[Tavern Thread] The Dunn Wright Inn - Page 270


What's on your mind?

  1. #2691
    Registered User
    Novice (Lvl 1)

    vmaaxt's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Indiana, US
    Posts
    98
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    Ignore vmaaxt
    My communities:

    Aedger Beinn (Aasimar Cleric)

    Aedger comes out of the hallway, shoulders held high, looking around, searching with a purpose, scanning the clients of the tavern, disappointment washing over his face as he can't see who he is looking for. Finally he walks over to the new bartender, "Gary, have you seen Mr. Grog, or Ms. Marla? And an ale, please," as he hands the bartender an empty mug he carried with him.

    "Are you talking to me, sir? My name isn't Gary. Why would you call me that? And Grog is just around the corner there. I think Marla is arguing with Zitteaux about cheese or something. She should be out in a minute."

    "Oh, sorry. I had a friend named Gary who looked a lot like you, once. My mind must have slipped. He was good people. Couldn't walk for a mile without tripping twice, but good people. What is your name?"

    "Well, sir, my name is-" Suddenly, a chorus of particularly loud laughter drowns out the new bartender, and Aedger looks behind him at Dolgrin, Reinne, Galandra, Menik, Ru and Lem. Just the people he was looking for. He saunters over to their table, and asks "Hello friends, I had a few more questions about your experience with Mr. Grimspeller. Would you have happened to have fought him in a cave? And do know what he was doing there? Also, have any of you heard of a wizard named Zarrin? Do you know how I can get a hold of him?"

    Seeing Grog at the bar, Aedger goes up to the bar, and lays some gold on the counter, "An ale each for my friends at that table over there. No, I'll take them over, that's fine. I actually have some questions for you while you're pouring. No I don't need any change, thanks. Do you know the gentleman who went into the back room? Do you know what he wanted? Have you ever heard the name Zarrin before? have there been any rumors of evil magic pospping up lately? Oh, those are cold. Thank you."

    Aedger drops the ales off with his newfound friends, and walks towards the kitchen. He stops at the door, and hears pot and pans clanging, and Marla and Zitteaux arguing,

    "You cannot pair zis cheeze with zis wine. It is a disgrace to them both"

    "I can't serve that. He'll just send it right back. It's disgusting."

    "Okay fine. you can keep ze terrible cheese, but don't open that wine. Use zis instead."


    "No, he ordered the Semerly. He get the Semerly. He ordered Cheese. He gets Cheese, not that. whatever it is. In fact, I'm throwing that out."

    "No, no you cannot do that. Wait, don't. Aaah, you did it! You threw it out! You zilly, crazy woman!"


    "It was covered in mold, Zitteaux!"

    "Yes, that is zee point! That mold cost more zan an entire case of Zemerly."


    Frustrated, Marla huffs out of the kitchen, carrying a tray with fine wine, fresh bread, and a block of something that could be cheese. "Hello, Aedger, can I get you something?" she says as she sets the tray down and recomposes herself in the small mirror in the hallway, adjusting her hair over her horns.

    "Hi, Ms. Marla. I was wondering if I can ask you some questions?"

    "If you make them quick," she says as she picks up the tray and begins walking toward her customers

    "I was wondering if you knew a farmer named Mr. Jezz, or a Wizard, Mr. Zarrin. Or if you had noticed people talking about the undead recently, more than in the past. Also, I was wondering if you ever dated your customers."

    Marla stops and looks at him incredulously, "That's very forward of you. Some things to be said for that. Some things against it too."

    "What? Oh, no, I'm not asking for myself. I'm asking for a friend. Seriously. I was just wondering what he would have to do to catch your attention. Maybe save the city, or some other heroic deed? Oh, by the way, the new guy, Gary, He's doing a great job. You should keep him," Aedger says, quite flustered, looking at his feet.

    "Is that his name? I didn't know. Grog hired him, and he's not too big on introductions."

    ooc

    part of the Cave of (Un)Death campaign. Just slipped out into the common thread to see if anybody knew anything.
    I am the reason that calculators are banned from the gaming table.

 

  • #2692
    Community Supporter COPPER SUBSCRIBER
    Waghalter (Lvl 7)

    Systole's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Newton, MA
    Posts
    3,126
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    Ignore Systole
    My communities:

    "Hey, Denizel!" Boots says, ambling over to the half-elf. He sticks his face in the bard's lap, then steps back and sneezes twice, messily. "Whoa! You're not watering down the cologne anymore, huh? Wasn't expecting that."

    Mini Stats

    Sylla the Grim
    AC: 18 (14 flat-footed, 14 touch)
    HP: 28/28
    CMB: +5 CMD: 19
    Fort: +1 Reflex: +5 Will: +4
    Perception: +4, Low Light Vision
    Initiative: +4

    Current Weapon in Hand: None
    Current Conditions in Effect: None
    Spells Remaining (1st): 4
    Spells Remaining (2nd): 2

    Boots
    AC: 18 (16 flat-footed, 12 touch)
    HP: 29/29
    CMB: +6 CMD: 18 (22 vs. Trip)
    Fort: +4 Reflex: +5 Will: +1
    Perception: +6, Darkvision 60', Scent
    Initiative: +2

    Current Weapon in Hand: Natural weapons
    Current Conditions in Effect: None

  • #2693
    Registered User
    Novice (Lvl 1)

    DrJest's Avatar

    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Duluth, MN
    Posts
    45
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    Ignore DrJest
    My communities:

    A travel worn dwarf enters the tavern. He glances around as he removes his travel gloves, raising an eyebrow. Seemingly satisfied with what he sees, he heads directly to the bar selecting the sturdiest looking stool.

    Hoi Bartender. Gimme a mug o' that bottom barrel swill.

    The dwarf glances over his shoulder surveying the crowd. With a satisifed grunt he returns his attention to the bartender. It's been a while and I don't recognize ya. None o' this lot if truth be told.

    Zitteaux still here? If so, I'd be oblidged for some o' his eggs and onions. By the by, know anyone looking to hire an axe?

  • #2694
    Registered User
    Minor Trickster (Lvl 4)

    hemera's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Ann Arbor, MI
    Posts
    221
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    Ignore hemera
    Reianne stands up, and looks over to her compatriots from her recent adventure. "I have to step out for a few, but I'll be back so save a seat at the table for me alright?"

    Reianne then quickly, albeit unsteadily out of the tavern.

  • #2695
    Registered User
    Cutpurse (Lvl 5)

    Qik's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    New Orleans, US
    Posts
    1,925
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    Ignore Qik
    My communities:

    Mesem nods Reianne a silent fairwell, maintaining his stoicism.



    Stats
    Mesem Adrarda
    Status: Unbound
    Bound Stats
    Initiative: +1, Perception: +8
    HP: 16/16 real + 16/20 temporary
    AC: 21 (Touch: 11 Flat-footed: 20)
    AC: +2 vs evil
    CMB: +6 CMD: 17
    Fort: +2 Ref: +2 Will: +8 (+10 vs enchantments)
    Saves: +2 vs evil

    Natural Weapons:Bite (+6, 1d6+4), 2 Claws (on feet) (+7, 1d4+4)
    Unbound Stats
    Initiative: +0, Perception: +7
    HP: 18/18 real
    AC: 10 (Touch: 10 Flat-footed: 10) CMB: +1 CMD: 11
    Fort: +3 Ref: +1 Will: +8 (+10 vs enchantments)
    Current Weapon in Hand: Nodachi: +6, 1d10+6, 18-20/x2

    Summon Monster I: 4/4
    Spells: 0 - Infinite, 1 - 3/3

    Active Magic:
    None

  • #2696
    Registered User
    Defender (Lvl 8)

    ScorpiusRisk's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Roslindale MA 02131
    Posts
    2,499
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    Ignore ScorpiusRisk
    My communities:

    Denizel scoffs at the wolf's words and sneezing. "That is called soap. It is occasionally scented." His words take on an indignant air. "Most people from the city bathe, if they make more than a few coppers a day. . . and not with their tongue."

    Denizel, Level 4 Bard/Oracle
    Denizel
    AC: 20 (18 flat-footed, 12 Touch)
    HP: 26 Current: 26
    CMB: 0 CMD: 12 Fort: +1 Reflex: +6 Will: +8
    Speed: 20'

    Current Weapon in Hand:
    Current Conditions in Effect:

    +1 Longsword: +5, 1d8, crit 19-20/x2
    Wand, Inflict Light Wounds: 50/50, Touch, 1d8+2, Will DC 16 for Half, SR = Yes
    +1 Crossbow: +5, 1d8+1, Crit: 19-20/x2, Rng: 80ft, 32 Bolts
    Wand, Cure Light Wounds: 50/50, Touch, 1d8+2, Will DC 16 for Half, SR = Yes

    Key Skills: Bluff +14, Diplomacy +11, Disguise +13, Kn Arcana +11, Kn History +10, Kn Local +10, Kn Nobility +10, Kn Religion +11, Perception +8, Perform (Dance) +9, Profession (Courtier) +5, Sense Motive +7, Spellcraft +6

    Bardic Performance: 11/11 rounds per day

    Bard Spells Remaining: 1st level 4/4
    Bard Spells Known: 1: Charm Person (DC 16), Disguise Self, Hideous Laughter (DC 16)
    0: Daze (DC 15), Detect Magic, Light, Message, Prestidigitation

    Oracle Spells Remaining: 1st level 6/6
    Oracle Spells Known: 1: Bless, Cure Light Wounds, Identify, Sanctuary
    0: Ghost Sound, Guidance, Mage Hand, Mending, Read Magic, Resistance, Stabilize
    Current Work: http://stuffershack.com/tag/brian-liberge/

  • #2697
    Community Supporter COPPER SUBSCRIBER
    Waghalter (Lvl 7)

    Systole's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Newton, MA
    Posts
    3,126
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    Ignore Systole
    My communities:

    The darkwolf shudders. "Nothing wrong with water, but baths? Yuck-a-rooni! Anyway, you shouldn't knock licking yourself until you've tried it."
    Mini Stats

    Sylla the Grim
    AC: 18 (14 flat-footed, 14 touch)
    HP: 28/28
    CMB: +5 CMD: 19
    Fort: +1 Reflex: +5 Will: +4
    Perception: +4, Low Light Vision
    Initiative: +4

    Current Weapon in Hand: None
    Current Conditions in Effect: None
    Spells Remaining (1st): 4
    Spells Remaining (2nd): 2

    Boots
    AC: 18 (16 flat-footed, 12 touch)
    HP: 29/29
    CMB: +6 CMD: 18 (22 vs. Trip)
    Fort: +4 Reflex: +5 Will: +1
    Perception: +6, Darkvision 60', Scent
    Initiative: +2

    Current Weapon in Hand: Natural weapons
    Current Conditions in Effect: None

  • #2698
    Registered User
    Waghalter (Lvl 7)

    possum's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Columbia, MO
    Posts
    2,503
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    Ignore possum
    My communities:

    "That's it, I'm out, too," Dolgrin says as the conversation in the tavern area gets a bit weird for his taste. "I'll be back in a couple of hours," he adds before heading to take a short nap.

    OOC: No offense meant, @Systole.

  • #2699
    Registered User
    Lama (Lvl 13)

    jbear's Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Online
    Posts
    4,019
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    Ignore jbear
    Maui raises his mug and joins the conversation as it swings to a topic of interest."Taniwha lick himself and he is cleaner than anyone in te room. But licking has a time in a place. I met a Devil once. Went mad in te head from licking te toad. Te toad went mad in te head from all te licking on his back. So mad it ran way. Maui had to go to a lot of trouble to find te Lick Toad a home. And now te Toad is King Toad. King of all te Forest."
    'I am a predator...the predator improves the race...I kill but not out of hate.'
    Frank Herbert: Emperor God of Dune

  • #2700
    Registered User
    Defender (Lvl 8)

    ScorpiusRisk's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Roslindale MA 02131
    Posts
    2,499
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    Ignore ScorpiusRisk
    My communities:

    Denizel suffers through Maui's story and then gives a knowing nod to Boots. "See there, licking turns you into a crazy person." At least that's what Denizel got out of it.
    Current Work: http://stuffershack.com/tag/brian-liberge/

  • + Log in or register to post
    Page 270 of 423 FirstFirst ... 170220260261262263264265266267268269270271272273274275276277278279280320370 ... LastLast

    Similar Threads

    1. Even Newer(er) Tavern Thread: The Hanged Man
      By L4W Facilitator in forum Living 4th Edition
      Replies: 2972
      Last Post: Thursday, 13th November, 2014, 08:15 PM
    2. New Tavern Thread: The Hanged Man
      By L4W Facilitator in forum Living 4th Edition
      Replies: 1006
      Last Post: Saturday, 9th January, 2010, 03:02 AM
    3. Tavern Thread: The Hanged Man
      By L4W Facilitator in forum Living 4th Edition
      Replies: 1014
      Last Post: Tuesday, 7th July, 2009, 06:14 PM
    4. Close LEB Tavern Thread
      By stonegod in forum Meta
      Replies: 2
      Last Post: Wednesday, 8th August, 2007, 12:13 AM
    5. Tavern Tales ooc thread.
      By jasamcarl in forum Talking the Talk
      Replies: 7
      Last Post: Friday, 23rd July, 2004, 04:27 AM

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •