[Tavern Thread] The Dunn Wright Inn

Korsakovia

First Post
Zhen Yu, Human Oracle (1)

Anna's blood caught more than the attention of the inn's occupants. The sight of the crimsons droplets staining the ground had also caught another traveler's eye. Zhen Yu had paused briefly as the woman staggered into the inn. Approaching the tavern with the intent to offer assistance, if needed, she stopped shortly when Larson blocked the entrance with his axe.

Pausing momentarily to consider her options, she slowly approached the gnome with her arms loose at her sides. She stopped well over an axe length away and raised a hand slightly, her palm facing up in a passive gesture.

"If the injured one inside is in good care I will be on my way. Though, would you mind directing me to a temple of Amenthia? If one isn't established here, a market would suffice."

Disposable Hero

First Post
Orion Drake (Aasimar Paladin 1)

Orion makes his way quickly to Anna's side after he places a bowl of hot water and rag on a nearby table. "The lady requires your seat."

"Not my problem." The patron currently sitting at the table says with a shrug.

He looks at the man in disgust as he grabs the man by the back of his shirt and lifts him out of his chair. "If your still here by the time I help the lady to this table I will be your problem."

He turns and offers his hand to Anna. "I have a bowl of hot water and a clean rag to clean the blood away." He lifts her gently off the floor of the inn and sits her in the chair. "Sorry if I insist removing you from the inn floor."

"A short drop with a sudden stop for the men and their handler." Orion says as he hears Anna's proposal to Ioseph.

[sblock=Mini Stats]Initiative: +6, Senses: Perception +8, Darkvision 60 ft.
Current Effects: None
AC: 16 (Flat-Footed 15, Touch 11
HP: 13/13
Move: 20'/30'
CMB: +4, CMD: 15
Fort: +4, Reflex: +1, Will: +4
Resistance: +5 Acid, Cold, and Electricity.
Weapon in Hand: None

Smite Evil: 1/1 day
Daylight: 1/1 day[/sblock]

CoreyL

First Post
Larson was rather glad that the helm hid the flush of embarrasment that he felt when confronted by the young woman outside the inn. He returned the ax to the hook on his back and bowed to her as he lifted his visor.

Apologies m'lady, my blood was stirred at the sight of one so grievously injured and I had rushed to her aide ere I considered all the likely consequences. It was a particular problem of his that had long caused him much trouble.

As to her state at this moment, we will have to check. There are virtuous men within who should have the situation under control. He beckoned for the young woman to follow him into the inn, and caught the explanation from Anna. He was no stranger to violence, but the amount of blood on the floor was a gruesome sight none the less.

My lady, he bowed to Anna as well, Truly if you got the better end of that particular fight, I can only imagine the state that your foes must currently be in.

He thinks for a moment, What are the contents of the missive that you spoke of earlier. If it be straightforward, perhaps the white cloaks will be your best resource to swift justice.

Last edited:

Disposable Hero

First Post

"The men that grab you are dead?" Orion asks Anna. "If one is alive that could be of use as well since he would seek healing most likely."

"I trust that there are no pursuers outside?" He asks looking to Larson.

[sblock=OOC]@toasterferret Currently, if I'm not mistaken, we're waiting for Rhydius to start recruiting for his adventure, which he is moving into a newly purchased home atm, but I would be willing to take on the task of finding Anna's kidnappers afterwards. Also you have some hitting the inn shortly. So to stop rambling I'll simply say I would be more than happy to cut down Anna's kidnapper's and you could make it a chain or one long adventure to get the boss man. End rambling...[/sblock]

[sblock=Mini Stats]Initiative: +6, Senses: Perception +8, Darkvision 60 ft.
Current Effects: None
AC: 16 (Flat-Footed 15, Touch 11
HP: 13/13
Move: 20'/30'
CMB: +4, CMD: 15
Fort: +4, Reflex: +1, Will: +4
Resistance: +5 Acid, Cold, and Electricity.
Weapon in Hand: None

Smite Evil: 1/1 day
Daylight: 1/1 day[/sblock]

Last edited:

CoreyL

First Post
Larson Starwater Gnome Paladin 1

Nay sir, no one save this young lady here who has shown naught but concern. Larson gestures to the new comer. Though she was asking for the location of a temple, alas as a new arrival to this fair city myself I am unable to offer assistance in that matter.

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Anna said:
She looks again at Ioseph "I am in your debt friend. My name is Anna Belacqua, if there is anything within my power to grant you please but ask and it will be yours."

"A short drop with a sudden stop for the men and their handler." Orion says as he hears Anna's proposal to Ioseph.

With a small almost hidden grin at Orion's retort Ioseph bows his head after helping the woman to a chair. "I am Ioesph Vors, acolyte of Helerion and it is my duty, as well as privilege, to serve those in need. I am your servant my lady and as such you can never owe me any debt."

He then turns to see the badger knight and the new young face of Zhen Yu. After a moment of staring his face turns red and he lowers his eyes. "My lady, Ioseph Vors at your service as well."

[sblock=OOC] Withthe classes present we would have a very divine group and a bard.

Larson Starwater Gnome Paladin 1
Zhen Yu, Human Oracle (1)
Ioseph (human cleric 2)
Bipper Hammergleam, half-orc bard 1 (under construction)

I say we take these characters on the first adventure to present itself there are games about to wrap up and I have a third character that can go on Rhydius's adventure.
So I don't think we will be lacking should the current RPers leave the DWI.
[/sblock]

dammitbiscuit

First Post
Bipper Hammergleam, half-orc bard 1

[sblock=OOC]I narrowly decided on Bard instead of Wizard. Very narrowly.

I knew I wanted a intelligent, skilly fellow with buff spells. So if the party needs a wizard I can leave Bipper in town and roll up my other, wizard PC idea.

Either way, I'm more than up for whichever adventure is for the 1st levels![/sblock]Bipper hopped down from the stool - a somewhat spry motion that bore a heavy thunk sound at the end due to his bulk. He put on his most serious face and cleared his throat as he approached the tableau.

"Larson and company have brightened my mood considerably this evening. It's only fair for me to return the favor and attend to the team's morale on this expedition." Bipper glanced at the assembled persons once more, just to verify the racial palette, then grinned. "Name's Bipper. And since there are no dwarves here to say it, Miss: 'You have my axe!' "

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
[sblock=OOC] With your inspire courage ability, spell selection, and big axe I think Bipper makes an excellent wizard alternative. Besides wizards don't get to use all know skills untrained either.

Which reminds me I saw the (under construction) and went to see what I could do to help get your character ready for approval.

I can't do equipment that is all you but I have added a few things. I will post in the LPF character thread soon to let you know things I noticed.[/sblock]

Last edited:

dammitbiscuit

First Post
[sblock=OOC]Thanks, I'll take a look. Character creation is always such a chore - like Monte Cook pointed out, you make a couple of meaningful decisions up front (class, race, personality) then you're left with the massive chore of making a bunch of fiddly, tiny decisions that don't matter a ton, but DO matter.

And many of those decisions... I'm not really sure! I'd rather start playing and make those decisions on the fly as I see how the character works and what he needs to do his job. Like I always wish for 3.5/PF that you could start out with NO feat whatsoever, but choose it for keeps at some point during your first or second play session.[/sblock]

DalkonCledwin

First Post
[sblock=OOC] With your inspire courage ability, spell selection, and big axe I think Bipper makes an excellent wizard alternative. Besides wizards don't get to use all know skills untrained either.[/sblock]

[sblock=OOC]Unless they are Elven, Gnomish, or Dwarven Wizards who happen to be over 100 years old who have also taken the Breadth of Experience Feat XD[/sblock]

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases