[Tavern Thread] The Dunn Wright Inn

mfloyd3

Explorer
"You have quite a challenge before you," observes Larissa. "I hope you find the justice you seek."

She looks down at the tiny dinosaur. "I do not believe I have seen such a creature before. What is it?"

DalkonCledwin

First Post
"You know, I really don't know what he is. He just sort of appeared one day and started following me around. I tried finding out what he is once and the closest I could come up with is some reference to something called a Dinosaur. Though most references to those creatures refer to things that are much, much larger than Rex here." Tonris says to Larissa.

[sblock=Tonris, Mini Stats]Initiative: +9
Perception: -1 (it is +1 if within arm’s reach of Familiar)
Armor Class: 13 (Flat-Footed: 12 // Touch: 12)
Hit Points: 26 Current // 26 Total
BAB: +2 CMB: +3 CMD: 14
Fort: +3 Ref: +2 Will: +4
Special Resistances: +2 Trait Bonus to Saving Throws against Divination Effects, and a +1 Trait Bonus to Saving Throws against Divine Spells.
Concentration Check: 1d20 +8 (plus an additional 4 if casting defensively)
Caster Level Check: 1d20 +4

Primary Weapon: M.W. Quarterstaff (Attack Bonus: +4 // Damage: 1d6+1 // Critical: 20/x2 // Double Weapon // Masterwork)
Secondary Natural Weapon: Prehensile Hair (Attack Bonus: +1 // Damage: 1d3+2 // Critical: 20/x2 // 10 foot reach)

Class Abilities & Spells
Hexes:
Evil Eye:
can be used on any one target within 30 feet whom Tonris can see. This ability gives a -2 penalty to one of the following: AC, Ability Checks, Attack Rolls, Saving Throws, or Skill Checks for 7 rounds. Will save DC 16 reduces effect to just 1 round.
Flight: grants a +4 racial bonus on swim checks, allows the use of feather fall at will, and allows Tonris to cast Levitate once per day (0 / 1 per day).
Prehensile Hair: Grants Tonris the ability to manipulate his hair for a total of 4 minutes per day. These minutes need not be consecutive, but they must be spent in 1 minute intervals (0 / 4 minutes per day).

Prepared Spells
Cantrips (DC – 14): Guidance; Resistance; Detect Magic; Stabilize
First Level (DC – 15): Cure Light Wounds; Burning Hands; Ear Piercing Scream; Ray of Enfeeblement
Second Level (DC – 16): Cure Moderate Wounds; Touch of Idiocy; Enthrall[/sblock]
[sblock=Rex, Mini Stats]
Dinosaur, Compsognathus

Neutral, Tiny Animal

Init: +6; Senses: Lowlight Vision, Scent; Perception +4
AC: 17, Touch 14, Flat-Footed 15 (+2 Dex, +3 Nat, +2 Size)
HP: 13 (1d8+2 treated as if it had 4d8+2)
Saves: Fort +4; Ref +4; Will +4
Speed: 40 ft, Swim 20 ft.
Melee: Bite +3, (1d3-1 + poison)
Space: 2.5 feet // Reach: 0 feet
Ability Scores: STR 8, DEX 15, CON 14, INT 6, WIS 11, CHA 5
Base Attack: +2; CMB +2; CMD 11
Feats: Improved Initiative
Skills: Perception +4, Swim +7, plus all skills that Tonris has ranks in
Poison (Bite - Injury) Save Fort DC 12: Frequency 1/round for 4 rounds; 1d2 STR; Cure = 1 save.
Special Abilities Alertness, Empathic Link, Improved Evasion, Share Spells, Store Spells, Deliver Touch Spells[/sblock]

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Ariel Esimae, Female Aasimar Cleric (NPC)

Ariel looks curiously at the tiny dinosaur and shrugs, "You are quite the flatterer, Tonris. Your little friend Rex appears to understand what we say, certainly not an ordinary creature. Whatever it is."

"Perhaps you should visit the university and ask around, someone might have the knowledge to tell you."

Looking at the other woman, she asks, "Sister Larissa, what brings you to the City of Glass? I am not so familiar with Kamara. Is... she?.. famous?"

[sblock=Mini Stats]Initiative: +2
AC: 20 (22 with shield, 18 flat-footed, 12 Touch)
HP: 37 Current: 37
CMB: +5 CMD: 18 Fort: +6 Reflex: +4 Will: +8 (+10 vs. Fear)
+1 for all with Resistance
Resistance: 5 Cold, 5 Acid, 5 Electricity
Conditions if Effect: Point Blank Shot, Precise Shot

Current Weapon in Hand: none
Javelins: 5/5 Remaining

Fire Bolt: 6/6 Remaining Channel Energy: 5/5 remaining (3d6/DC14)
Deflection Aura: 1/1 remaining
Spells Remaining: Orisons: (Light, Resistance, Guidance, Detect Magic)
1st Level 5/5* (Shield of Faith, Doom, Bless, Divine Favor, Burning Hands)
2nd Level 4/4 (Lessor Restoration, Hold Person, Sound Burst, Barkskin)
3rd Level 3/3 (Fireball, Searing Light, Dispel Magic) [/sblock]___________________________________________

Nicki-Aycox_9-29-03_Wescyde-Scan.jpg
Ariel Esimae

mfloyd3

Explorer
Larissa smiles. "She is of the Host. The Sword Saints," she clarifies, remembering that the Rornish pantheon is known by different names in different lands. "I am here to share her words with those who choose to listen." Though her friendly smile never waivers, the priestess watches her counterpart carefully. The priestess knows she cannot hide her intent, but simply must accept whatever response this draws from the local clergy.

DalkonCledwin

First Post
"Then you would be a Priestess would you not, Larissa?" Tonris says as his smile fades from his face and his grip on his quarterstaff tightens slightly, a sense of unease settling on him. This conversation had been going so well up until now, why did she have to be a member of the clergy?

Special Resistances: +2 Trait Bonus to Saving Throws against Divination Effects, and a +1 Trait Bonus to Saving Throws against Divine Spells.

Primary Weapon: M.W. Quarterstaff (Attack Bonus: +4 // Damage: 1d6+1 // Critical: 20/x2 // Double Weapon // Masterwork)
Secondary Natural Weapon: Prehensile Hair (Attack Bonus: +1 // Damage: 1d3+2 // Critical: 20/x2 // 10 foot reach)

Class Abilities & Spells
Hexes:
Evil Eye:
can be used on any one target within 30 feet whom Tonris can see. This ability gives a -2 penalty to one of the following: AC, Ability Checks, Attack Rolls, Saving Throws, or Skill Checks for 7 rounds. Will save DC 16 reduces effect to just 1 round.
Flight: grants a +4 racial bonus on swim checks, allows the use of feather fall at will, and allows Tonris to cast Levitate once per day (0 / 1 per day).
Prehensile Hair: Grants Tonris the ability to manipulate his hair for a total of 4 minutes per day. These minutes need not be consecutive, but they must be spent in 1 minute intervals (0 / 4 minutes per day).

Prepared Spells
First Level (DC – 15): Cure Light Wounds; Burning Hands; Ear Piercing Scream; Ray of Enfeeblement
Second Level (DC – 16): Cure Moderate Wounds; Touch of Idiocy; Enthrall[/sblock]
[sblock=Rex, Mini Stats]
Dinosaur, Compsognathus

Neutral, Tiny Animal

Poison (Bite - Injury) Save Fort DC 12: Frequency 1/round for 4 rounds; 1d2 STR; Cure = 1 save.
Special Abilities Alertness, Empathic Link, Improved Evasion, Share Spells, Store Spells, Deliver Touch Spells[/sblock]

mfloyd3

Explorer
"I am," Larissa replies easily. Noting the man's discomfiture, she explains, "Be at peace, friend. I'm here for a glass of wine and to find a job. I'll make no sermons here," she adds with a smile.

DalkonCledwin

First Post
Tonris relaxes a bit and says "I don't so much mind the Sermons. In fact if I really wanted to, I could probably spout a sermon off explaining why the Gods as defined by most Religions of the world can't possibly exist in the way that most of these Religions postulate that they do exist."

Class Abilities & Spells
Hexes:
Evil Eye:

Prepared Spells
[sblock=Rex, Mini Stats]
Dinosaur, Compsognathus

Neutral, Tiny Animal

perrinmiller

Adventurer

Ariel looks at Tonris, not stating the obvious that should have been readily apparent. She has been wearing her clerical tabard, adorned with Helina's symbol.

"While I am about Helina's work, delivering Her justice to those that need it, I am not a preacher of sermons either. Most adventurer's I have met are not too interested in converting."

"But other than looking for converts, are you having other plans, Larissa? Or first job that comes along?"

3rd Level 3/3 (Fireball, Searing Light, Dispel Magic) [/sblock]___________________________________________

Ariel Esimae

mfloyd3

Explorer
"Well, for the moment I simply need to earn some money," replies Larissa. "But like you, I also have a duty to justice and honor, and to protect the people. I am still new in Venza, though, so for now I am not looking to -- How do you Venzans say it? 'Make waves'?"

perrinmiller

Adventurer

Ariel looks at Larissa, a look of innocence on her face, but her eyes are showing mirth in them.

"Upsetting the apple cart?... Tilting the drunk into the canal?... Poking the dragon with a stick?... Slipping a slug into the nun's habit?"

Ariel Esimae

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases