Pathfinder RPG [Tavern Thread] The Dunn Wright Inn - Page 242





  1. #2411
    Community Supporter COPPER SUBSCRIBER
    Waghalter (Lvl 7)

    Systole's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Newton, MA
    Posts
    3,005

    Ignore Systole
    "It was Bugali!" Kells protests to Grog. He, too, pales when he realizes that his commentary was probably overheard as well, and scurries out after the message is delivered.

    Cythera's Message
    Lady e'Kiernan,

    If you are still interested in resolving the matter from the other night, please visit me at the Lower Guild at your convenience. I've discovered a clue.

    Your discretion in this matter would be appreciated.

    Yours truly,
    Most Benevolent Seeker of Untold Bounties of Esoteric Knowledge in Service of the Greater Glory of Our Lord Serroth the Wondrous Bearer of the Thirsting Pick Upon the Holy Field of Battle and the Slayer of the Unrighteous and the Cowardly


    OOC: @perrinmiller and glasseye I'll get the IC thread up later today.
    Last edited by Systole; Friday, 4th May, 2012 at 09:32 PM.

 

  • #2412
    Registered User
    Defender (Lvl 8)

    perrinmiller's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Tokyo, Japan
    Posts
    7,297
    GM's Day Gygax Memorial Fund Pathfinder

    Ignore perrinmiller

    Cythera e'Kiernan, Bronze Dragon Disciple

    Folding the note and tucking it away, Cythera looks to Orlando, "It would appear that my trip to visit the young priest in the Planks is going to be sooner. At least that's how I interpret my convenience."

    She glances up as the summoner begins calling forth his centaur, taking a sip of her wine and offering to refill Orlando's glass.

    Mini Stats
    Initiative: +8
    AC: 24 (21 flat-footed, 15 Touch)
    HP: 65 Current: 65
    CMB: +10 CMD: 25 (26 vs. Sundering) Fort: +7 Reflex: +9 Will: +7
    Conditions in Effect: Arcane Strike (+1 dmg), Power Attack (-2 Att/+6 dmg), Furious Focus (no penalty for 1st PA), Overhand Chop

    Current Weapon in Hand: Wine goblet
    Chakram: 8/8 Claws: 5/5 rounds remaining

    Battle Dance: 14/14 Rounds Remaining
    Spells Remaining: Cantrips: (Read Magic, Detect Magic, Resistance, Light, Prestidigitation, Mending)
    1st Level 4/4 (Cure Light Wounds, Timely Inspiration, Grease(DC13), Vanish)
    ___________________________

    Cythera e'Kiernan
    Playing & DMing: PF and SWSE

  • #2413
    Cowled Justice of LPF COPPER SUBSCRIBER
    Myrmidon (Lvl 10)

    GlassEye's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Columbia, MO
    Posts
    6,333

    Ignore GlassEye

    Orlando Furioso, human Bard/Rogue

    Orlando doesn't get what Venarius is going on about and he certainly doesn't like the looks of the blood ritual that is beginning to take place right in the middle of the very busy Dunn Wright Inn. He points out a section that a passing patron smeared with his foot as he attempted to squeeze past on his way towards an open table.

    "Your... thing is smeared over there where that fellow stepped on it. Does that mean you have to redraw it? Maybe you should take it outside where there is more room."

    Orlando turns to Cythera with his own message in hand, waves it idly and with a brief shake of the head declines more wine.

    "If your young priest is the same fellow my mentor mentions then it would seem we have the same purpose. I'm of a mind to seek out this priest now if you like to travel together."

    His glance towards the ritual taking place is more than enough to indicate that he would rather not be around when it finishes.



    MiniStats
    Fury Human Rogue 5 / Bard 2
    Initiative: +7 Perception: +10

    AC: 23 (16 touch; 18 flat-footed)
    HP: 56 Current: 56
    CMB: +6 CMD: 21 Fort: +3 Ref: +13 Will: +5

    In Hand:

    Spells Remaining: 1st: 2/2

  • #2414
    Registered User
    Cutpurse (Lvl 5)

    DalkonCledwin's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    The Blood Plains of Stovokor
    Posts
    1,095

    Ignore DalkonCledwin
    Sensing Fury's uneasiness Veniarus says simply "Trust me, this is nothing maleavolent, though I wish people would stop stepping on the circle." He says as he redraws another section that has been stepped on. After about 2 minutes of drawing and redrawing of the circle it appears complete. Veniarus finally stands up and says some arcane words in a rather ancient dialect of Elven that it is surprising he even knows considering the fact that he is only a half-elf. With that finished a body begins to manifest inside of the summoning circle. The body of a centuarlike form, the problem however is that this form appears to be unconscious and bleeding profusely from various wounds on it's body.
    Fae'shiel Aeros, Level 5 || Tonris, Level 6

  • #2415
    Community Supporter COPPER SUBSCRIBER
    Waghalter (Lvl 7)

    Systole's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Newton, MA
    Posts
    3,005

    Ignore Systole
    GM: The thread for Faith and Good Works is up.

  • #2416
    Registered User
    Defender (Lvl 8)

    perrinmiller's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Tokyo, Japan
    Posts
    7,297
    GM's Day Gygax Memorial Fund Pathfinder

    Ignore perrinmiller

    Cythera e'Kiernan, Bronze Dragon Disciple

    OOC: Posted from phone. Tricky.

    Cythera nods as Orlando wishes to get started sooner, "Okay, just give me a moment."

    "Good luck, to you, Ariel. Perhaps we shall meet again in the market district. Veniarus, take care."


    She stoppers the wine bottle and returns it to Grog for safekeeping on her return. After using a simple cantrip to clean the blood stains, Cythera waves a final farewell to her former companions and leaves in company with Fury.

    Mini Stats
    Initiative: +8
    AC: 24 (21 flat-footed, 15 Touch)
    HP: 65 Current: 65
    CMB: +10 CMD: 25 (26 vs. Sundering) Fort: +7 Reflex: +9 Will: +7
    Conditions in Effect: Arcane Strike (+1 dmg), Power Attack (-2 Att/+6 dmg), Furious Focus (no penalty for 1st PA), Overhand Chop

    Current Weapon in Hand: Wine goblet
    Chakram: 8/8 Claws: 5/5 rounds remaining

    Battle Dance: 14/14 Rounds Remaining
    Spells Remaining: Cantrips: (Read Magic, Detect Magic, Resistance, Light, Prestidigitation, Mending)
    1st Level 4/4 (Cure Light Wounds, Timely Inspiration, Grease(DC13), Vanish)
    ___________________________

    Cythera e'Kiernan
    Playing & DMing: PF and SWSE

  • #2417
    Registered User
    Defender (Lvl 8)

    perrinmiller's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Tokyo, Japan
    Posts
    7,297
    GM's Day Gygax Memorial Fund Pathfinder

    Ignore perrinmiller

    Ariel Esimae, Female Aasimar Cleric (NPC)

    Ariel concentrates on reviving the fallen centaur, using a light healing spell to staunch the blood for Cythera to begin cleaning up. Another few prayers to Helina and Kalius is back to full strength.

    "Blessed Helina is generous today."

    "May She guide you and your new friend, Cythera. Deliver Her justice as your heart tells you."


    Having completed her work and farewell, the petite warmaiden sits back down at the table and takes a drink of her fruit juice again.

    "Well, Veniarus? What are you and Kalius going to do next?"

    Mini Stats
    Initiative: +2
    AC: 20 (22 with shield, 18 flat-footed, 12 Touch)
    HP: 37 Current: 37
    CMB: +5 CMD: 18 Fort: +6 Reflex: +4 Will: +8 (+10 vs. Fear)
    +1 for all with Resistance
    Resistance: 5 Cold, 5 Acid, 5 Electricity
    Conditions if Effect: Point Blank Shot, Precise Shot

    Current Weapon in Hand: none
    Javelins: 5/5 Remaining

    Fire Bolt: 6/6 Remaining Channel Energy: 5/5 remaining (3d6/DC14)
    Deflection Aura: 1/1 remaining
    Spells Remaining: Orisons: (Light, Resistance, Guidance, Detect Magic)
    1st Level 5/5* (Shield of Faith, Doom, Bless, Divine Favor, Burning Hands)
    2nd Level 4/4 (Lessor Restoration, Hold Person, Sound Burst, Barkskin)
    3rd Level 3/3 (Fireball, Searing Light, Dispel Magic)
    ___________________________________________

    Ariel Esimae
    Playing & DMing: PF and SWSE

  • #2418
    Na Bith Mo Riocht T! COPPER SUBSCRIBER
    Lama (Lvl 13)

    Mowgli's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Jonesboro, AR
    Posts
    12,172

    Ignore Mowgli
    Pari and Tagaiwi make their way into the Dunn Wright and look around slowly. He takes note of Ariel talking to Veniarus, who seems to be drawing some sort of symbol on the floor of the inn.

    Tagaiwi stretches out on the floor below the stool Pari clambers upon. "Hoi, Ariel, Veniarus. The Dunn Wright's looking pretty empty, eh?"

    OOC
    Just dropping in a little RP so that Pari's retirement isn't a simple disappearance.
    "Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats."
    -- H.L. Mencken



    Legacy of Fire
    OOC IC

  • #2419
    Registered User
    Cutpurse (Lvl 5)

    DalkonCledwin's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    The Blood Plains of Stovokor
    Posts
    1,095

    Ignore DalkonCledwin
    "Yeah it is a tad bit empty." Veniarus says to Pari. He then turns to Ariel and chimes in "I think Kalius and I have had enough of the life of adventure for now. It is time that we returned to the forest of our birth where we can do some good for the Elves and hopefully settle some problems that have arisen there. Hopefully with our aid some of those problems may finally be resolved."

    OOC
    I am going to do a little bit more RP with Veniarus for retirement purposes, but I think it is pretty safe to say that I am retiring Veniarus in short order. I will make it official in a little while.
    Fae'shiel Aeros, Level 5 || Tonris, Level 6

  • #2420
    Registered User
    Cutpurse (Lvl 5)



    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Staten Island
    Posts
    1,281

    Ignore mfloyd3
    A human woman in gold-trimmed plate armor enters the bar. The billowing white cloak behind her draws a wary look from the half-orc bartender, but he quickly recognizes it is not the mark of the city watch. She steps up to the bar.

    "A goblet of wine, if you please," she asks the bartender. He nods and quickly fills and passes one of his less battered pewter cups. "Thank you," she offers.

    Finding the bar nearly deserted, she notices the human priestess, the half-elf and the gnome sitting at a table, their odd companions close at hand. It does not take much of a leap of logic for the priestess to conclude that these are adventurers.

    She steps up to them. "Your pardon," she offers. "May I join you?"

    Last edited by mfloyd3; Monday, 7th May, 2012 at 03:35 AM.

  • + Log in or register to post
    Page 242 of 403 FirstFirst ... 142 192 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 292 342 ... LastLast

    Similar Threads

    1. Even Newer(er) Tavern Thread: The Hanged Man
      By L4W Facilitator in forum Living 4th Edition
      Replies: 2937
      Last Post: Saturday, 5th October, 2013, 04:04 PM
    2. New Tavern Thread: The Hanged Man
      By L4W Facilitator in forum Living 4th Edition
      Replies: 1006
      Last Post: Saturday, 9th January, 2010, 02:02 AM
    3. Tavern Thread: The Hanged Man
      By L4W Facilitator in forum Living 4th Edition
      Replies: 1014
      Last Post: Tuesday, 7th July, 2009, 05:14 PM
    4. Close LEB Tavern Thread
      By stonegod in forum Meta
      Replies: 2
      Last Post: Tuesday, 7th August, 2007, 11:13 PM
    5. Tavern Tales ooc thread.
      By jasamcarl in forum Talking the Talk
      Replies: 7
      Last Post: Friday, 23rd July, 2004, 03:27 AM

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •