[Tavern Thread] The Dunn Wright Inn

jbear

First Post
[sblock=OOC] [MENTION=84167]HolyMan[/MENTION] Maui is level 3. He is not far off level 4 (5100 xp appx.). He's ready and willing and doesn't mind the challenge of harder encounters. Maybe there could be a shrot soft encounter just to bump him over the hump and get him up to lvl 4 before things get tough?

Anyway, an option to consider if you can't get enough people. [/sblock]

GlassEye

Adventurer
Agno Phoenicus, Tengu druid & Keeling, a black hawk

A tengu slips into the Dunn Wright Inn. He is dressed in form-fitting leather clothing that leaves his arms bare exposing a chevron of red feathers on each shoulder. He stops in the door and peers outside and calls out with a shriek. A black hawk swoops through the open door and circles the room before landing up in the rafters.

The tengu nods to himself, "Hurrs," softly to himself then makes his way through the crowd to the wall with the job postings where he spends several minutes looking at old, expired announcements in frustration...

• • • • Agno Phoenicus • • • •

[sblock=Mini Stats]Agno Phoenicus
Initiative: +3
AC: 18 (15 flat-footed, 13 Touch)
HP: 36 Current: 36
CMB: +4 CMD: 17 Fort: +7 Reflex: +5 Will: +10 (+12 vs. Charm & compulsion effects)
Speed: 40 ft. (50 ft. with Longstrider)

Current Weapon in Hand:
Ammo (Arrows): 40/40 remaining
Current Conditions in Effect:

Lightning Arc: 7/7 Remaining
Channel Energy: 4/4 remaining
Agile Feet: 7/7 remaining
Hawkeye: 7/7 remaining

Cleric Spells:
Spells Prepared:
1st level: bless, divine favor, longstrider (D)
0-level: guidance, light, stabilize

Druid Spells:
Spells Prepared:
2nd level: cat's grace, chill metal, lesser restoration, eagle's splendor (D)
1st level: cure light wounds, entangle, faerie fire, shillelagh, aspect of the falcon (D)
0-level: detect magic, detect poison, flare, resistance[/sblock]

mfloyd3

Explorer
From her seat at the bar, Larissa notices the entrance of the tengu. "Ho, friend," she tells him. "The Whitecloaks have already filled that posting, I'm afraid." She gestures at the parchment the watchman had posted earlier.

[sblock=Larissa stat block]
Larissa
Initiative: +2
AC: 21 (21 flat-footed, 10 Touch)
HP: 53 Current: 53
CMB: +7 CMD: 17
Fort: +9 Reflex: +2 Will: +7
PER Roll: +2
Current Weapon in Hand: Greatsword

Weapons:
+1 Greatsword Attack: +9 = [BAB(4) + STR(3) + WF(1) + Magic(1)]
Damage: 2d6+4, Crit: 19-20/x2,
Special: pommel is hollow, contains scripture
Pow Att w/+1 Greatsword Attack: +7 = [BAB(4) + STR(3) + WF(1) + Magic(1)]
Damage: 2d6+10, Crit: 19-20/x2,

Pilum: Attack: +4 = [BAB(4) + DEX(0) + Misc(0) + Magic(0)]
Damage: 1d8+3, Crit: 20/x2, 20' Range incr.
Special: successful strike fouls a shield

Spells prepared:
0 Level (4) Level 01 (4+1) Level 02 (3+1)
* Detect Magic * Bless * Bull's Strength
* Read Magic * Protection from Evil * Bull's Strength
* Light * Detect Evil * Grace
* Guidance * Divine Favor * D: Holy Weapon
* D: Shield of Faith

Channeling at current level: Channel 2d6,
DC 16 =(10 + 1/2 Cleric lvl + CHA +2 for Glory) for
Undead to Save. 5x/day, Selective (skip up to 2 targets)

Weapons:
+1 Greatsword Attack: +9 = [BAB(4) + STR(3) + WF(1) + Magic(1)]
Damage: 2d6+4, Crit: 19-20/x2,
Special: pommel is hollow, contains scripture
Pow Att w/+1 Greatsword Attack: +7 = [BAB(4) + STR(3) + WF(1) + Magic(1)]
Damage: 2d6+10, Crit: 19-20/x2,

Pilum: Attack: +4 = [BAB(4) + DEX(0) + Misc(0) + Magic(0)]
Damage: 1d8+3, Crit: 20/x2, 20' Range incr.
Special: successful strike fouls a shield

[/sblock]

ScorpiusRisk

First Post
"Aye Agno." Denizel finally perks back up. "This is a relatively dry well." The young man is dressed in much finer armor and clothing than when the two last met, but his joy at being back in the city has dulled due to boredom.

GlassEye

Adventurer
Agno rips the job announcement from the wall and wads up the paper.

"Is it no one's, hurrr... responsibility for the cleansing of the wall?" He tosses the paper onto the floor and snatches another one from the wall. "And this is 'Urgent! Caravan guards needed,' from nineteen months ago!"

He turns to the woman who addressed him from the bar. "Thank you for bearing the, hurrr... unhappy news to me. If the work is being scarce there is naught to do for it, I suppose. My label is Agno Phoenicus."

Noticing Denizel the tengu continues. "Ah, Denizel! To my shame, I did not see you there. I am pleased to see you, friend."

• • • • Agno Phoenicus • • • •

[sblock=Mini Stats]Agno Phoenicus
Initiative: +3
AC: 18 (15 flat-footed, 13 Touch)
HP: 36 Current: 36
CMB: +4 CMD: 17 Fort: +7 Reflex: +5 Will: +10 (+12 vs. Charm & compulsion effects)
Speed: 40 ft. (50 ft. with Longstrider)

Current Weapon in Hand:
Ammo (Arrows): 40/40 remaining
Current Conditions in Effect:

Lightning Arc: 7/7 Remaining
Channel Energy: 4/4 remaining
Agile Feet: 7/7 remaining
Hawkeye: 7/7 remaining

Cleric Spells:
Spells Prepared:
1st level: bless, divine favor, longstrider (D)
0-level: guidance, light, stabilize

Druid Spells:
Spells Prepared:
2nd level: cat's grace, chill metal, lesser restoration, eagle's splendor (D)
1st level: cure light wounds, entangle, faerie fire, shillelagh, aspect of the falcon (D)
0-level: detect magic, detect poison, flare, resistance[/sblock]

DalkonCledwin

First Post
After a long journey and a difficult battle in the depths of a dungeon that he rather not remember, Tonris returns to Venza and enters the Dunn Wright Inn. Opening the door as quietly as possible so as to not disrupt the conversations that are currently underway. He goes to a quiet corner of the Inn, and promptly calls over one of the barmaids. He orders a glass of the strongest drink that they have in this Inn so that he can relax and take his mind off of the pure chaos that he saw during his last journey.

mfloyd3

Explorer
The woman laughs wryly as the tengu voices frustration with the board. "I am Larissa Kondred," she introduces herself, rising and extending her hand. She has never met a tengu before, but shows no hesitation in seeking to take the bird-man's hand.

Seeing that Agno and Denizel know each other, she gestures to Denizel's table. "May I join you?" she asks the pair.

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
Vincenzo to Maui

"Have you ever seen such a huge bird, not to mention, talking? What would you do if your cat started talking?"

ScorpiusRisk

First Post
Denizel of course had spent the last few minutes observing the sword sister and was ready to make the same offer. She's not bad on the eyes at all. . . No. Quite above average anyway. A bit old I've bed older.

Denizel offers a reassuring smile and waves them both over. "Of course you're quite welcome Lady Kondrel. You'll have to excuse me for not inviting you sooner. I welcome the diversion." He moves his half empty bottle to the edge of the table and flashes two fingers to the waitress as she passes.

jbear

First Post
Maui replies to Vincenzo:

"Oh I don't know ... yet! But I buy a stick that will let me talk to te Cat! So I will tell him a thing or two! Ha! No more cleaning his backside while Maui is talking to him! He's lucky he is sleeping *Yawn* and that I am too tired to wake him."

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases