[Tavern Thread] The Dunn Wright Inn

hemera

Explorer
Reianne looks over to the pale man at the next table, "Pleasure to meet you Aedger, and we certainly did, his name was Grimspiller a rather foul bugbear."

She taps her finger against her chin in thought, "Not too certain on his personal life as we didn't ask him, but he did manage to cast something to blind Dolgrin here and put another friend of ours to sleep. He had some skeletons about, and some goblins working for him. Does that help you?"

She stops to turn back to her wine, dwindling rapidly a fact of which Reianne is quite displeased with. "Marla, more wine please!"

vmaaxt

First Post
Aedger Beinn (Aasimar Cleric)

"A Bugbear necromancer? Curious. Do you know if his power was divine or arcane? And your friend is quite alright now? Nothing I need to do to help? The goblins I would expect, but the skeletons, were they human or goblin skeletons? Could you tell?" Aedger's fingers come together, and a light sparks in his eyes. Clearly this is something that excites him. "Blindness. Tell me Mr. Dolgrin, when this, ah, Grimspeller, was it? When he cast his spell on you did he wave his hands around a lot, or was it a little more muttery? Did it tingle, or was it more of a thud feeling? And his undead, were they well armed, or did they seem to be an afterthought? What is the fate of this Grimspeller?"

possum

First Post
"I really don't know, I wasn't paying much attention to him. I can't quite remember if I even actually saw Grimspiller. I was mainly focused on the skeletons in front of me. I remember that several of his skeletons had spears and used them to great effect in a form of phalanx combat, only modified to use spears instead of axes. The spearwielders were on the front lines, guarding their short-weaponed comrades.

As for the blindness, I just heard a word and then my vision went blurry for a second and then it was gone."

kinem

Adventurer
"Hello, Aedger. I am Menik. From your questions and your cloak, I am guessing that you are an aspiring necromancer yourself. My advice to you is, stay on the right side of the law - or you will end up like Grimspiller. Dead."

ooc: grey cloak, embroidered with light grey and red, mirroring the skeletal and circulatory systems of a human

"He was a wizard, and knew many spells that could inflict harm. He could command the skeletons, but did not yet know how to animate them. That much I know for sure, for his spellbook passed through my hands. From it I took the blindness spell, though I do not yet fully understand it."

vmaaxt

First Post
Aedger Beinn (Aasimar Cleric)

Quickly looking around to see if anybody else has heard, "Aspiring necromancer? If I were one, I would be a fool to cross the law. No, I seek the betterment of society. I do find though, that there are quite a few ways to go about making a society better. Just as there are a few ways to seek glory, aren't there Mr. Vax? If I may ask, though, what was Grimspeller doing that was actually illegal? How did you come to find and kill him? Interesting that he could command but not create the undead. It does raise a few questions, though. Namely, where did he find skeletons to control, or were they given to him? And what did you do with his body?"

soulnova

Explorer
" If I may ask, though, what was Grimspeller doing that was actually illegal? How did you come to find and kill him?

"He...uhm... he was going to kill a cat in a ritual" Galandra explains adding, "...a very important cat". She stares at him thinking that maybe that wasn't the best way to put it.

Namely, where did he find skeletons to control, or were they given to him? And what did you do with his body?"

"We burned the remains of him and all his subjects"

hemera

Explorer
"He...uhm... he was going to kill a cat in a ritual" Galandra explains adding, "...a very important cat". She stares at him thinking that maybe that wasn't the best way to put it.
Reianne chuckles at that part, "You know, out of context it does make us sound a little bad. But hey, it does make for a good story!"

Rhydius

First Post
Rhydius:Lvl 2 Ranger

The door to the common room swings open slowly, and a dark haired young man enters. He takes a look around, and smiles as he notices Cavernous Hode. He quickly frown and looks up, cringing as if expecting something to fall on his head. When nothing does he shrugs, and begins walking toward the bald dwarf, glancing upward every few steps.

He makes it most of the way through the room when he trips over some detritus on the floor. Re-adjusting his balance, and stepping forward awkwardly, he manages not to fall, but instead rams his shoulder directly into the back of the newest employee of the Dunn Wright Inn, causing the poor fellow to spill the drinks he had been carrying, including Reianne's wine and Vax's most recent ale.

The young man looks at the table the drinks were apparently intended for, "Terribly sorry," he says as he helps steady the tavern-worker, "I'll pay for that... um, what exactly was it?"

GlassEye

Adventurer
The assistant bartender stares at the mess on the floor and lets out his breath in a long exhalation. His shoulders slump and he turns to face Rhydius.

"This is just not my day. I'll be lucky if I still have a job at the end of it.

Uhm, wine. Malukian Estates? Good for you it wasn't the Semerly. And an ale."

--Assistant Bartender--

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
[sblock=OOC]
Been super busy but IC for Cave of UnDeath starts tonight (after work :( - yuck)

Group I wish to take is:

Vax - human barbarian lvl1
Aedger & Blue - human cleric lvl1
Cavernous Hode - dwarf drud lvl2
Damaris Beiryn - human bard lvl1

Please give me a yeah or nay so I can recruit for your spot if you wish to give it up.[/sblock]

Remove ads