[Tavern Thread] The Dunn Wright Inn

vmaaxt

First Post
Aedger Beinn (Aasimar Cleric)

"An important cat? I've seen a lot of things in my day, but a necromancer who gets taken down over a cat? Just how impor-, you know, never mind, it's probably just going to confuse me. These things always do.

Returning to the bar, Aedger orders another ale, "One more please, and I'd like to settle the tab? Thank you. You've done a wonderful job today. Next time I see Ms. Marla, I'll be sure to let her know. Speaking of, hello, Mr. Hode. How are your romantic pursuits going?" Turning to the newcomer Aedger says, "Oh, I'm sorry about that. I thought my friends had cleaned all that up. they must have missed it. Let me just pick up the last few bits. I'm Aedger, by the way." Aedger bends down and cleans up the last bits of the destroyed table that had flown across the room, and looks for a place to put them, before decidng to just throw them in the fire.

[sblock='ooc']Yes, I am in! Cave of UnDeath? Sounds like just my kind of party. Just a note, Aedger is an Aasimar, not human in case that changes anything."[/sblock]

Systole

First Post
"To be honest, Cavernous Hode is not entirely sure how to proceed. Insofar as Cavernous Hode has read on the subject, before a romance progresses to swooning and declarations of undying love and tearing of bodices et cetera, there first should be a smoldering glance across a crowded room that sets the feminine protagonist's heart aflame with wanton desire." He sighs. "Unfortunately, Cavernous Hode has been unable to catch the horned maiden's eye. It may have something to do with Cavernous Hode's height relative to most of the other patrons in this establishment."[sblock= Mini Stats]
CavernousHode_150.jpg
MisterDickens100.jpg

Cavernous Hode
AC: 15 (13 flat-footed, 12 touch)
HP: 20/20
CMB: +1 CMD: 13
Fort: +5 Reflex: +2 Will: +7
Speed: 20'

Perception: +9
Initiative: +2

Current Weapon in Hand: Heavy Pick (+2, 1d6+1/x4), Wand of CLW
Current Conditions in Effect: None

0th level spells (DC 14): Create Water, Detect Magic, Read Magic, Stabilize
1st level spells (DC 15): Entangle, Expeditious Excavation, Obscuring Mist

Mister Dickens
AC: 15 (11 flat-footed, 15 touch)
HP: 23/23
CMB: +1 CMD: 14 (17 vs. Trip)
Fort: +4 Reflex: +6 Will: +2
Speed: 40', 20' Swim, 20' Climb

Perception: +5

Current Weapon in Hand: Natural weapons (+5, 1d4/x2)
Current Conditions in Effect: None[/sblock]

Last edited:

vmaaxt

First Post

"Mr. Hode, I doubt your height has anything to do with that. Ms. Marla seems to be the open minded type of person. She must be to work in such an establishment such as this. No, I suspect that she's not been receptive to your advances because she has been busy. You need to do something to really impress her. Something that will make her wonder, 'Who did this incredible task?' And then when she finds out it is you, who did it, BAM, there you are, smoldering gaze at the ready.

"Alternately, you could simply make your intentions known. Stop her and tell her, 'Ms. Marla, I find your bosom quite attractive, and would like to deleicately inform you of the magnitude of my affections in a very physical way, at your earliest convenience.' This plan does require more courage, but then again, that might be exactly what makes it work. You could also throw in a smoldering glance for good measure."

[SBLOCK='MiniStats']
Aedger Beinn, Aasimar Cleric (Undead Lord) 1
Init:
+2 AC: 15, t:12, ff:13
HP: 08 Perception: +9
CMB: +0 CMD: 12 Speed: 30ft.
Fort: +2 Ref: +2 Will: +5
Resist 5: Cold, Acid, Electric
Senses: Darkvision 60ft

Current Effects: None

In Hand: Nothing

Special Powers
Channel Negative Energy 1d6, 6/day, Will DC 14 Used: 0
Death's Kiss: 1 round duration, 6/day Used: 0
Command Undead

[Sblock='Spells Prepared:']Orisons:
Light
Guidance
Detect Magic
Level 1: (DC 14)
Cause Fear (domain)
Bless
Cure Light Wounds
Spell Like Abilities
Daylight (1/day)
[/Sblock]

Attacks:
Crossbow, Light: +2 Attack, 1d8+0, 19/x2, 80' Bolts: 30
Morningstar: +0 Attack, 1d8+0, 20/x2

[sblock='skills']Skills Total Rank CS Ability ACP Misc
Acrobatics 01 0 0 2 -1 +0
Appraise 01 0 0 1 +0
Bluff 03 0 0 3 +0
Climb -01 0 0 0 -1 +0
Craft ( ) 01 0 0 1 +0
Diplomacy 10 1 3 3 +3*
Disable Device 0 0 2 -1 +0
Disguise 03 0 0 3 +0
Escape Artist 01 0 0 2 -1 +0
Fly 01 0 0 2 -1 +0
Handle Animal 0 0 3 +0
Heal 03 0 0 3 +0
Intimidate 03 0 0 3 +0
Knowledge (Arcana) 0 0 1 +0
Knowledge (Dngnrng) 0 0 1 +0
Knowledge (Engnrng) 0 0 1 +0
Knowledge (Geography) 0 0 1 +0
Knowledge (History) 0 0 1 +0
Knowledge (Local) 0 0 1 +0
Knowledge (Nature) 0 0 1 +0
Knowledge (Nobility) 0 0 1 +0
Knowledge (Planes) 0 0 1 +0
Knowledge (Religion) 05 1 3 1 +0
Linguistics 0 0 3 +0
Perception 09 1 3 3 +2 (Racial)
Perform ( ) 03 0 0 3 +0
Profession ( ) 0 0 3 +0
Ride 01 0 0 2 -1 +0
Sense Motive 07 1 3 3 +0
Sleight of Hand 0 0 2 -1 +0
Spellcraft 0 0 1 +0
Stealth 01 0 0 2 -1 +0
Survival 03 0 0 3 +0
Swim -01 0 0 0 -1 +0
Use Magic Device 0 0 3 +0

* +1,Ease Of Faith, +2 Race
[/sblock]

Carrying:
Holstered:
Crossbow, Light & Bolts
Morningstar
[Sblock='Pockets']Earplugs (4x)
Chalk (3x)
Ink (1 oz. vial)
Inkpen (2x)
Paper, rice (5 sheets)
[/Sblock]
----
Blue, Skeletal Companion (Medium Undead)
Init:
+2 AC: 17, t:12, ff:15
HP: 11 Perception: +0
CMB: +2 CMD: 14 Speed: 30ft.
Fort: +0 Ref: +2 Will: +2
Immune: Cold Undead Traits
DR: 5/bludgeoning
Senses: Darkvision 60ft

In Hand: Nothing

Attacks:
Scimitar +2 (1d6+2,18-20/x2), claw –3 (1d4+1)
or 2 claws +2 (1d4+2)
or Dagger +2 (1d4+2), Range 10'
or Javelin +2 (1d6+2/×2), Range 30' Remaining: 3

Carrying:
Holstered:
Scimitar
Dagger
Javelins
[sblock='Backpack']Rope, Hemp (50ft)(x2)
Plank, Collapsable
Wandermeal (4 servings)
Chalk (6x)
[/Sblock]
180px-Aedger_Beinn.jpg
180px-1342541056597_c6a62.png

[/SBLOCK]

Last edited:

Chronikoce

First Post
Vax (Lvl 1)

Vax looks over at the spilled ale that was to be his with much sadness. Shaking his head a little he straightens up "Well I guess I've had enough to drink for today. Haven't even gotten a good solid adventure in yet to justify further celebration!"

Catching the tale end of Aedger's conversation Vax chimes in "You know I've never been overly fond of cats myself. Then again the type I've dealt with tend to be large and ferocious!"

[sblock=OOC]
[MENTION=84167]HolyMan[/MENTION] Yeah I would be happy to start of tonight. Actually the delay worked out in my favor. Just had a tonsillectomy yesterday and I'll be stuck at home for the next week as I heal so that distraction will be most welcome.
[/sblock]

[sblock= Vax]
Vax

[sblock=Raging]
AC: 14 (Flat-footed: 12, Touch: 10)
HP: 15/15
CMB: +7 CMD: 19
Fort: +6 Ref: +2 Will: +4
Speed: 30'

Perception: +4

Primary Weapon: Crusher (+7, 2d6+9/x3)
Ranged Weapon: Javelin (+3, 1d6+6/x2)
Special Attack Options: Power Attack: -1 Attack, +3 Damage
[/sblock]

[sblock=Not Raging]
AC: 16 (Flat-footed: 14, Touch: 12)
HP: 13/13
CMB: +5 CMD: 17
Fort: +4 Ref: +2 Will: +2
Speed: 30'

Perception: +4

Primary Weapon: Crusher (+5, 2d6+6/x3)
Ranged Weapon: Javelin (+3, 1d6+4/x2)
Special Attack Options: Power Attack: -1 Attack, +3 Damage
[/sblock]

Vax (Chronikoce) - Living Pathfinder RPG Wiki
[/sblock]

Systole

First Post
Cavernous Hode, Dwarf Cave Druid

"A incredible task?" The dwarf considers for a moment. "Cavernous Hode thinks he has done little that qualifies. Most of Cavernous Hode's existence thus far has involved copious amounts lurking, hiding, and occasionally running for his life, with precious little heroism. On the other hand, it is probably his distinct lack of heroism that has allowed Cavernous Hode to survive to this day. In Cavernous Hode's experience, heroism is generally not a survival strategy in the deeps. Especially not in the vicinity of a slime crawler nest. Or an encephalon gorger. Or a seugathi bloodstriker. Or a colony of vampiric gorazhags. And do not even get Cavernous Hode started on Abyssal Harvesters."

The dwarf pauses. "On further consideration, Cavernous Hode has concluded that impressing the horned maiden with a heroic act is perhaps not the best alternative. He shall have to go the route of making his intentions known and impressing her with the magnitude of... uh, the precise terminology has slipped his mind. 'The magnitude of his physical affection?'"[sblock= Mini Stats]
CavernousHode_150.jpg
MisterDickens100.jpg

Cavernous Hode
AC: 15 (13 flat-footed, 12 touch)
CMB: +1 CMD: 13
Fort: +5 Reflex: +2 Will: +7
Speed: 20'

Perception: +9

Current Weapon in Hand: Heavy Pick (+2, 1d6+1/x4), Wand of CLW

0th level spells (DC 14): Create Water, Detect Magic, Read Magic, Stabilize
1st level spells (DC 15): Entangle, Expeditious Excavation, Obscuring Mist

Mister Dickens
AC: 15 (11 flat-footed, 15 touch)
HP: 23/23
CMB: +1 CMD: 14 (17 vs. Trip)
Fort: +4 Reflex: +6 Will: +2
Speed: 40', 20' Swim, 20' Climb

Perception: +5

Current Weapon in Hand: Natural weapons (+5, 1d4/x2)
Current Conditions in Effect: None[/sblock]

Last edited:

vmaaxt

First Post

"Indeed, survival is often at odds with heroism, although I suspect Mr. Vax will have some things to say on the contrary. There are all manners of creatures that give not one whit about the intentions of what they are eating, although I suspect Mr. Vax will have some things to say about that, too. I suspect they will be significantly different things after he has faced a number of them, though.

Go find Ms. Marla, and speak from your heart. Or whatever part of your anatomy is most strongly opinionated on the matter. She seems to me to be the type of woman who values truth and candor. Be frank with her, Mr. Hode, inform her of your feelings. Leave nothing back. Let no metaphor, no matter how strained it might be, go unused. Tell her everything.

Now go, with my blessing and encouragement, and may all the gods bless you."
As he finishes, he firmly pats the dwarf on the back, with a faintly glowing hand.

[sblock='ooc']Casting guidance, for good measure. Good for 1 minute.

This is totally an approved use of divine magic, right?[/sblock]

Systole

First Post
Sylla and Boots

A dour-looking female elf walks into the room, followed closely by a wolf-like beast. The woman's face is painted with the image of a glaring death's head, but even without the accoutrement, she gives the immediate impression of a perpetually angry and possibly dangerously unstable person. The wolf sits and begins to take a deep breath, apparently in preparation for a long, baying howl.

"Don't even think about it," the elf warns him.

The darkwolf deflates and makes some sort of noise that sounds almost as if he were muttering under his breath. The elf takes a seat, while her companion meanders into the main room and tries to beg for food and beer. Given that his technique involves a pair of demonic crimson eyes staring up at potential donors from the darkness beneath the tables, he's not particularly successful.
[sblock=Mini Stats]
Sylla_150-1.png
Boots_150-1.png

Sylla the Grim
AC: 18 (14 flat-footed, 14 touch)
HP: 28/28
CMB: +5 CMD: 19
Fort: +1 Reflex: +5 Will: +4
Perception: +4, Low Light Vision
Initiative: +4

Current Weapon in Hand: None
Spells Remaining (1st): 4
Spells Remaining (2nd): 2

Boots
AC: 18 (16 flat-footed, 12 touch)
HP: 29/29
CMB: +6 CMD: 18 (22 vs. Trip)
Fort: +4 Reflex: +5 Will: +1
Perception: +6, Darkvision 60', Scent

Current Weapon in Hand: Natural weapons
Current Conditions in Effect: None [/sblock]

Rhydius

First Post
Rhydius, Human Ranger Lv2

"Lucky me then," replies the clumsy man to the assistant bartender. He opens his mouth to answer Aedger's introduction, but instead a grin spreads over his features, as he listens to the exchange between Cavernous Hode and Aedger.

"Glad to see you again Cavernous Hode, and best of luck," he says to the dwarf, before facing Aedger and extending his hand forward in greeting, "Call me Rhydius."[sblock=Mini Stats]
Rhydius-face.jpg

Rhydius VanDarver
Initiative: +6
AC: 17 (13 Flat-footed, 14 Touch)
Move: 30'
CMB: +3 CMD: 17
Fort: +3 Reflex: +7 Will: +1
Weapon in Hand: None

Weapons:
Dagger: Attack: +06 Damage: 1d4+2
Rapier, Silversheen: Attack: +07 Damage: 1d6+2
Shortbow: Attack: +06(+7*) Damage: 1d6+1*
Normal Arrows (15)
*Point Blank Shot within 30'

Rangers Focus: +2 to attack and damage on declared target. Remaining:1/1 per day[/sblock]

Satin Knights

First Post
While he was eating dinner, the inn has filled up quite well. Tasanto notices the wolf nosing around and being ignored or shooed away from tables. He also notices the telltale rune. Having finished his own dinner completely, he calls over Marla to order a second meal. "Are you sure? In bowls?" "Yes. He deserves a good meal too." Looking down, she catches on to his intentions. "Okay. So you're the one to give in to the puppy dog eyes today." She laughs.

Returning a few moments later, Marla brings two bowls, one with a steak, and the other sloshing with ale. Moving a chair, she sets them down under the edge of the table, away from the aisle.

"Oh, I suppose I should treat the ferret too. He is not finicky, so fish scraps will do for him. That one will answer to Mr. Dickens if you call him. Good fighter, but lousy conversationalist he is. You can put that bowl in any corner. He will find it." Tasanto gives her a few more coins for the extra meals.[sblock=Tasanto]
Tasanto_headshot_small.png
[/sblock]

Remove ads