Pathfinder RPG [Tavern Thread] The Dunn Wright Inn - Page 268





  1. #2671

    Vax (Lvl 1)

    "Haha right you are that I have opinion on this matter Aedger. Heroics and great deeds are vital to a fulfilling life but that does not mean you have to be suicidal. I prefer a playful flirtation with death over an open invitation to dinner."

 

  • #2672
    Community Supporter COPPER SUBSCRIBER
    Waghalter (Lvl 7)

    Systole's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Newton, MA
    Posts
    3,003

    ° Ignore Systole

    Sylla and Boots

    As soon as the bowls hit the floor, there's the immediate sound of food and drink being inhaled at an alarming rate. One of the bowls rolls out into the central aisle, licked entirely clean. A patron manages to trip over it not a half minute later.

    A pair of slitted, red, demonic eyes appears near Tasanto not long afterwards. "Thanks, buddy!" the darkwolf whispers. "You couldn't resist the puppyeyes, huh? No shame in that. There's no bearing my unbearable cuteness, when I'm putting it out there to be unbearably cute like that. It's a gift I have, you understand. I try not to abuse it, except when I'm thirsty. But I wanted to say that the beer was really pee-quaint. Best beer I've ever had. Thanks."

    Mini Stats

    Sylla the Grim
    AC: 18 (14 flat-footed, 14 touch)
    HP: 28/28
    CMB: +5 CMD: 19
    Fort: +1 Reflex: +5 Will: +4
    Perception: +4, Low Light Vision
    Initiative: +4

    Current Weapon in Hand: None
    Current Conditions in Effect: None
    Spells Remaining (1st): 4
    Spells Remaining (2nd): 2

    Boots
    AC: 18 (16 flat-footed, 12 touch)
    HP: 29/29
    CMB: +6 CMD: 18 (22 vs. Trip)
    Fort: +4 Reflex: +5 Will: +1
    Perception: +6, Darkvision 60', Scent
    Initiative: +2

    Current Weapon in Hand: Natural weapons
    Current Conditions in Effect: None

  • #2673
    Community Supporter COPPER SUBSCRIBER
    Waghalter (Lvl 7)

    Systole's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Newton, MA
    Posts
    3,003

    ° Ignore Systole

    Cavernous Hode

    There's a suggestion of movement in the corner where the fish scraps are, and the bowl is empty a few minutes later. There's no acknowledgement of the meal, except for an unfriendly hissing from the rafters. Even then, it might have been the wind.
    OOC
    I'm giving Cavernous Hode another day to see whether everyone is going to continue to throw him under the bus, or whether anyone is going to take pity on the poor deluded soul. There's no judgment on anyone either way, except for that the instigators of such an event would have to be really awful mean bad people who are clearly destined for a painfully pitchforky type of afterlife.

    If Cavernous Hode does end up approaching Marla, then full control is handed over to whatever judge wants to step in.
    Mini Stats



    Cavernous Hode
    AC: 15 (13 flat-footed, 12 touch)
    HP: 20/20
    CMB: +1 CMD: 13
    Fort: +5 Reflex: +2 Will: +7
    Speed: 20'

    Perception: +9
    Initiative: +2

    Current Weapon in Hand: Heavy Pick (+2, 1d6+1/x4), Wand of CLW
    Current Conditions in Effect: None

    0th level spells (DC 14): Create Water, Detect Magic, Read Magic, Stabilize
    1st level spells (DC 15): Entangle, Expeditious Excavation, Obscuring Mist


    Mister Dickens
    AC: 15 (11 flat-footed, 15 touch)
    HP: 23/23
    CMB: +1 CMD: 14 (17 vs. Trip)
    Fort: +4 Reflex: +6 Will: +2
    Speed: 40', 20' Swim, 20' Climb

    Perception: +5
    Initiative: +2

    Current Weapon in Hand: Natural weapons (+5, 1d4/x2)
    Current Conditions in Effect: None

  • #2674
    "Hey, go get the bowl and put it back where Marla set it down. We don't want to get her upset at both of us because of your enthusiasm. It's Marla that likes your puppy eyes. I just recognized a four legged brother that was thirsty." Tasanto looks down, "Oh, yeah, well I sometimes have four legs."

  • #2675
    Thy wounds are healed! SILVER SUBSCRIBER
    Magsman (Lvl 14)

    HolyMan's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    hagerstown md
    Posts
    12,363

    ° Ignore HolyMan
    The Dunn Wright Inn is suddenly a hustle and bustle of patrons talking, drinking, and feasting. So it is no wonder that no one notices yet another patron enter, or if they do they miss the fact that he isn't of the normal clientele.

    The older man, sun-dark by days spent in the fields, and a little stooped from toiling the earth approaches Grog as he stands pouring more drinks. The noise of the common room makes it difficult to understand everything the half-orc is asked, but the quick shake of his head followed by a thumb over his shoulder pointing to the back gives you a clear indication that the man was told to try the back rooms.

    Only a few of you managed to hear a small part of the conversation.

    Vax
    You heard "... mighty heroes needed..."

    Aedger
    You heard it mentioned "...he saw some zombies..."

    Hode
    You heard mention of "...the caves just a mile from my farm..."


    Curious you follow the man to the back room where he is currently asking after some adventures that had helped him before.
    Last edited by HolyMan; Wednesday, 25th July, 2012 at 05:24 AM.
    My UPDATED Signature is here

    And come join in the creation of a new living world here: Living Pathfinder

  • #2676

    Vax (Lvl 1)

    Vax straightens up suddenly at the snippet of conversation he manages to catch from the new comer. Quickly he downs his remaining ale looks around in a quasi-conspiratorial manner at anyone who catches his eye and with a quick "Sounds like my kinda work." Vax grabs up 'Crusher' slinging it over his back once more before striding purposefully after the man who just headed towards the back rooms.

    Vax

    Vax


    Raging

    AC: 14 (Flat-footed: 12, Touch: 10)
    HP: 15/15
    CMB: +7 CMD: 19
    Fort: +6 Ref: +2 Will: +4
    Speed: 30'

    Perception: +4
    Initiative: +2

    Primary Weapon: Crusher (+7, 2d6+9/x3)
    Ranged Weapon: Javelin (+3, 1d6+6/x2)
    Special Attack Options: Power Attack: -1 Attack, +3 Damage


    Not Raging

    AC: 16 (Flat-footed: 14, Touch: 12)
    HP: 13/13
    CMB: +5 CMD: 17
    Fort: +4 Ref: +2 Will: +2
    Speed: 30'

    Perception: +4
    Initiative: +2

    Primary Weapon: Crusher (+5, 2d6+6/x3)
    Ranged Weapon: Javelin (+3, 1d6+4/x2)
    Special Attack Options: Power Attack: -1 Attack, +3 Damage

    Current Conditions in Effect: None

    Vax (Chronikoce) - Living Pathfinder RPG Wiki

  • #2677
    Registered User
    Novice (Lvl 1)

    vmaaxt's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Indiana, US
    Posts
    98

    ° Ignore vmaaxt

    Aedger Beinn (Aasimar Cleric)

    "Mr. Hode, did you hear what I heard? I suspect that I may be of service to that gentleman. May I suggest we continue discussing your pursuit of Ms. Marla at a later time? If you come along, you might have something with which to impress Ms. Marla. You would have the trifecta: the romantic initiative, an impressive tale of courage and heroism, and a smoldering gaze. She would have little choice but to fall before your mighty wooing." With that, he picks up his half finished ale, and proceeeds towards the back room, the light again in his eye.

    ooc
    Yes. Any instigator who would send Hode in to fail, just for their amusement, would be very bad people. However, anybody who wanted desperately for Hode to succeeed, and gave him the best advice they know, would be a good person. Seriously.
    I am the reason that calculators are banned from the gaming table.

  • #2678
    Registered User
    Myrmidon (Lvl 10)

    Deuce Traveler's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Hampton, VA
    Posts
    5,928

    ° Ignore Deuce Traveler

    Lem the Cook, Level 2 Monk

    Lem watches the movement towards the backroom and shrugs, wondering only briefly what the commotion is about.
    My Involvement:
    Spoiler:

    Player of Doral Kinsman the Beguiler in Who Wants to Be a Wayfinder
    IC

    DM for my v3.5 homebrew campaign, Last Stand of the Dorinthians
    OOC//Chapter 1- Homeless (Closed)//Chapter 2- Illusions (Closed)//Chapter 3 - The Imperials (Closed)//Chapter 4- The Second Invasion (closed)//The Final Chapter(closed)//Dead Secrets(closed)//Rogue's Gallery//Story Hour

    DM for his Sword and Sorcery Campaign; City-State of the Invincible Overlord w/BECMI rules
    Out of Character thread
    ---

    My works:
    Dog Soul Publishing's The Books of Faith: Jainism
    Dog Soul Publishing's Sahasra - Items of Magic and War
    Various articles and editing projects for Silven Trumpeter
    LPJ Design's The True Psionic Story: Amulet of Catapsi

  • #2679
    Community Supporter COPPER SUBSCRIBER
    Waghalter (Lvl 7)

    Systole's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Newton, MA
    Posts
    3,003

    ° Ignore Systole
    The dwarf pauses in the middle of some jumping jacks and deep knee bends he was doing in preparation for approaching the tiefling barmaid. "Ye-e-e-s..." he says, "perhaps an adventure is just the sort of thing that would look good on Cavernous Hode's resumŔ. Certainly a cavernous adventure would play to Cavernous Hode's strengths, and this close to the surface, the chances of encountering any Abyssal Harvesters should be slim. Yes, Cavernous Hode thinks this is a good idea all around." He trundles off to the back room, and there's a suggestion of movement in the rafters that follows him.
    Mini Stats



    Cavernous Hode
    AC: 15 (13 flat-footed, 12 touch)
    HP: 20/20
    CMB: +1 CMD: 13
    Fort: +5 Reflex: +2 Will: +7
    Speed: 20'

    Perception: +9
    Initiative: +2

    Current Weapon in Hand: Heavy Pick (+2, 1d6+1/x4), Wand of CLW
    Current Conditions in Effect: None

    0th level spells (DC 14): Create Water, Detect Magic, Read Magic, Stabilize
    1st level spells (DC 15): Entangle, Expeditious Excavation, Obscuring Mist


    Mister Dickens
    AC: 15 (11 flat-footed, 15 touch)
    HP: 23/23
    CMB: +1 CMD: 14 (17 vs. Trip)
    Fort: +4 Reflex: +6 Will: +2
    Speed: 40', 20' Swim, 20' Climb

    Perception: +5
    Initiative: +2

    Current Weapon in Hand: Natural weapons (+5, 1d4/x2)
    Current Conditions in Effect: None

  • #2680
    Registered User
    Waghalter (Lvl 7)

    possum's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Columbia, MO
    Posts
    2,503

    ° Ignore possum
    "Farewell and well met," Dolgrin says as the new people that he has met leave the room. The dwarf sips at his mug of mead and takes a small bite out of the meat on his plate.

  • + Log in or register to post
    Page 268 of 403 FirstFirst ... 168 218 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 318 368 ... LastLast

    Similar Threads

    1. Even Newer(er) Tavern Thread: The Hanged Man
      By L4W Facilitator in forum Living 4th Edition
      Replies: 2937
      Last Post: Saturday, 5th October, 2013, 04:04 PM
    2. New Tavern Thread: The Hanged Man
      By L4W Facilitator in forum Living 4th Edition
      Replies: 1006
      Last Post: Saturday, 9th January, 2010, 02:02 AM
    3. Tavern Thread: The Hanged Man
      By L4W Facilitator in forum Living 4th Edition
      Replies: 1014
      Last Post: Tuesday, 7th July, 2009, 05:14 PM
    4. Close LEB Tavern Thread
      By stonegod in forum Meta
      Replies: 2
      Last Post: Tuesday, 7th August, 2007, 11:13 PM
    5. Tavern Tales ooc thread.
      By jasamcarl in forum Talking the Talk
      Replies: 7
      Last Post: Friday, 23rd July, 2004, 03:27 AM

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •