[Tavern Thread] The Dunn Wright Inn

deisenhut

First Post
Yoshiki Akita (Human Monk 5)

"That's good to hear. One less evil priestess off the streets. There seems to be a lot of them in the past year for some reason."

He takes a long drink from his mug before answering and bowing his head slightly. "I am Yoshiki Akita, just a simple man who does what he can to help those in need. Though it has been rather quiet around here, definitely not what I remember. It has been several months since I was last here. I believe I talked with you before."

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Markas (human fighter 4)

Markas sat brooding in the corner sipping an ale that he never ordered.

The service seemed off here from when he lasted remembered, possibly due to the slowness of the inn.

He watches as a few customers come in and a few go off for a while. None have that look about them, the look he really couldn't explain, that look of folk out to do good in the world like him and his friends.

He sits for an hour and rests until he decides he needs to find out what is going on in the world, in Venza and grabs his gear and makes for the only other likely table.

Approaching the table where the four other adventurers sit he bows politely if not a bit formally as he makes his introduction. "Greetings, I wished early not to intruded, as it seems your party is full, I am Markas Shieldheart a traveling... freeman. I was wondering if I might have just a minute of your time?"

[sblock=OOC] Trying to post that Markas joins after about 40-50 mins of Yoshiki's last post. As I didn't wish to interrupt right away and give some additional time for other RP.[/sblock]

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Ariel Esimae, Female Aasimar Cleric (NPC)

OOC: I was kinda waiting on Larissa to reply, but I think it is fine that Markas joins the discussion sooner rather than later.

Ariel arches an eyebrow and looks carefully at the small man with some renewed scrutiny.

"Welcome, Yoshiki. It is possible that we have been briefly introduced in the past, but people come and go frequently in this establishment. This is Larissa sitting quietly beside me."

"Perhaps it is Helina's will that has placed capable heroes to thwart Her Justice's divine enemies' minions."

Seeing the warrior approach, she smiles a greeting and bids him to sit and join them. After introducing those around the table, Ariel answers his question, "By all means, we are discussing vanquished evil priestesses and a captured barghest. Word is that hideous head on a pike just outside the front door is another such nefarious creature."

[sblock=Mini Stats]Initiative: +2
AC: 20 (22 with shield, 18 flat-footed, 12 Touch)
HP: 37 Current: 37
CMB: +5 CMD: 18 Fort: +6 Reflex: +4 Will: +8 (+10 vs. Fear)
+1 for all with Resistance
Resistance: 5 Cold, 5 Acid, 5 Electricity
Conditions if Effect: Point Blank Shot, Precise Shot

Current Weapon in Hand: none
Javelins: 5/5 Remaining

Fire Bolt: 6/6 Remaining Channel Energy: 5/5 remaining (3d6/DC14)
Deflection Aura: 1/1 remaining
Spells Remaining: Orisons: (Light, Resistance, Guidance, Detect Magic)
1st Level 5/5* (Shield of Faith, Doom, Bless, Divine Favor, Burning Hands)
2nd Level 4/4 (Lessor Restoration, Hold Person, Sound Burst, Barkskin)
3rd Level 3/3 (Fireball, Searing Light, Dispel Magic) [/sblock]___________________________________________

Nicki-Aycox_9-29-03_Wescyde-Scan.jpg
Ariel Esimae

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Markas (human fighter 4)

[sblock=OOC] [MENTION=23867]mfloyd3[/MENTION] is around. Maybe they forgot their character is in here. Do to the long quiet.[/sblock]

Gathering his gear and pulling up a chair Markas nods his thanks. "The head? I saw it and wasn't sure what it was. I thought maybe it was a warning from Grog to those who think of starting trouble."

"I have been away from Venza for almost half a year and was wondering if you could supply me with news of what is going on, hereabouts. Is the Red Hand Society still around? Does the Dunn Wright still attract the adventuring sort? I'm sorry this place has changed so much since the last time I was here."

After his outburst the man sits quietly (or as quietly as his armor will allow), waiting for answers.

mfloyd3

Explorer
"Yes, this inn is still known throughout the city as the place adventurers seek work," replies Larissa. "Though I have not heard of this Red Hand Society. Is this yet another gang threatening the city?" She asks.

[sblock=ooc]Sorry for the silence, but Yoshiki's reply seemed directed at Ariel so it seemed odd to have Larissa jump in. In any case, I've been tracking the thread.[/sblock]

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Ariel Esimae, Female Aasimar Cleric (NPC)

Ariel shakes her head about the Red Hand Society, "Not I, either. Should we be on the lookout for them?"

She glances at Pari and Yoshiki to see if they have any knowledge.

[sblock=Mini Stats]Initiative: +2
AC: 20 (22 with shield, 18 flat-footed, 12 Touch)
HP: 37 Current: 37
CMB: +5 CMD: 18 Fort: +6 Reflex: +4 Will: +8 (+10 vs. Fear)
+1 for all with Resistance
Resistance: 5 Cold, 5 Acid, 5 Electricity
Conditions if Effect: Point Blank Shot, Precise Shot

Current Weapon in Hand: none
Javelins: 5/5 Remaining

Fire Bolt: 6/6 Remaining Channel Energy: 5/5 remaining (3d6/DC14)
Deflection Aura: 1/1 remaining
Spells Remaining: Orisons: (Light, Resistance, Guidance, Detect Magic)
1st Level 5/5* (Shield of Faith, Doom, Bless, Divine Favor, Burning Hands)
2nd Level 4/4 (Lessor Restoration, Hold Person, Sound Burst, Barkskin)
3rd Level 3/3 (Fireball, Searing Light, Dispel Magic) [/sblock]___________________________________________

Nicki-Aycox_9-29-03_Wescyde-Scan.jpg
Ariel Esimae

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Markas (human fighter 4)

Markas smiles at the question remembering the day the Red Hand Society was formed.

"Gang? Not at all. Actually quiet the opposite, even if a bit unorthodox. They were all adventurers who wished to band together to fight evil and corruption."
he answers still grinning.

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Markas raises his mug as well. "The Red Hand Society," he says before finishing his drink.

"I was hoping a few of them would be here and have news of anyone needing help. I have... I have not been lucky when it comes to fighting the evils of the world but I won't give up trying." he says as his face turns solemn and his eyes look far away as if remembering something long ago.

Disposable Hero

First Post
Orion Drake (Aasimar Paladin 1)

Orion makes his way through the door of the Dunn Wright Inn and looks around with familiarity. "It's been awhile since I've been here." His silver hair hangs just above his shoulders almost hiding his face. His eyes seem to radiate in a blue light.

"Orion!" The voice is familiar.

"Marla!" He says as he turns slightly to face her more directly. "It's good to see you."

"It has." She finishes serving the drinks she has currently in hand. "What have you been doing since you left the Whitecloaks?"

He pauses for a few moments before answering. "I've spent most, well all actually, of my time training at one of Cortesia's temples near the city." He looks around to find a vacant seat and soon after finding one he motions to Marla to join him. "I have decided to add her in cleansing Venza and it's neighbors. Thats why I have come here because I remember this inn being a location where adventurer's could find work." He looks around quickly. "Speaking of which...do you know of anyone in need of some help?"

Marla looks at him for a few moments. "Not at the moment. Sorry. I have to get back to work but I'll see you around if your back in the city." She places her hand on his shoulder before she stands and walks away

[sblock=Mini Stats]Initiative: +6, Senses: Perception +8, Darkvision 60 ft.
Current Effects: None
AC: 16 (Flat-Footed 15, Touch 11
HP: 13/13
Move: 20'/30'
CMB: +4, CMD: 15
Fort: +4, Reflex: +1, Will: +4
Resistance: +5 Acid, Cold, and Electricity.
Weapon in Hand: None

Smite Evil: 1/1 day
Daylight: 1/1 day[/sblock]

Last edited:

Remove ads