[Tavern Thread] The Dunn Wright Inn

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Ioseph (human cleric 2)

Anna talks to Grog about getting a more private room to talk. The half-orc grunts and throws a finger over his shoulder to indicate she should just go back.

Ioseph take her lead and follows to see what this is all about, away from prying eyes and ears.

vmaaxt

First Post
Aedger Beinn (Lvl 1)

A brown haired, golden eyed man in a grey cloak, embroidered with light grey and red, mirroring the skeletal and circulatory systems of a human, enters and moves toward the barkeep.

"I would like six ales, please, and a room for the night."

The barkeep raises a brow in curiosity at this man who is clearly not a dwarf, but plans on drinking like one.

"I am expecting a friend. He should be here soon."

The other brow raises.

"If the room had two beds, that would be much appreciated. Thank you."

He takes a corner table where he can see the door, and opens a small book, begins sipping an ale and lazily leafing through the pages, not particularly paying attention to the book. After a few minutes, another figure enters, dressed in the same robe, but with blue instead of red, but with the hood up, concealing the face and head. The brown haired man waves his companion over, "Blue, over here," and pushes out a chair opposite him with his foot. Blue sits with his back towards the room, and hunches over an ale, gripping it with his gloved hands. The brown haired man returns to his book, and looks at the door any time someone enters or leaves, as if he is watching for someone he knows, or who knows him.

Chronikoce

First Post
A large dark haired man strides purposefully into the tavern. His cloak is worn from travel and the massive hammer across his back has clearly seen use.

He begins to walk up to the barkeep but then notices a table with two gentlemen sitting at it with far too many beers for them alone.

With a quick change of direction he walks over, pulls up a chain, and sits down.

"Either you two are looking to share or perhaps to drown your sorrows, either way it looks like you could use a friend" he says as he begins reaching across the table towards one of the ales

vmaaxt

First Post
Aedger Beinn (Lvl 1)

"Hello, friend," The brown haired man smiles, "I'm Aedger,"

Blue shifts in his seat, uneased, and lowers his head even further towards the table. The cloak's hood now surrounds much of the tankard as well.

"and my quiet friend here is called Blue."

Aedger finishes his Ale, and lifts another, motioning with his still open book for his new tablemate to take one of the remaining ones.

"You look familiar. Have we met before?"

Chronikoce

First Post
Vax (Lvl 1)

The newcomer gladly grabs an ale and downs half of it before he replies.

"Vax is the name, nothing more just yet. Planning on making more of a name for myself with my friend Crusher here" As removes the massive hammer from his back and leans it against the table.

"Perhaps you've seen me in passing. I lived with a group of nomads for a good many years and we occasionally traveled near enough to cities and other such settlements to restock on supplies that we couldn't acquire through other means." He downs the rest of the Ale in his tankard and sighs.

"That hits the spot. What brings you to the city?" He reaches for another ale.

vmaaxt

First Post
Aedger Beinn (Lvl 1)

The table squeaks as it leans under the weight of the mighty hammer.

"Looking for ways to ways to help people. Looking for people that will take our help. That last bit is a little harder."

The table is at a noticeable angle now, and the last full ale is starting to spill. While still hunched over his own, Blue grabs the ale, and holds it an inch above the table, perfectly still. The ale inside doesn't even wobble a bit.

"Say, did you ever skirmish with the 17th cavalry out north? Led by a half orc. Big guy named Grunch. Rides a..."

As the table shatters, Blue lifts the ale out of the flying debris, as well as his own. He sits up, with his head down, now with both ales in extended arms, held straight out, unwavering.

"Rides a Rhinoceros. You know, there are probably better places for you to have put that."

Remove ads