[Tavern Thread] The Dunn Wright Inn

possum

First Post
A brown-haired dwarf enters the inn a few minutes later, an interesting looking cloak on his shoulder. "I'm gone for five minutes," he says, looking at Reinne, Galandra, Menik, Ru and Lem, "and already you're making new friends!" The dwarf chuckled as he heads over to his compatriots of Boar's Ridge. "Sorry I'm late, there was apparently a large line at the temple for healing. Or maybe it's one of your human holy days..." he shrugs before accepting his plate of food and drink.

"Name's Dolgrin, by the way," he says with a nod to the others in the tavern that he doesn't recognize.

Chronikoce

First Post
Vax (Lvl 1)

Vax looks up as the new comer addresses those around the tavern. "Hello there, Vax is the name. Don't go mixing all humans together with that holy day nonsense, we don't all buy into that hocuspocus. I prefer to rely on my hammer here than desperate pleas to some unknown power."

He shakes his head as if he simply cannot understand why anyone would devote their lives to such nonsense. Brightening up suddenly Vax adds "There is something to be said for the healing though. Don't care where that comes from as long as it leaves me in a fit state for some more crushing!"

hemera

Explorer
Reianne Estril, Human Bard

Smiling broadly as Dolgrin approaches, Reianne says "I still owe you a drink over that whole getting blinded thing. Happy to know it wasn't permanent."

Turning to Vax, "Holy days are always bad for my family's theater business, but priests did heal my friend here's vision" she motions to Dolgrin, "so I guess it's not so bad. Still, my mind tends to wander when they start preaching..."

possum

First Post
"Nay, it's I who owe you all a drink," Dolgrin says. "Here I was, face to face with the evil necromancer, when everything goes black. All I hear for the next few seconds is battle and then 'will you sit on him?' Who knows what could have happened to me in there."

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
Lem the Cook, Halfling Monk 2

Lem grins at Dolgrin and says, "I'm glad you're alright, but your decision to take a nap ended up leaving some action to me. I was able to put the knock out punch on ol' Grimspiller. Before then, I felt somewhat useless just watching the rear and the squishy spellslingers."

kinem

Adventurer
"Hi there" Menik greets the newcomers.

"Dolgrin, we all played our part, but you took one for the team. I guess we all owe each other drinks! Good to see you, but better to be seen by you, if you see what I mean.

That blindness spell was quite interesting, by the way. I think I almost understand how it works. If I'm right, the caster can dismiss the effect. Could be a useful spell for interrogations as well as combat.

Lem, your bravery and skills are appreciated, but we spellslingers certainly helped take ol' Grimface down as well. I may not have as much combat training as you do, but with my sword I can hold my own against the average man, believe me. In short, let us not mar the occasion with careless insults."

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
Lem the Cook

"No insult meant, Menik. It was meant in jest, for if I remember right it was a certain spellcaster of our group that was able to summon and encase himself in spirits and became like the Gray Reaver himself. And as for my fists, I only got to use them for a mere few seconds of our entire trip. Other than that, I just handled the recipes. I'm just glad you needed a chef for your trip. A toast to you all."

soulnova

Explorer
"I don't get what the fuss if all about. We killed them just fine. Like my father says, there is more then one way to skin a cat. And in the end, what mattered is that we saved the cat" Galandra raised her drink and smiled.

dammitbiscuit

First Post
Freaked-Out Stranger (NPC)

Those in the tavern who aren't currently speaking faintly hear a cross between a yell, a shriek, and a yelp from up stairs. After a brief moment of quiet, the noise is followed by a cry of "Gosh dang it!"

Everyone then hears a loud slam, repeated eight times. His vengeance upon the door complete, Kave D'merro settles down for some quiet brooding, and possibly a nap.

Last edited:

vmaaxt

First Post
Aedger Beinn (Lvl 1)

From the next table over, Aedger turns to the group of friend-adventurers, "Did you say evil necromancer? I couldn't help overhearing; I'm usually not so prying, but certain words catch my ears more than others, and 'Evil Necromancer' is chief among them."

Excitedly he continues, "If it's not trouble, may I ask how you came into contact with this vile creature? What were his abilities? Do you know who he worshipped? His army, how large was it? As I said, I'm not usually one to pry, but this topic sits very near my heart. My name is Aedger, by the by."

Turning his attention to Vax, "It sounds as if Mr. Nervous upstairs might need some assistance. Should we go see if we can help at all?"

[SBLOCK='MiniStats']
Aedger Beinn, Aasimar Cleric (Undead Lord) 1
Init:
+2 AC: 15, t:12, ff:13
HP: 08 Perception: +9
CMB: +0 CMD: 12 Speed: 30ft.
Fort: +2 Ref: +2 Will: +5
Resist 5: Cold, Acid, Electric
Senses: Darkvision 60ft

Current Effects: None

In Hand: Nothing

Special Powers
Channel Negative Energy 1d6, 6/day, Will DC 14 Used: 0
Death's Kiss: 1 round duration, 6/day Used: 0
Command Undead

[Sblock='Spells Prepared:']Orisons:
Light
Guidance
Detect Magic
Level 1: (DC 14)
Cause Fear (domain)
Bless
Cure Light Wounds
Spell Like Abilities
Daylight (1/day)
[/Sblock]

Attacks:
Crossbow, Light: +2 Attack, 1d8+0, 19/x2, 80' Bolts: 30
Morningstar: +0 Attack, 1d8+0, 20/x2

[sblock='skills']Skills Total Rank CS Ability ACP Misc
Acrobatics 01 0 0 2 -1 +0
Appraise 01 0 0 1 +0
Bluff 03 0 0 3 +0
Climb -01 0 0 0 -1 +0
Craft ( ) 01 0 0 1 +0
Diplomacy 10 1 3 3 +3*
Disable Device 0 0 2 -1 +0
Disguise 03 0 0 3 +0
Escape Artist 01 0 0 2 -1 +0
Fly 01 0 0 2 -1 +0
Handle Animal 0 0 3 +0
Heal 03 0 0 3 +0
Intimidate 03 0 0 3 +0
Knowledge (Arcana) 0 0 1 +0
Knowledge (Dngnrng) 0 0 1 +0
Knowledge (Engnrng) 0 0 1 +0
Knowledge (Geography) 0 0 1 +0
Knowledge (History) 0 0 1 +0
Knowledge (Local) 0 0 1 +0
Knowledge (Nature) 0 0 1 +0
Knowledge (Nobility) 0 0 1 +0
Knowledge (Planes) 0 0 1 +0
Knowledge (Religion) 05 1 3 1 +0
Linguistics 0 0 3 +0
Perception 09 1 3 3 +2 (Racial)
Perform ( ) 03 0 0 3 +0
Profession ( ) 0 0 3 +0
Ride 01 0 0 2 -1 +0
Sense Motive 07 1 3 3 +0
Sleight of Hand 0 0 2 -1 +0
Spellcraft 0 0 1 +0
Stealth 01 0 0 2 -1 +0
Survival 03 0 0 3 +0
Swim -01 0 0 0 -1 +0
Use Magic Device 0 0 3 +0

* +1,Ease Of Faith, +2 Race
[/sblock]

Carrying:
Holstered:
Crossbow, Light & Bolts
Morningstar
[Sblock='Pockets']Earplugs (4x)
Chalk (3x)
Ink (1 oz. vial)
Inkpen (2x)
Paper, rice (5 sheets)
[/Sblock]
----
Blue, Skeletal Companion (Medium Undead)
Init:
+6 AC: 17, t:12, ff:15
HP: 08 Perception: +0
CMB: +2 CMD: 14 Speed: 30ft.
Fort: +0 Ref: +2 Will: +2
Immune: Cold Undead Traits
DR: 5/bludgeoning
Senses: Darkvision 60ft

Current Effects: None

In Hand: Nothing

Attacks:
Scimitar +2 (1d6+2,18-20/x2), claw –3 (1d4+1)
or 2 claws +2 (1d4+2)
or Dagger +2 (1d4+2), Range 10'
or Javelin +2 (1d6+2/×2), Range 30' Remaining: 3

Carrying:
Holstered:
Scimitar
Dagger
Javelins
[sblock='Backpack']Rope, Hemp (50ft)(x2)
Plank, Collapsable
Wandermeal (4 servings)
Chalk (6x)
[/Sblock]
180px-Aedger_Beinn.jpg
180px-1342541056597_c6a62.png

[/SBLOCK]

Last edited:

Remove ads