[Tavern Thread] The Dunn Wright Inn

dammitbiscuit

First Post
Bipper Hammergleam, half-orc bard 1 (under construction)

An exhausted, beweaponed half-orc trudges into the tavern. He leans close and mutters, Biggest glass of the cheapest you've got, please. And then maybe a tip on where to inquire about employment, to the bartender, and sits down heavily. After a deep breath and a moment spent collecting his thoughts, he looks up and begins to take in the room, its occupants, and their conversations.

The axes and spears go well with his savage, brutish face, but perceptive folk can spot a ukelele and a fife in amongst the other gear.

sunshadow21

Explorer
Elliman scoffs at the order, "No, no, no; there is no need to settle for cheap ale. It only ruins the traveling experience and unsettles the stomach. Here is a few silvers, Grog. Get him something proper; it need not be complex, but please no cheap ale. I will not bear the sight of such a thing in my presence. Now, my good sir, as you appear to be in a similar trade, let me teach the the first thing about travel and alcohol; never, never, never settle for cheap ale unless you absolutely must. You don't have to have the best, but cheap ale is one of the quickest ways to a light head and poor performances. Much better to drink one moderately decent drink over the course of an evening than multiple poor ones." The older gnome scowls at the mere mention of such a drink, clearly passionate about his drinks.

Last edited:

CoreyL

First Post
Larson Starwater Gnome Paladin 1

Larson nodded in agreement with the sage words of Elliman. Indeed good sir, there is much suffering and heartache in this world. I am sure that this is part of the reason that I was called into the service of Ral. My personal connection to suffering will grant me strength in my quest to alleviate others.

In fact... Larson cut off as the interplay between the oddly equipped half-orc and the elder gnome took place.

Hail there good sir. You are a fortunate man, for you have stumbled upon a spirit medium of the highest order of talent. In our short palaver, he has increased my tutelage of the spirit-world by at least ten fold. Come and share with us and be merry. It seemed that Larson's good spirits had returned in earnest.

dammitbiscuit

First Post
The half-orc chuckles. Normally I leave the drinking of fine things to the people who will appreciate it. Ale is just something that keeps my hands busy while my thoughts are elsewhere. Since it's a gift, though, I'll endeavor to savor it.

He picks up the glass as it arrives, nods at the bartender, and turns to face the chatty gnomes. I'm Bipper. (in Gnomish) Pleasure to stumble into a priest of my second-favorite patron!

When they reply, Bipper thoughtfully sips, not guzzles, the dark, rich beverage.
OOC: I am amused that I wrote a gnome-centric backstory and then the first two PCs I meet are gnomes.
Is there a summary of the scene, or of how many people are in the tavern currently?

sunshadow21

Explorer
OOC: two gnomes, 1 aasimar, and 1 human; Elliman is a bard, everyone else is either a cleric or a paladin I believe; also a tielfling in the corner trying to ignore the group at the bar while he eats a light meal (not being rped at the moment; he's here to fill slots in adventures as needed)

"There is nothing wrong with ale in and of itself; it's cheap ale that causes the problems. Ale like what you have is what you should shoot for if that is your preference. It's solid, comparatively easy on the wallet, and easy on the stomach, allowing one to still perform without being hampered. I am Elliman Taletreader, traveler, storyteller, and occasional adventurer. If it is work you seek, you have come to the right place; this place is well known to draw those looking to reinforce their wallets a bit."

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Ioseph (human cleric 2)

Orion said:
He motions towards the bar. "But if you do not wish to partake...I will not press you."

Ioseph nods in thanks as he stands up and heads to the bar. He leans his warhammer against it and stands there listening to the two gnomes discuss tragedy and the rewards of perseverance.

"I say that Elliman is right, we..." he starts to say but pauses as the well armed half-orc steps up to talk to Grog.

Five
he mouths counting the spears on the half-orcs back. He looks to Orion to make sure he noticed them too, and listens as Elliman reprimands him on the proper way to become liberated.

Ioseph's eyes widen at the half-orcs chuckle then again as his name. {{ Bipper?! Not a normal half-orc name. }} He starts to relax a little when the half-orc speaks to the gnomes in gnomish, even though he doesn't know what was said.

Elliman said:
. If it is work you seek, you have come to the right place; this place is well known to draw those looking to reinforce their wallets a bit."

"And to do some good in this world," the cleric states earnestly.

[sblock=Occupants]
Human cleirc
Aasamir paladin
Gnome paladin
Tiefling shadow wizard (hiding in the shadows)
Gnome ?? NPC??[/sblock]

Last edited:

sunshadow21

Explorer
[sblock=ooc]Elliman is a gnome bard/mindchemist that will eventually replace Ausk as soon as Ausk is done with his current adventure, so for now he's here simply to rp with.[/sblock]

dammitbiscuit

First Post

"And to do some good in this world," the cleric states earnestly.

"Both at once, eh? That suits me just fine. From whom do we receive these profitable yet somehow also philanthropic assignments?"

Bipper always got a kick out of using big words among people who'd never met a smart half-orc, but he also was practiced at hiding his smile with a drink... and this drink was pretty good! He drank deeply, noting with pleasure the stares and raised eyebrows of staff, patrons within earshot, and clerics.

Remove ads