[Tavern Thread] The Dunn Wright Inn

DrJest

First Post
[sblock=Adventure Recruiting]Now Recruiting – Waking the Dead
Waking the Dead is a short adventure for second level characters which sets the party out to find a missing person.
[/sblock]

A city guardsman enters the inn. His tell-tale white cloak immaculate and enameled breastplate well cared for, he does not look like he belongs. He removes his helm, which by its dressing marks him as one with rank, and casually surveys the common room. A middle aged face is revealed, greying hair apparent in a close-cropped fashion popular with the White Cloaks. His eyes adjusting from the brightness of the day to the dimmer surroundings in which he finds himself, he makes his way to the bar (next to a dwarf who is clearly getting drunker by the minute). He speaks some soft words to the bartender who responds with a sweeping gesture across the entire room indicating the entirety of the clientele.

The White Cloak moves near the hearth where he can be heard by as many patrons as possible. In a loud confident voice, which in many circles would clearly command respect, he speaks…

“My name is Lieutenant Peurligh Kelnin of the Venza City Guard. I am here, not on official city business, so scoundrels need not fear me…” A short dramatic pause ensues as he casts a cataloging survey over the common room “… for now”

“I am told that some of the finest warriors and adventurers in the region can be found for hire here. That is my business today. I seek to hire several brave or crafty souls for a week’s work.”

Kelnin drops a heavy sack on the table in front of him which makes an audible thud followed by the jingle of coin. One of Kelnin’s eyebrow rises…

“Any takers?”

Kelnin.jpg

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
[Sblock=OOC]DrJest is it ok if I have Lieutenant Kelnin set up the recruitment for my adventure as well? I just planned on a notice being posted up and the heroes who wanted to go would go to a wayside shrine and meet a patrol to talk about what is going on.

The Lieutenant could have been given those orders as well.[/sblock]

DrJest

First Post
[Sblock=OOC]DrJest is it ok if I have Lieutenant Kelnin set up the recruitment for my adventure as well? I just planned on a notice being posted up and the heroes who wanted to go would go to a wayside shrine and meet a patrol to talk about what is going on.

The Lieutenant could have been given those orders as well.[/sblock]

[sblock=OOC] [MENTION=84167]HolyMan[/MENTION]: No problem.[/sblock]

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
The lieutanat heads over to Menik's table and stops after a couple of steps. Producing a parchment he looks once more out over the crowded common room.

"I almost forgot to post this for the rest of you."
he says heading to the notice board and slipping the parchment over a nail. "Seems there is also trouble on the Silver Road. I'm not sure what exactly, but I heard a rumor about something big trampling about the forest scaring travelers. The notice gives directions to a way shrine where you can meet a patrol for more information."

He then heads over to address Menik and those at the table.

[sblock=Reading the Notice]
To those of an Adventurous Heart:

We seek to employee tough warriors for a monster hunting expedition. If you wish to help secure the roads and earn coin and prestige then please meet Guardsman Hizer at the Shrine of Cortesia along the Silver Road.

<at the bottom is directions to the way shrine>[/sblock]
[sblock=Game Info]
A very short adventure to "earn coin and prestige"

DrJest's character Korey has a spot saved and I will take 1-2 more 2nd lvl characters. But if a 1st lvl character wishes to join I will allow them too and bring the party up to four players.

Any takers in the next hour or so just post your character exiting to go to the shrine. I will hopefully have an IC up in the next hour.[/sblock]

Last edited:

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
Lem the Cook, Monk 2

"Lt Kelnin, I am your halfling. With me, you not only gain a capable warrior. You also gain an excellent cook." Lem hops down, spits into his palm and puts out a hand for the soldier to shake.

DrJest

First Post
Korey McKragg slides off his stool and eyes the newly posted bill from across the room. Taking a deep breath, he staggers to the notice board, managing only one major stumble. "That was deliberate!" he announces to no one in particular.

Swaying softly, Korey reads the newly posted bill, mouthing the words out as he reads.

Korey begins raising his mug in toast to Lieutenant Kelnin, but abashadly realizes he left his mug at the bar. He settles on an awkward nod instead.

"Plenty o' time to sober up on the way I suppose" he says as he pats himself down, making sure he has his gear. With that, Korey McKragg stumbles out the door and hopes he can find the wayshrine.

DrJest

First Post
Kelnin was just about to sit at Menik's table when he is intercepted by the halfling. He removes his leather glove and takes the halflings offered hand.

"Please sit." He gestures to an open chair at the elfs table. He then sits himself.

"I have introduced myself already, but would like to know a little about each of you. First off, what are you drinking, it's on me."

He shifts his focus to Menik. "Truth be told I'm not picky on brave or crafty. What I really need is competent. I don't expect what I am going to ask you to do is particularly dangerous, but since it involves a little travel, perhaps a few more would be helpful. Know anybody?"

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
"Shouldn't someone go help that dwarf?" Grog says from behind the bar. The half-orc wears a worried frown as he thinks he might lose one of his best customers.

[sblock=OOC]Sorry was starting an IC but thought it might be best to wait for a group first.

If no other takers (say by TUE) I'll NPC some travel companions for Korey.[/sblock]

Remove ads