walking towards the exit of the building.

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Ariel Esimae, Female Aasimar Cleric (NPC)

Ariel has seen the bronze dragon disciple freely use her magic to make life easier and spare inconveniences. The warmaiden shakes her head, "Bring Kalius forth right now. I shall heal him immediately, before he bleeds too much."

"Lady Cythera, I am sure, would be happy to deal with any blood that should drip or mess up the floor."

Something in the petite cleric's tone as she suggests what the tall red-headed woman should do, doesn't leave much room for argument as Ariel gives Cythera a sidelong look.

[sblock=Mini Stats]Initiative: +2
AC: 20 (22 with shield, 18 flat-footed, 12 Touch)
HP: 37 Current: 37
CMB: +5 CMD: 18 Fort: +6 Reflex: +4 Will: +8 (+10 vs. Fear)
+1 for all with Resistance
Resistance: 5 Cold, 5 Acid, 5 Electricity
Conditions if Effect: Point Blank Shot, Precise Shot

Current Weapon in Hand: none
Javelins: 5/5 Remaining

Fire Bolt: 6/6 Remaining Channel Energy: 5/5 remaining (3d6/DC14)
Deflection Aura: 1/1 remaining
Spells Remaining: Orisons: (Light, Resistance, Guidance, Detect Magic)
1st Level 5/5* (Shield of Faith, Doom, Bless, Divine Favor, Burning Hands)
2nd Level 4/4 (Lessor Restoration, Hold Person, Sound Burst, Barkskin)
3rd Level 3/3 (Fireball, Searing Light, Dispel Magic) [/sblock]___________________________________________

Nicki-Aycox_9-29-03_Wescyde-Scan.jpg
Ariel Esimae

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Cythera e'Kiernan, Bronze Dragon Disciple

Cythera nods, "Perish the thought, Ariel. The brute is well deserving of healing and I have no objections to disposing of the blood stains and whatnot."

She returns to looking over her message.

[sblock=Mini Stats]Initiative: +8
AC: 24 (21 flat-footed, 15 Touch)
HP: 65 Current: 65
CMB: +10 CMD: 25 (26 vs. Sundering) Fort: +7 Reflex: +9 Will: +7
Conditions in Effect: Arcane Strike (+1 dmg), Power Attack (-2 Att/+6 dmg), Furious Focus (no penalty for 1st PA), Overhand Chop

Current Weapon in Hand: Wine goblet & message
Chakram: 8/8 Claws: 5/5 rounds remaining

Battle Dance: 14/14 Rounds Remaining
Spells Remaining: Cantrips: (Read Magic, Detect Magic, Resistance, Light, Prestidigitation, Mending)
1st Level 4/4 (Cure Light Wounds, Timely Inspiration, Grease(DC13), Vanish)[/sblock]___________________________

Cythera.jpg
Cythera e'Kiernan
CytheraAvatar.jpg

DalkonCledwin

First Post
Veniarus shakes his head as Ariel AND Cythera fail to comprehend exactly what he meant. With that in mind he says "This vial contains a small sample of my own blood. The pact I made when I summoned Kalius for the first time requires that when I do summon Kalius, that I utilize some of my own life force in order to complete the summoning. The easiest way to do this is to sacrifice some of my blood in a summoning circle."

All this he says as he is drawing a summoning circle made out of his own blood. He then says "It would be best if you waited to clean this up until after Kalius has arrived here."

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases