[Tavern Thread] The Dunn Wright Inn

deisenhut

First Post
Yoshiki Akita (Human Monk 5)

Unlike the usual fanfare around this place, the door opens silently and a short man wearing dark brown robes, sandals, and a pack over his back walks in. With only a cursory glance around the tavern, he heads straight for an open stool at the bar. With just a gesture, he orders himself a drink from the barkeep.

Yoshiki Akita, Human Monk 5, back from sabbatical and looking for new work.

DalkonCledwin

First Post
Veniarus stands up, with a nod to Kalius who had been leaning against the wall they gather their possessions. Veniarus turns to Ariel and says "It has been a pleasure. Even if some of the time it has been a bit of a struggle for us to get along." He then turns to Pari and says "Master Pari, I wish you godspeed in your future ventures." and with that he and Kalius turn to leave the Dunn Wright Inn. As they are getting their things together another Priestess makes her presence known asking if she can join the table. Veniarus who is just getting ready to leave says "By all means, you may have my seat." And with that Veniarus exits the Dunn Wright Inn and leaves for parts unknown making a stop along the way at his appartment here in the city to gather his things and then at the Mystic Pearle to return the keys of the apartment to the man who had rented it out to him.

[sblock=OOC]This is the official retirement post for Veniarus. From this point on Veniarus is an NPC for use in adventures relating to the Harran Forest and putting a stop to the more aggressive tendancies of the fanatics there in.[/sblock]

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Ariel Esimae, Female Aasimar Cleric (NPC)

Ariel smiles a welcome to Pari and then greets other priestess, "Good day to you. Please join us. I am Ariel Esimae, Warmaiden of Her Justice Helina. This is Pari and the departing man with the centaur is Veniarus."

"Good luck to you, Veniarus. May Blessed Helina watch over you."

Taking a look among the other patrons, Ariel remarks to Pari, "There are a few around. The elf over there and the man on the bar-stool. But they don't appear to be very social."

[sblock=Mini Stats]Initiative: +2
AC: 20 (22 with shield, 18 flat-footed, 12 Touch)
HP: 37 Current: 37
CMB: +5 CMD: 18 Fort: +6 Reflex: +4 Will: +8 (+10 vs. Fear)
+1 for all with Resistance
Resistance: 5 Cold, 5 Acid, 5 Electricity
Conditions if Effect: Point Blank Shot, Precise Shot

Current Weapon in Hand: none
Javelins: 5/5 Remaining

Fire Bolt: 6/6 Remaining Channel Energy: 5/5 remaining (3d6/DC14)
Deflection Aura: 1/1 remaining
Spells Remaining: Orisons: (Light, Resistance, Guidance, Detect Magic)
1st Level 5/5* (Shield of Faith, Doom, Bless, Divine Favor, Burning Hands)
2nd Level 4/4 (Lessor Restoration, Hold Person, Sound Burst, Barkskin)
3rd Level 3/3 (Fireball, Searing Light, Dispel Magic) [/sblock]___________________________________________

Nicki-Aycox_9-29-03_Wescyde-Scan.jpg
Ariel Esimae

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
PariKalikasanEWPortrait.png

Pari looks after the departing Veniarus, his expressive features settling into slight melancholy. "Fare well, Veniarus. Maybe we'll meet again one day."

Once the Summoner is gone he turns back to Ariel. "I'm one foot out the door as well. I'll miss this place, and the friends I've made, but I've been called by my Order to do some investigating in a wilderness area in the Landadel Baronies. The Barony Gevallenengel shares a border with Tal Hallow, and there are some strange rumors coming from our Rangers in that area.

"I'm just waiting for the mages over at the Pearl to finish up some work for me, and I'll be on my way."

Last edited:

DalkonCledwin

First Post
Suddenly and without warning the door to the Tavern opens as a man in blue traveling clothes and with blue robes walks into the Tavern from the Streets outside. Once inside he surveys his surroundings and then says something in the language of the Dragons which causes his eyes to glow momentarily as he surveys the area yet again. His eyes cease glowing after a few seconds and he makes his way over to the table where Ariel, Larissa, and Pari are sitting and says "You all look like well traveled Adventurer's. And might I say you two ladies are quite lovely? Mind if I join you for a drink or two? I am new in town and am trying to find out information about a certain individual. Though I doubt anyone here is likely to have heard about him." Following the young man into the Tavern is a small little lizard type creature that sends out little yips every so often as warnings when people try to step on it. As soon as it's master comes to a stop at the table the little creature jumps up on the table looks at Ariel then at Larissa, and then at Pari. Then it yips again as if saying something.

The young man seems rather cocky and obviously has a tendency to put his foot where his mouth should be. But he seems honest enough.

[sblock=Tonris, Mini Stats]Initiative: +9
Perception: -1 (it is +1 if within arm’s reach of Familiar)
Armor Class: 13 (Flat-Footed: 12 // Touch: 12)
Hit Points: 26 Current // 26 Total
BAB: +2 CMB: +3 CMD: 14
Fort: +3 Ref: +2 Will: +4
Special Resistances: +2 Trait Bonus to Saving Throws against Divination Effects, and a +1 Trait Bonus to Saving Throws against Divine Spells.
Concentration Check: 1d20 +8 (plus an additional 4 if casting defensively)
Caster Level Check: 1d20 +4

Primary Weapon: M.W. Quarterstaff (Attack Bonus: +4 // Damage: 1d6+1 // Critical: 20/x2 // Double Weapon // Masterwork)
Secondary Natural Weapon: Prehensile Hair (Attack Bonus: +1 // Damage: 1d3+2 // Critical: 20/x2 // 10 foot reach)

Class Abilities & Spells
Hexes:
Evil Eye:
can be used on any one target within 30 feet whom Tonris can see. This ability gives a -2 penalty to one of the following: AC, Ability Checks, Attack Rolls, Saving Throws, or Skill Checks for 7 rounds. Will save DC 16 reduces effect to just 1 round.
Flight: grants a +4 racial bonus on swim checks, allows the use of feather fall at will, and allows Tonris to cast Levitate once per day (0 / 1 per day).
Prehensile Hair: Grants Tonris the ability to manipulate his hair for a total of 4 minutes per day. These minutes need not be consecutive, but they must be spent in 1 minute intervals (0 / 4 minutes per day).

Prepared Spells
Cantrips (DC – 14): Guidance; Resistance; Detect Magic; Stabilize
First Level (DC – 15): Cure Light Wounds; Burning Hands; Ear Piercing Scream; Ray of Enfeeblement
Second Level (DC – 16): Cure Moderate Wounds; Touch of Idiocy; Enthrall[/sblock]
[FONT=&quot][sblock=Rex, Mini Stats][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Dinosaur, Compsognathus[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Neutral, Tiny Animal
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Init: +6; Senses: Lowlight Vision, Scent; Perception +4[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]AC: 17, Touch 14, Flat-Footed 15 (+2 Dex, +3 Nat, +2 Size)[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]HP: 13 (1d8+2 treated as if it had 4d8+2)[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Saves: Fort +4; Ref +4; Will +4[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Speed: 40 ft, Swim 20 ft.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Melee: Bite +3, (1d3-1 + poison)[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Space: 2.5 feet // Reach: 0 feet[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Ability Scores: STR 8, DEX 15, CON 14, INT 6, WIS 11, CHA 5[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Base Attack: +2; CMB +2; CMD 11[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Feats: Improved Initiative[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Skills: Perception +4, Swim +7, plus all skills that Tonris has ranks in[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Poison (Bite - Injury) Save Fort DC 12: Frequency 1/round for 4 rounds; 1d2 STR; Cure = 1 save.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Special Abilities Alertness, Empathic Link, Improved Evasion, Share Spells, Store Spells, Deliver Touch Spells[/sblock][/FONT]

Last edited:

mfloyd3

Explorer
If the newly-seated priestess is taken aback by the sudden comings and goings, she does not show it. She offers a warm smile as Tonris takes his seat, and makes her own introductions.

"I am Larissa Kondred, a Sister of Kamara," she offers. "Thank you for your hospitality," she nods to Ariel and Pari. "And well-met," she adds to Tonris. "Who is this person you seek? I am new myself, but will help if I can."

Last edited:

DalkonCledwin

First Post
Tonris grins somewhat stupidly as Larissa offers her assistance he says "A most despicable man indeed. He is a Priest who stormed into my families home and murdered them in cold blood for no apparent reason. I have been unsuccessful in finding any trace of this man, other than that he was not from any of the temples of my homeland of Illi Esse. So I thought I would travel here to see if I can find any trace of him here." in response to his statement the little lizard gives an indignant little squeak

Special Resistances: +2 Trait Bonus to Saving Throws against Divination Effects, and a +1 Trait Bonus to Saving Throws against Divine Spells.

Primary Weapon: M.W. Quarterstaff (Attack Bonus: +4 // Damage: 1d6+1 // Critical: 20/x2 // Double Weapon // Masterwork)
Secondary Natural Weapon: Prehensile Hair (Attack Bonus: +1 // Damage: 1d3+2 // Critical: 20/x2 // 10 foot reach)

Class Abilities & Spells
Hexes:
Evil Eye:
can be used on any one target within 30 feet whom Tonris can see. This ability gives a -2 penalty to one of the following: AC, Ability Checks, Attack Rolls, Saving Throws, or Skill Checks for 7 rounds. Will save DC 16 reduces effect to just 1 round.
Flight: grants a +4 racial bonus on swim checks, allows the use of feather fall at will, and allows Tonris to cast Levitate once per day (0 / 1 per day).
Prehensile Hair: Grants Tonris the ability to manipulate his hair for a total of 4 minutes per day. These minutes need not be consecutive, but they must be spent in 1 minute intervals (0 / 4 minutes per day).

Prepared Spells
First Level (DC – 15): Cure Light Wounds; Burning Hands; Ear Piercing Scream; Ray of Enfeeblement
Second Level (DC – 16): Cure Moderate Wounds; Touch of Idiocy; Enthrall[/sblock]
[sblock=Rex, Mini Stats]
Dinosaur, Compsognathus

Neutral, Tiny Animal

Init: +6; Senses: Lowlight Vision, Scent; Perception +4
AC: 17, Touch 14, Flat-Footed 15 (+2 Dex, +3 Nat, +2 Size)
HP: 13 (1d8+2 treated as if it had 4d8+2)
Saves: Fort +4; Ref +4; Will +4
Speed: 40 ft, Swim 20 ft.
Melee: Bite +3, (1d3-1 + poison)
Space: 2.5 feet // Reach: 0 feet
Ability Scores: STR 8, DEX 15, CON 14, INT 6, WIS 11, CHA 5
Base Attack: +2; CMB +2; CMD 11
Feats: Improved Initiative
Skills: Perception +4, Swim +7, plus all skills that Tonris has ranks in
Poison (Bite - Injury) Save Fort DC 12: Frequency 1/round for 4 rounds; 1d2 STR; Cure = 1 save.
Special Abilities Alertness, Empathic Link, Improved Evasion, Share Spells, Store Spells, Deliver Touch Spells[/sblock]

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Ariel Esimae, Female Aasimar Cleric (NPC)

Ariel is still young and full of fire as she remarks to Pari, "Retirement is not for me, I have still much to do. Her work is never done."

"Just as this man's predicament suggests. What is your name, by the way? You have yet to introduce yourself and your pet. That lizard is your pet is it not?"
She asks the newcomer who is plagued with a troublesome priest.

[sblock=Mini Stats]Initiative: +2
AC: 20 (22 with shield, 18 flat-footed, 12 Touch)
HP: 37 Current: 37
CMB: +5 CMD: 18 Fort: +6 Reflex: +4 Will: +8 (+10 vs. Fear)
+1 for all with Resistance
Resistance: 5 Cold, 5 Acid, 5 Electricity
Conditions if Effect: Point Blank Shot, Precise Shot

Current Weapon in Hand: none
Javelins: 5/5 Remaining

Fire Bolt: 6/6 Remaining Channel Energy: 5/5 remaining (3d6/DC14)
Deflection Aura: 1/1 remaining
Spells Remaining: Orisons: (Light, Resistance, Guidance, Detect Magic)
1st Level 5/5* (Shield of Faith, Doom, Bless, Divine Favor, Burning Hands)
2nd Level 4/4 (Lessor Restoration, Hold Person, Sound Burst, Barkskin)
3rd Level 3/3 (Fireball, Searing Light, Dispel Magic) [/sblock]___________________________________________

Nicki-Aycox_9-29-03_Wescyde-Scan.jpg
Ariel Esimae

DalkonCledwin

First Post
the Lizard hisses at Ariel when she suggests that it is Tonris' pet, to which Tonris says "I wouldn't say he is my pet, no. More like a friend." He looks at Larissa and says "No, unfortunately I wasn't at home at the time of the attack, and for some reason none of the witnesses were able to describe him more in depth other than to say he was a Priest of some sort and that they had never seen his robes on our Island before, which is saying something if I do say so, considering the nature of our Island." He then turns his attention back towards Ariel and says "As for my name, it is Tonris, a pleasure to make the acquaintance of two such fine specimens of beauty as this."

Class Abilities & Spells
Hexes:
Evil Eye:

Prepared Spells
[sblock=Rex, Mini Stats]
Dinosaur, Compsognathus

Neutral, Tiny Animal

Init: +6; Senses: Lowlight Vision, Scent; Perception +4
AC: 17, Touch 14, Flat-Footed 15 (+2 Dex, +3 Nat, +2 Size)
HP: 13 (1d8+2 treated as if it had 4d8+2)
Saves: Fort +4; Ref +4; Will +4
Speed: 40 ft, Swim 20 ft.
Melee: Bite +3, (1d3-1 + poison)
Space: 2.5 feet // Reach: 0 feet
Ability Scores: STR 8, DEX 15, CON 14, INT 6, WIS 11, CHA 5
Base Attack: +2; CMB +2; CMD 11
Feats: Improved Initiative
Skills: Perception +4, Swim +7, plus all skills that Tonris has ranks in
Poison (Bite - Injury) Save Fort DC 12: Frequency 1/round for 4 rounds; 1d2 STR; Cure = 1 save.
Special Abilities Alertness, Empathic Link, Improved Evasion, Share Spells, Store Spells, Deliver Touch Spells[/sblock]

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases