[Tavern Thread] The Dunn Wright Inn

DalkonCledwin

First Post
suddenly a man who had been sitting at one of the tables listening idly to the conversations going on in the Inn, but who is extremely out of place next to all the adventurers and other unsavory sorts in his Sunday-Best outfit stands up and walks over to Iago and says "My mistress may be able to help translate that scroll for you, depending on the languages used in it. If in return you might be able to try to find someone to translate something for her?"

OOC: using one of the servants associated with Fae'shiel's wealthy apartment to provide a lead in for both Fae'shiel and Marcus into Perrinmiller's adventure "Forge of Fury"

possum

First Post
From upstairs comes a bit of grumbling in Dwarvish and finally the speaker emerges from downstairs. It's Dolgrin again, this time out of his armor and into some fairly comfortable clothing. "When I leave to take a nap it gets louder in here. Least it's not strange talk again..."

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Grog, Retired Half-orc Fighter (NPC)

Bartender.jpg

Grog is wiping down a mug with a mostly clean cloth, occasionally spitting into it to help clean a spot. He glances at the popinjay-type and guffaws, "Oy, ya mistr'ss a runty dwarf?"

Then he gets serious, "Ya both needin' ta drink sum ork-piss ale. Tuska libr'an har be lookin' parched an' strainin' da noggin'. Dat wine be cloudin' yar vision pa'haps, mate."

"Yew, mista poofda, shud drink up ta fit in har."

Turning back from the servant to lean on the bar to take a look at what Iago's working on, he rests on his elbows. "Well dar be sum otha dwarf speakin' wuns 'round 'bout too. Just ova der be wun. Wat's dis 'bout a weaponsmitty?"

[sblock=Recruitment]Still looking for 1-2 more for http://www.enworld.org/forum/playing-game/327320-lpf-forge-fury-pt1.html#post5983572. Those 3rd-5th levels wishing to apply, you need to role-play their way in with Iago and send me a PM. Please read my adventure rules if you have not played in my games before.[/sblock]

DalkonCledwin

First Post
"No, my Mistress is an Elf. But she can speak and read a great many languages." The servant says to Grog by way of explanation. Then he adds, "I am not certain, but I think Dwarven may be one of them."

OOC: Technically she doesn't speak Dwarven, but actually Lesser Runic and can interpret Ancient Runic with a Linguistics Check. However since Dwarven is descended from both Ancient Dwarven AND Ancient Runic, it is a reasonable assumption for the servant to make that she can in fact speak and read Dwarven.

mfloyd3

Explorer
Iago looks over at the servant, surprised at the interruption. Still, best not to chase off someone who might be of use.

"An ale, then," he tells the barkeep. He begins putting his scrolls away. "So who is this mistress of yours?" he asks the stranger.

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Grog, Retired Half-orc Fighter (NPC)

Bartender.jpg

With Iago not answering his question, but ordering the ale instead, Grog pushes himself up from the counter and walks a few steps to the tapped cask. He fills two mugs and brings them both back, setting one in front of Iago and the other in front of the servant.

He holds up all five fingers and says, "Foa coppa each."

jackslate45

First Post
Mysterious Man.

The door of the inn opens quietly, and in walks a long black-haired man. A number of weapons displayed on his person: a 7' pole with a pick and hammer at the end, a 5' sword with a wicked edge, a crossbow hung loosely near his right hand, and a morningstar hung near his left. His breastplate looks like the last time it was clean was when it was forged: blood stains and grass stains cover up the detailed

The man stops Marla as she passes by, and asks "Is this the Dunn Wright Inn, where you can always find work?" She stairs at him in confusion and says "This IS the Inn, but not always where you can find work. Although you are in luck. That White Cloak seated there just posted a notice on the board that you might be interested in."

He thanks her, goes over to the notice board, and reads it over real quick. As quickly as the new man came in, he was out the door again, bending slightly so the top of his lucerne hammer does not bang up the door frame.

[sblock=Apperance]
Bronn.jpg

[/sblock]

mfloyd3

Explorer
Iago slides 5 coppers to the half-orc, used to the bartender's unusual math.

"Thank you," he says, taking the ale. "I'm looking for information on a famous dwaven weaponsmith by the name of Durgeddin. Know anyone who might have heard of him?" he asks the bartender and his fellow patron.

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
Vincenzo to Maui

OOC: @jbear, this looks better for you!

[sblock=Recruitment] Maui would join either of the adventures but he is level 3. If you need someone to make up numbers he is more than willing. Just let me know and I'll have him volunteers. [/sblock]

Maui turns his head and listens to the call for adventurers. He looks at his sleeping cat companion and hesitates. He slumps back into his chair clearly disappointed but unwilling to disturb his friend's much needed sleep... for now.

Bartender.jpg

Grog is wiping down a mug with a mostly clean cloth, occasionally spitting into it to help clean a spot. He glances at the popinjay-type and guffaws, "Oy, ya mistr'ss a runty dwarf?"

Then he gets serious, "Ya both needin' ta drink sum ork-piss ale. Tuska libr'an har be lookin' parched an' strainin' da noggin'. Dat wine be cloudin' yar vision pa'haps, mate."

"Yew, mista poofda, shud drink up ta fit in har."

Turning back from the servant to lean on the bar to take a look at what Iago's working on, he rests on his elbows. "Well dar be sum otha dwarf speakin' wuns 'round 'bout too. Just ova der be wun. Wat's dis 'bout a weaponsmitty?"

[sblock=Recruitment]Still looking for 1-2 more for http://www.enworld.org/forum/playing-game/327320-lpf-forge-fury-pt1.html#post5983572. Those 3rd-5th levels wishing to apply, you need to role-play their way in with Iago and send me a PM. Please read my adventure rules if you have not played in my games before.[/sblock]

"eh Maui, sounds like Gog is speakin' the language of adventure. Are you up for it? I have famiy business to tend so I am out."

DalkonCledwin

First Post
Fyi

OOC: I will never adventure with Jbear again. So if he joins this, Fae'shiel leaves.

The servant pays the copper, and then turns to Iago and says "Her name is Lady Fae'shiel. She knows many languages, so mayhap she can help you with the scroll. I know that she is in need of a translator herself, and someone who can tell her about dwarf-craft weapons as well."

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases