Pathfinder RPG [Tavern Thread] The Dunn Wright Inn - Page 269




  1. #2681
    Registered User
    Lama (Lvl 13)

    jbear's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Online
    Posts
    3,883

    Ignore jbear
    The door bursts open and a grinning man tatooed from head to toe, though exclusively on the left side of his body strides into the room arms out wide.

    "Maui has returned good friends of te Hall of Heroes! I have missed you!"

    As he looks around to see if there is actually anyone about that he recognises, the cheetah slung over his shoulder drops to the floor and pads across the room where it curls up in front of the fire.

    Unphased by the unfamiliar faces Maui strides to the bar: "Buffalo Milk, my friend! And for me ... te Fire Water!"

    His enthusiasm is somewhat curbed by the barman's response. "No Buffalo Milk!? Why is it that you never have te Buffalo Milk? Gah! Te King has earned his milk. You go and tell him that you don't have any yourself. I promised. He's going to be mad! Look at him ... he's getting mad already!"

    Maui nods over to his cheetah companion by the fire who seems to be purring contentedly, fast asleep.

    "Never mind."

    Taking his fire water he moves to a table near the fire himself.

    OOC: Maui level 3 Druid (levelled up and awaiting approval) ready for action
    'I am a predator...the predator improves the race...I kill but not out of hate.'
    Frank Herbert: Emperor God of Dune

 

  • #2682
    Registered User
    Cutpurse (Lvl 5)

    Qik's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    New Orleans, US
    Posts
    1,925

    Ignore Qik
    As the inn fills up, Mesem falls silent, content to eat his meal and let the others talk. His focus on his food belies his attentiveness as he soaks in the inn's sights, sounds, and smells. Finishing his meager porridge, he sits back in his chair, sips from his glass of water, and eyes the entering wildman with a slightly incredulous look. One more reminder that he's a long way from home.



    Stats
    Mesem Adrarda
    Status: Unbound
    Bound Stats
    Initiative: +1, Perception: +8
    HP: 16/16 real + 16/20 temporary
    AC: 21 (Touch: 11 Flat-footed: 20)
    AC: +2 vs evil
    CMB: +6 CMD: 17
    Fort: +2 Ref: +2 Will: +8 (+10 vs enchantments)
    Saves: +2 vs evil

    Natural Weapons:Bite (+6, 1d6+4), 2 Claws (on feet) (+7, 1d4+4)
    Unbound Stats
    Initiative: +0, Perception: +7
    HP: 18/18 real
    AC: 10 (Touch: 10 Flat-footed: 10) CMB: +1 CMD: 11
    Fort: +3 Ref: +1 Will: +8 (+10 vs enchantments)
    Current Weapon in Hand: Nodachi: +6, 1d10+6, 18-20/x2

    Summon Monster I: 4/4
    Spells: 0 - Infinite, 1 - 3/3

    Active Magic:
    None

  • #2683
    Registered User
    Defender (Lvl 8)

    ScorpiusRisk's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Roslindale MA 02131
    Posts
    2,499

    Ignore ScorpiusRisk
    A young man walks in, appearing at first glance to be a moonlighting noble. His face was fair and flanked by shoulder length, well groomed, brown hair. His slight frame was hidden under traveling garb, that while worn, appears to have been recently cleaned. Over that rests a finely crafted breastplate that appears to restricts his movements only mildly.

    He bears no visibly weapons, but a few curious trinkets adorn his attire. A fine grey cloak is slung over his shoulders, the holy symbol of Cortessa, set in silver, is visible over his armor, on one hand sits a fine signet ring of an old house, a pouch for crossbow bolts sits on his belt, and a fine leather bag is draped over one shoulder.

    He smiles broadly upon entering. The smile falters as he looks over the the tavern, but the young man forces is back again and swagger further in. He gives a nod to Sylla, not seeing Boots at first, and promptly sits at a different table.

    "Wine, bread and cheese, at your next opportunity miss!" Through the smile he thinks. This is all together disgusting. The voices in his head respond in turn. I think it's kind of fun! . . . It shall be worth it. . .

    Denizel, Level 4 Bard/Oracle
    Denizel
    AC: 20 (18 flat-footed, 12 Touch)
    HP: 26 Current: 26
    CMB: 0 CMD: 12 Fort: +1 Reflex: +6 Will: +8
    Speed: 20'

    Current Weapon in Hand:
    Current Conditions in Effect:

    +1 Longsword: +5, 1d8, crit 19-20/x2
    Wand, Inflict Light Wounds: 50/50, Touch, 1d8+2, Will DC 16 for Half, SR = Yes
    +1 Crossbow: +5, 1d8+1, Crit: 19-20/x2, Rng: 80ft, 32 Bolts
    Wand, Cure Light Wounds: 50/50, Touch, 1d8+2, Will DC 16 for Half, SR = Yes

    Key Skills: Bluff +14, Diplomacy +11, Disguise +13, Kn Arcana +11, Kn History +10, Kn Local +10, Kn Nobility +10, Kn Religion +11, Perception +8, Perform (Dance) +9, Profession (Courtier) +5, Sense Motive +7, Spellcraft +6

    Bardic Performance: 11/11 rounds per day

    Bard Spells Remaining: 1st level 4/4
    Bard Spells Known: 1: Charm Person (DC 16), Disguise Self, Hideous Laughter (DC 16)
    0: Daze (DC 15), Detect Magic, Light, Message, Prestidigitation

    Oracle Spells Remaining: 1st level 6/6
    Oracle Spells Known: 1: Bless, Cure Light Wounds, Identify, Sanctuary
    0: Ghost Sound, Guidance, Mage Hand, Mending, Read Magic, Resistance, Stabilize
    Last edited by ScorpiusRisk; Thursday, 26th July, 2012 at 05:18 PM.
    Current Work: http://stuffershack.com/tag/brian-liberge/

  • #2684
    Community Supporter COPPER SUBSCRIBER
    Waghalter (Lvl 7)

    Systole's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Newton, MA
    Posts
    2,876

    Ignore Systole

    Sylla and Boots

    "She does?" Boots asks, before going and nudging the bowl back under a table. He returns to Tasanto. "That's weird, 'cause she read me the riot act last time I was in here. On the other paw, the boss is the same way. First she tells me not to howl, then she tells me I can howl, then all of a sudden I'm not supposed to howl anymore. Go figure." He looks wistfully back at the door. "Man, it was gonna be a good one, too."

    Boots counts Tasanto's legs, and then double checks his math, just to be sure. He looks at the young man suspiciously. "You don't smell like you have four legs."

    Meanwhile, Sylla catches Denizel's nod, and returns a slight acknowledgement, but makes no move to associate with th half-elf bard.

    Mini Stats

    Sylla the Grim
    AC: 18 (14 flat-footed, 14 touch)
    HP: 28/28
    CMB: +5 CMD: 19
    Fort: +1 Reflex: +5 Will: +4
    Perception: +4, Low Light Vision
    Initiative: +4

    Current Weapon in Hand: None
    Current Conditions in Effect: None
    Spells Remaining (1st): 4
    Spells Remaining (2nd): 2

    Boots
    AC: 18 (16 flat-footed, 12 touch)
    HP: 29/29
    CMB: +6 CMD: 18 (22 vs. Trip)
    Fort: +4 Reflex: +5 Will: +1
    Perception: +6, Darkvision 60', Scent
    Initiative: +2

    Current Weapon in Hand: Natural weapons
    Current Conditions in Effect: None

  • #2685
    Registered User
    Minor Trickster (Lvl 4)

    hemera's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Ann Arbor, MI
    Posts
    221

    Ignore hemera

    Reianne Estril, Human Bard

    Reianne sighs as she looks around at all the animals in the tavern. "Kind of like a barn i..." she mumbles trailing off as she sees the handsome man in the gray cloak enter. She goes back to drinking her wine and watching the goings on, suddenly not minding the animals quite as much anymore.

  • #2686
    "Ah, women. Don't try to understand them. Just smile when they are being nice. Smile and duck when they're upset. Expect the unexpected."

    Noticing his counting and confusion,
    "No, only just two wobbly legs right now. But when I call up Nysys from the great yonder, we share his body. We have four strong legs and two strong arms then. And grace, ah such grace. Without him, I trip on a blade of grass. Together, we can prance and pounce."
    Tasanto starts gathering his things. "I have to go now. I made an appointment for some combat training with some monks. Maybe they will be able to teach me how to fight on only two legs. Balance, it is all about balance. I hope you enjoyed the meal."

    Tasanto pets Boots on the head once and then leaves the inn, only bumping into one table as he lugs his equipment with him.


  • #2687
    Registered User
    Defender (Lvl 8)

    ScorpiusRisk's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Roslindale MA 02131
    Posts
    2,499

    Ignore ScorpiusRisk
    Denizel turns to take in some of the commotion, as he waits for his wine. He finally sees boots chasing a kind fellow out, which returns his smile. His eyes then fall on an attractive young girl with red hair. I like her. Let's pursue that. . .Come now. Denizel blushed slightly as he heard the voices in his head. Luckily the waitress came by with his wine and he turned back around.

    This is hardly the place to rush into anything! Denizel argued in his head. She does look familiar though. I wonder if I have seen her in the courts.

    Denizel, Level 4 Bard/Oracle
    Denizel
    AC: 20 (18 flat-footed, 12 Touch)
    HP: 26 Current: 26
    CMB: 0 CMD: 12 Fort: +1 Reflex: +6 Will: +8
    Speed: 20'

    Current Weapon in Hand:
    Current Conditions in Effect:

    +1 Longsword: +5, 1d8, crit 19-20/x2
    Wand, Inflict Light Wounds: 50/50, Touch, 1d8+2, Will DC 16 for Half, SR = Yes
    +1 Crossbow: +5, 1d8+1, Crit: 19-20/x2, Rng: 80ft, 32 Bolts
    Wand, Cure Light Wounds: 50/50, Touch, 1d8+2, Will DC 16 for Half, SR = Yes

    Key Skills: Bluff +14, Diplomacy +11, Disguise +13, Kn Arcana +11, Kn History +10, Kn Local +10, Kn Nobility +10, Kn Religion +11, Perception +8, Perform (Dance) +9, Profession (Courtier) +5, Sense Motive +7, Spellcraft +6

    Bardic Performance: 11/11 rounds per day

    Bard Spells Remaining: 1st level 4/4
    Bard Spells Known: 1: Charm Person (DC 16), Disguise Self, Hideous Laughter (DC 16)
    0: Daze (DC 15), Detect Magic, Light, Message, Prestidigitation

    Oracle Spells Remaining: 1st level 6/6
    Oracle Spells Known: 1: Bless, Cure Light Wounds, Identify, Sanctuary
    0: Ghost Sound, Guidance, Mage Hand, Mending, Read Magic, Resistance, Stabilize
    Current Work: http://stuffershack.com/tag/brian-liberge/

  • #2688
    Registered User
    Cutpurse (Lvl 5)

    Qik's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    New Orleans, US
    Posts
    1,925

    Ignore Qik
    Mesem listens to Tasanto with clear curiosity, but refrains from speaking as the half-elf leaves. He makes a mental note to initiate a conversation if and when he next crosses the young man's path.

    Shifting in his chair, Mesem surveys the motley crew inhabiting the inn, quietly musing to himself as he waits for the next opportunity to test himself to appear.



    Stats
    Mesem Adrarda
    Status: Unbound
    Bound Stats
    Initiative: +1, Perception: +8
    HP: 16/16 real + 16/20 temporary
    AC: 21 (Touch: 11 Flat-footed: 20)
    AC: +2 vs evil
    CMB: +6 CMD: 17
    Fort: +2 Ref: +2 Will: +8 (+10 vs enchantments)
    Saves: +2 vs evil

    Natural Weapons:Bite (+6, 1d6+4), 2 Claws (on feet) (+7, 1d4+4)
    Unbound Stats
    Initiative: +0, Perception: +7
    HP: 18/18 real
    AC: 10 (Touch: 10 Flat-footed: 10) CMB: +1 CMD: 11
    Fort: +3 Ref: +1 Will: +8 (+10 vs enchantments)
    Current Weapon in Hand: Nodachi: +6, 1d10+6, 18-20/x2

    Summon Monster I: 4/4
    Spells: 0 - Infinite, 1 - 3/3

    Active Magic:
    None

  • #2689
    Registered User
    Lama (Lvl 13)

    jbear's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Online
    Posts
    3,883

    Ignore jbear
    Maui turns his head towards the bard as she says something about a barn. Her words trail off though and the jibe is lost on him, brushed off as a misunderstanding, something that happens to him frequently. He looks ... perhaps a moment too long. Normally he would have shared his presence with one of the more deserving females in the bar by now ... but to tell the truth his recent experiences with the fairer sex had put him off.

    As he thought about this he rubbed his bruised jaw, assaulted by the memory of the dwarven woman's response to his kind offer to foster her a child earlier that day. He pushed it away with a grin and took another drag of the fire water. Women. What a wondrous mystery. But a tiger to be tackled another day.

    With a loud burp he put his feet up on the back of a nearby chair and let out a deep sigh of satisfaction.
    'I am a predator...the predator improves the race...I kill but not out of hate.'
    Frank Herbert: Emperor God of Dune

  • #2690
    Registered User
    Cutpurse (Lvl 5)



    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Staten Island
    Posts
    1,281

    Ignore mfloyd3
    Iago strolls into the Dunn Wright, delight and anticipation written in his face. He give a polite but absent-minded nod to Sylla and Denizel, and pats Boots on the head, but only mutters a request that they excuse him as he makes his way to a well-lit table by the window. He orders himself wine and some bread and cheese as he excitedly spreads out several scrolls beside his battered notebook. With obvious joy, he begins setting his quill pen to paper. Any stranger glancing at the papers would see only the bizarre scribblings of alchemical notation. But to Iago, an entirely new world has opened up.

    OOC: Going on a trip, so Iago will be anti-social for a bit. But he's going to be copying some scrolls. Will roleplay when I get back!


    scrolls

    Iago is copying the following spells into his formula book. He will take 10 on his Spellcraft rolls, unless this is not allowed (in which case I'll make the appropriate die rolls at a later date).
    Endure Elements
    Alchemical Allocation
    Barkskin
    True Strike
    Resist Energy
    This will take through 7/31.

    Iago will then copy the following spells from his Formula List into a second spellbook (he's creating a reserve to keep in his apartment):

    Alchemical Allocation, Bull's Strength, Barkskin, Resist Energy, Shield, Identify, Enlarge Person, Targeted Bomb Admixture, Expeditious Retreat, Bomber's Eye, Cure Light Wounds

    This should take through August 11. Scrolls will be copied in that order, so if I stop short of that date that will determine what spells the reserve list contains.

  • + Log in or register to post
    Page 269 of 395 FirstFirst ... 169 219 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 319 369 ... LastLast

    Similar Threads

    1. Even Newer(er) Tavern Thread: The Hanged Man
      By L4W Facilitator in forum Living 4th Edition
      Replies: 2937
      Last Post: Saturday, 5th October, 2013, 04:04 PM
    2. New Tavern Thread: The Hanged Man
      By L4W Facilitator in forum Living 4th Edition
      Replies: 1006
      Last Post: Saturday, 9th January, 2010, 02:02 AM
    3. Tavern Thread: The Hanged Man
      By L4W Facilitator in forum Living 4th Edition
      Replies: 1014
      Last Post: Tuesday, 7th July, 2009, 05:14 PM
    4. Close LEB Tavern Thread
      By stonegod in forum Meta
      Replies: 2
      Last Post: Tuesday, 7th August, 2007, 11:13 PM
    5. Tavern Tales ooc thread.
      By jasamcarl in forum Talking the Talk
      Replies: 7
      Last Post: Friday, 23rd July, 2004, 03:27 AM

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •