[Tavern Thread] The Dunn Wright Inn

DrJest

First Post
Korey turns to regard Denizel and reality dawns on him.

Oi! Good point!

Korey fumbles through his pouch and pockets to confirm he has his coin as well.

Ye almost gave me a heart attack there. Methinks ya should buy me my next round. What'ya say?

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
Vincenzo del Vecchio da via della Rosa D'Avorio II

Maui breaks into a grin and embraces the well dressed and elegant Vicenzo with both arms. "Haha! Handsome Blade! It warms te heart to see you again. Te King?"

Releasing his friend from the brutish hug, he looks over at the bar pointedly and says in an overly loud voice: "Oh te King is furious! They tell Maui that they have no Buffalo Milk here, never have and never will. I won't even tell you where they tell him to put his head! Taniwha will probably kill someone any moment now!"

He turns back to Vincenzo. "I'm just pulling te leg. He's better than ever. Look at him! He's going to get fat and lazy if we don't find te adventure soon!"

OOC: jbear, not ignoring you, just dealing with the real life dragon

"I wonder where does one find buffalo milk . . . . .?"

after a few minutes he gets a look in his eyes . . . . ."I will be right back. I need to find something." H leaves swiftly out the door in the direction of the pearl. he returns with a brand new set of mithral chin shirt

Last edited:

jbear

First Post
From the moment the Vincenzo leaves until the moment he returns Maui sits in silence pondering the swordsman's riddle. It has been a long time since Maui has thought so long and hard on a single idea. The effort causes him a skull splitting headache. Slumping back in his chair he gasps "Te buffalo milk is where te buffalo are."

ScorpiusRisk

First Post
Ye almost gave me a heart attack there. Methinks ya should buy me my next round. What'ya say?

Denizel scoffs looking down at the savage dwarf. "You're more likely to get ale out of Boots with a line like that. I suppose if I was to warn you of an attack by gnolls you'd want to charge me for the subsequent damage to your axe?"

[sblock=Denizel, Level 4 Bard/Oracle]Denizel
AC: 20 (18 flat-footed, 12 Touch)
HP: 26 Current: 26
CMB: 0 CMD: 12 Fort: +1 Reflex: +6 Will: +8
Speed: 20'

Current Weapon in Hand:
Current Conditions in Effect:

+1 Longsword: +5, 1d8, crit 19-20/x2
Wand, Inflict Light Wounds: 50/50, Touch, 1d8+2, Will DC 16 for Half, SR = Yes
+1 Crossbow: +5, 1d8+1, Crit: 19-20/x2, Rng: 80ft, 32 Bolts
Wand, Cure Light Wounds: 50/50, Touch, 1d8+2, Will DC 16 for Half, SR = Yes

Key Skills: Bluff +14, Diplomacy +11, Disguise +13, Kn Arcana +11, Kn History +10, Kn Local +10, Kn Nobility +10, Kn Religion +11, Perception +8, Perform (Dance) +9, Profession (Courtier) +5, Sense Motive +7, Spellcraft +6

Bardic Performance: 11/11 rounds per day

Bard Spells Remaining: 1st level 4/4
Bard Spells Known: 1: Charm Person (DC 16), Disguise Self, Hideous Laughter (DC 16)
0: Daze (DC 15), Detect Magic, Light, Message, Prestidigitation

Oracle Spells Remaining: 1st level 6/6
Oracle Spells Known: 1: Bless, Cure Light Wounds, Identify, Sanctuary
0: Ghost Sound, Guidance, Mage Hand, Mending, Read Magic, Resistance, Stabilize
[/sblock]

Systole

First Post
"Well, after the short guy and the rat made the fog, there were three people and a dead guy who snuck outside," Boots says offhandedly. "Did someone mention buying some beer?" [sblock=Mini Stats]
Sylla_150-1.png
Boots_150-1.png

Sylla the Grim
AC: 18 (14 flat-footed, 14 touch)
HP: 28/28
CMB: +5 CMD: 19
Fort: +1 Reflex: +5 Will: +4
Perception: +4, Low Light Vision
Initiative: +4

Current Weapon in Hand: None
Current Conditions in Effect: None
Spells Remaining (1st): 4
Spells Remaining (2nd): 2

Boots
AC: 18 (16 flat-footed, 12 touch)
HP: 29/29
CMB: +6 CMD: 18 (22 vs. Trip)
Fort: +4 Reflex: +5 Will: +1
Perception: +6, Darkvision 60', Scent
Initiative: +2

Current Weapon in Hand: Natural weapons
Current Conditions in Effect: None [/sblock]

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
From the moment the Vincenzo leaves until the moment he returns Maui sits in silence pondering the swordsman's riddle. It has been a long time since Maui has thought so long and hard on a single idea. The effort causes him a skull splitting headache. Slumping back in his chair he gasps "Te buffalo milk is where te buffalo are."

Vincenzo sits again at Maui's table.

"Do yo think the mystic pearl might know where in town to get buffalo milk?"

jbear

First Post
"Oh! I have some business in te Pearl! I will go and ask!"

Maui gets up and tells his sleeping cheetah companion "E noho!"
Taniwha merely twitches a tail. Maui makes his way to the door and leaves.

He returns a short time later grinning broadly. "Ha! Maui spent all his money! And I buy magic sticks! Te owner says that this stick will let me talk to Taniwha! I can't wait to try it. For once te King will have to listen to Maui!" He sits back down near Vincenzo and lets out a sigh of satisfaction.

jbear

First Post
Maui raises an eyebrow unsure if Vincenzo is joking or not. "Taniwha has gone where Maui went. We have been together since we sailed from Aotearoa. Taniwha knows what Maui knows."

Remove ads