[Tavern Thread] The Dunn Wright Inn

Disposable Hero

First Post
Orion Drake (Aasimar Paladin 1)

[sblock=OOC]
"But you said you were a Whitecloak once. Surely that organization is a fine way to combat evil. Why ever did you leave?"

Orion watchs the two gnomes for just a moment as Ioseph did. "They are indeed a group dedicated to combat evil but mainly inside these walls. I have been given an oppotunity to test both my conviction to Cortesia and to myself." He pauses for a long moment. "That and our...views are different when it comes to what scu...criminals deserve."

[sblock=Mini Stats]Initiative: +6, Senses: Perception +8, Darkvision 60 ft.
Current Effects: None
AC: 16 (Flat-Footed 15, Touch 11
HP: 13/13
Move: 20'/30'
CMB: +4, CMD: 15
Fort: +4, Reflex: +1, Will: +4
Resistance: +5 Acid, Cold, and Electricity.
Weapon in Hand: None

Smite Evil: 1/1 day
Daylight: 1/1 day[/sblock]

Last edited:

CoreyL

First Post
Larson Starwater Gnome Paladin 1

Larson studied Orion for a moment. There was an otherworldly nature to him, not unlike the elves who had taught him the ways of war. There was a fire to this man's eyes that contained a zeal that was familiar to Larson himself.

The Whitecloaks are a peacekeeping force in this place, is that correct good sir? If that be the case, please allow me the purchase of your next libation, for I have a love for all men who uphold law and order.

Disposable Hero

First Post

Orion nods to the gnome in acknowledgement. "That they are."

He holds his flagon in the direction of the bar and calls Marla. "I was having some ale but would be more than willing to drink whatever it is you wish and if we are to drink together we should at least know one another's name. I am Orion Drake servant to Lady Cortesia." He offers a slight bow as he declares his name.

"And I do apologize for not acknowledging a moment sooner. I assure I wasn't ignoring you. I was simply in thought as I spoke with Iospeh here." He makes a gesture in the direction of Ioseph.

Last edited:

sunshadow21

Explorer
"If you are looking to try something different, I know of a number of drinks that commonly get overlooked by the average consumer." Elliman than proceeds to rattle off half a dozen drinks of various kinds, some of which sound interesting, others of which are clearly more for the specialized drinker.

CoreyL

First Post

Larson gave an earnest laugh. Nay sir, nay. Neither my purse, nor, I am afraid to admit, my stomach are large enough to accommodate such a large selection. He finished off the tankard that he'd origionaly purchased, and though he was a stout enough fellow back home, the dark and pungent local beer had left him light headed.

Good Orion, our companion here seems to have a formidable knowledge of the spirit world, perchance we should let him be our medium. Mr Elliman would you be so kind as to name the drink you think would best suit our fair lawman.

sunshadow21

Explorer
Elliman ponders for a bit, "Please, no Mr. in front of Elliman; if formalities are required it's Mr. Taletreader, but really, there is no need for such things here. Elliman by itself is just fine. As for the drink, I would suggest [insert drink information here]. It's got just a bit of kick to keep it exciting, but goes down smooth with little after effect."

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Ioseph (human cleric 2)

Listening carefully Ioseph's face takes on a forlorn look. "I already have a drink and one is more than enough for me. But next time I will try this Blue-Tailed Serpent of yours." He takes a sip from the mug Orion bought him and then continues.

"Besides my skills may be need if these drinks don't mix well."
he adds with a small grin.

Disposable Hero

First Post

With a sigh Orion looks to both Ioseph and Larson. "He is right but I haven't had a good drink in a long time."

He looks to Ioseph with a smirk on his face. "Truly it would take more than some ale and one exotic drink to inhibit a follower of Helerion." He motions towards the bar. "But if you do not wish to partake...I will not press you."

Last edited:

CoreyL

First Post

Larson took pleasure in the interplay of words and good humor. I can see that I am flanked by men of faith, He looked from one man to the other, And yet I am shamed to say that my knowledge of those bright and shining deities who are not of my homeland is extremely limited. At this, a cloud of sorrow seemed to pass over his normally jovial countenance.

My youth was spent in conflict and great personal loss. While I have overcome much, I have much yet to learn about the wide world.

sunshadow21

Explorer
"I would not worry yourself too much on that account, good lad. It is mostly much of the same conflict and loss that you have already apparently seen. There are bright spots, to be sure, but the hunt for them is not for just anyone, and I can honestly say that your dealings with conflict and personal loss are only just started if that is what you seek. Still, for those with a stout heart, it can be quite rewarding." Elliman's gaze seems to drift into the past as he speaks, remembering his many adventures and misadventures that he had gone through in his many years of travel and adventure.

Remove ads