[Tavern Thread] The Dunn Wright Inn

jbear

First Post
OOC: @jbear, this looks better for you!

"eh Maui, sounds like Gog is speakin' the language of adventure. Are you up for it? I have famiy business to tend so I am out."
Maui turns his attention to the half orc bar tender. "Really? You can understand his language? Maui's head had to fight to make room for Vezna's tongue. There is no room in here for more. What did he say?"

Getting to his feet, he lays a hand on Vincenzo's shoulder. "I go ask him myself. Maybe he can speak Vezna's tongue too."

Maui walks up to the bar and puts down his mug which now stands empty. "Chief of te Hall!" he calls to him banging his chest with a fist as a show of respect. "Handsome Blade says you are talking of adventure. Maui does not speak your language. But Maui speaks te language of adventure!"

Not quite knowing how to proceed from here he stands and waits to hear some kind of reply to make sure the half orc can understand him.

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Grog, Retired Half-orc Fighter (NPC)

Bartender.jpg

Grog collects the coins and pockets them in the pouch at his belt. There is the jingle of several coins as they plink into his mobile till.

He shrugs and says, "Urr, back inna day, we dun used ta see a dwarf 'bout da runt-made weapuns. Ya kud go an' see da wun be callin' hiself Gorl'n Ironhamma. He dun made me a gud battleaxe. Juss axe 'round nar da nar da blacksmitties."

The tall man with the empty mug catches his attention and he takes the mug and fills it for Maui. He holds up five fingers and says, "Dat's foa coppa. Da venturin' dat I hard 'bout be on da notiss ova der. An' dat Whitecloak be axin' too."

mfloyd3

Explorer
"Thank you kindly," Iago tells the bartender. He looks over at the servant, and the strange new wildman who has wandered over. "I'm going to finish my ale and see about finding this Dwarf. If he can tell me what I want to know, there may be adventure in it. If either of you wants to, you are welcome to come along. Or to fetch your mistress," he adds to the servant.

[sblock=jbear and CD]With all due respect, you are both strangers to me. I am willing to play with either or both of you, but it's not my place to take sides. Please resolve this between yourselves and/or with PM in whatever way you think best. Thanks, M
[/sblock]

DalkonCledwin

First Post
"Then I will do that. If you would kindly, tell me where you will be? That way I can tell my Mistress where she may find you." The servant asks of the man.

[sblock=OOC]With all due respect. I would rather not adventure with Jbear this time around. Based on what happened during our last adventure, I don't know whether I could handle being in a potentially year long adventure with him... That is just how I am seeing things here.[/sblock]

Systole

First Post
[sblock=OOC]However you are planning on handling it, I personally would prefer that the DWI thread be kept in-character as much as possible, with OOC discussions of any sort taking place somewhere else. Thanks.[/sblock]

SelcSilverhand

First Post
Tahn Staful - Cleric 3

A newcomer pushes the door of the tavern open and steps inside. He wears a a duster in the style of a highwayman's coat and a worn tricorn hat atop his head. He smiles at the barkeep and says "Ho there Marla, I don't suppose you remember me do you? It has been a few years since I was able to visit. I'm glad to see that business is well." He waits expectantly but notes the awkward stare of someone who is racking their brain for a name. "If you happen to see any of my old companions, you can let them know Tahn is back in town."
Hopefully she also forgot about my tab along with my name.

He smiles at her again and turns away to peruse the jobs board. He might as well seek out some spare coin until his real business in town called him away again.

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
Lem the Cook, Monk 2

"Well, lieutenant, this is a fine match-up. You need services rendered, and I and Menik could use coin." Lem sits in order to hear more on the offer.

Satin Knights

First Post
Tasanto ~ half-elf

After having spent some time with some monks learning the finer points of combat, Tasanto returns to the Inn. Opening the door, he finds it just as busy as when he left. Looking around, he is disappointed the planar wolf and master have already left. Eventually he will pass their path again. Then he spots a whitecloak addressing some people. On the table in front of them is a coin purse. Yep, this is what he is looking for.

The scrawny kid with a polearm that looks to be just a little too big for him to handle walks up to the table. Addressing the whitecloak, "Honorable work?" as he pulls out a chair at the table. He waits for a nod or acknowledgement from the whitecloak before sitting down.
[sblock=ooc]Interested in joining Menik and Lem in DrJest's adventure although Tasanto is third level.[/sblock]

DrJest

First Post
Kelnin eyes the half elf as he approaches the table. "Yes, honorable work indeed! Perhaps we should retire to a private room so I can fill you in on the details. You can all be the judge on whether or not the price is right."

Kelnin rises and arranges a more private room with Grog. He turns to Lem, Menik, and Tasanto and gestures to a private chamber where the can have a more discrete meeting...

[sblock=OOC]
This should go well for the three of you. Maybe a little challenging, but not terrible.

I will create the IC link either later tonight or early tomorrow morning (assuming you all three agree on the mission).
[/sblock]

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases