[Tavern Thread] The Dunn Wright Inn

mfloyd3

Explorer
Larissa nods at the tengu's gesture, and sits with them. "Thank you for the wine," she offers Denizel, taking a pull from her cup. "I must admit, I have gotten to like Venza's vintages."

DalkonCledwin

First Post
After a while, Tonris recognizes a face that he had seen once before in this very same Tavern. He stands up and walks over to the table where she sat, and says "Lady Larissa, is that you? How have you been? It has been a while hasn't it?"

GlassEye

Adventurer
Agno scoots to one side to allow room at the table for the young man in the dark blue who seems to know Larissa.

"You are, hurrr... knowing Larissa? Join us! More is the merrier, it is said."

The tengu motions to Trixie who brings another bottle of wine and a glass for Tonris.

• • • • Agno Phoenicus • • • •

[sblock=Mini Stats]Agno Phoenicus
Initiative: +3
AC: 18 (15 flat-footed, 13 Touch)
HP: 36 Current: 36
CMB: +4 CMD: 17 Fort: +7 Reflex: +5 Will: +10 (+12 vs. Charm & compulsion effects)
Speed: 40 ft. (50 ft. with Longstrider)

Current Weapon in Hand:
Ammo (Arrows): 40/40 remaining
Current Conditions in Effect:

Lightning Arc: 7/7 Remaining
Channel Energy: 4/4 remaining
Agile Feet: 7/7 remaining
Hawkeye: 7/7 remaining

Cleric Spells:
Spells Prepared:
1st level: bless, divine favor, longstrider (D)
0-level: guidance, light, stabilize

Druid Spells:
Spells Prepared:
2nd level: cat's grace, chill metal, lesser restoration, eagle's splendor (D)
1st level: cure light wounds, entangle, faerie fire, shillelagh, aspect of the falcon (D)
0-level: detect magic, detect poison, flare, resistance[/sblock]

DalkonCledwin

First Post
"It is a pleasure to make your acquaintances." Tonris says as he extends his hand to greet the two individuals that Larissa had introduced him to. Surprisingly he is undaunted by the physical appearance of the Tengu as his own background on his home Island of Illi Esse had allowed him to grow accustomed to far more unusual creatures and entities than Agno.

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
Vincenzo to Maui

A Herold rushes in bearing the tunic of house Del Vecchio da via della Rosa D'Avorio, the door swing open with a slam against the wall, Vincenzo jumping at the burst of noise and sunlight. He turns to see the source of the interruption only to groan upon seeing who it was. The harold sees Vincenzo at the same time and smiles a weary grin.

Crossing the crowded common room the herold, whose smile grins wider as he approaches, make Vincenzo's curiosity grow. "Maui, I believe some good new may have arrived by the hand of my family herold, Guinio."

Indeed when the herold arrives he produces a rolled and sealed parchment, bearing the family seal, and he hands it to Vincenzo saying, "Mi lord, Your father sends his greetings! And my thanks for being at the first place for me to look." he adds with a wink and a smile.

Reading it aloud so Maui can hear, it says:

[sblock=the parchment letter]

Greetings Vincenzo my son,

I have arranged for a cooperative business arrangement with an allied merchant at the behest of your Uncle Vincenzo. You and another of your adventuring fellows are invited to join him as guard to he horse festival of Martna. There you are to be at his side to prevent harm or robbery while his abroad from his home. you will be paid directly by him upon completion of the business and return to Venza.

I know this is your heart, so enjoy.

Your Father.

[/sblock]

"Maui, We have work in Martna! It looks like that fur rug of yours will have to move himself."

Last edited:

GlassEye

Adventurer
Agno shakes Tonris' hand and offers to pour him a drink from the bottle just dropped off by Trixie.

"Ah, thank you, Tonris! It is my pleasure as well. Like the rest of us, hurrr... I presume you come to the Dunn Wright looking for work? The wall is full of the requestings but I found none current." The tengu's eyes take on a far-away look and he muses aloud, "Perhaps I should, hurrr... make an augury."

• • • • Agno Phoenicus • • • •

[sblock=Mini Stats]Agno Phoenicus
Initiative: +3
AC: 18 (15 flat-footed, 13 Touch)
HP: 36 Current: 36
CMB: +4 CMD: 17 Fort: +7 Reflex: +5 Will: +10 (+12 vs. Charm & compulsion effects)
Speed: 40 ft. (50 ft. with Longstrider)

Current Weapon in Hand:
Ammo (Arrows): 40/40 remaining
Current Conditions in Effect:

Lightning Arc: 7/7 Remaining
Channel Energy: 4/4 remaining
Agile Feet: 7/7 remaining
Hawkeye: 7/7 remaining

Cleric Spells:
Spells Prepared:
1st level: bless, divine favor, longstrider (D)
0-level: guidance, light, stabilize

Druid Spells:
Spells Prepared:
2nd level: cat's grace, chill metal, lesser restoration, eagle's splendor (D)
1st level: cure light wounds, entangle, faerie fire, shillelagh, aspect of the falcon (D)
0-level: detect magic, detect poison, flare, resistance[/sblock]

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Georgio Caprelli, of House Caprelli

52658d1346376073-tavern-thread-dunn-wright-inn-georgio-caprelli.jpg

As the day starts to wind down, and the clientele of the Dunn Wright seems to swell, a young Venza nobleman steps into the inn's common room.

He is no regular customer or job seeker that much is evident by the wide-eyed looks he gives both the inn and those seated around the tables. And by his fine silks and velvets.

He moves to the bar and is about to ask Grog a question, but the half-orc's look stops anything the young human was about to say. Taking a step back he bumps into Marla.

"Hey! Watch where you are putting your hands there quint!" she says turning around.

"I'm so, so sorry. I... I..." his eyes go wide when he notices the small horns sticking out through the barmaids unkempt hair. "I."

"Whatever. Keep to yourself or you may lose a finger or two," she says wondering off and pulling hr hair over to cover the horns.

"What you want, boy?"
Grog says causing the young man to jump.

"I... I am looking for some people. They saved me from a gang of ruffians, but never gave me their names."
The young lad says quickly like it has been well rehearsed and then almost seems caught up in his story his trepidation around the half-orc forgotten as he remembers those who saved his life. "There was a female gnome and four human men. A mountain man, and two human warriors."

He takes a deep quick breathe warming to his subject. "One was a mercenary I think, the other a bravossi. The last I think was some sort of woodsman as his clothes were various shades of green and he had a crossbow on his back. They are all true heroes."

He stands silence after his long description watching Grog expectantly.

"Never 'erad of 'em." he says after a moment, then spits into a mug before taking a dirty cloth to wipe it out.

The young nobleman's shoulders slump slightly in defeat.

[sblock=OOC] Georgio is the NPC that will lead into Darkness Rising. I left a lot out so we will have time to RP both why he is here and getting the group together.

So far the group will be...

Tyrien - perrinmiller
Larissa - mfloyd3
Agno -GlassEye
Tonris - DalkonCledwin

And I would like to extend an invite to Denizel - ScorpiusRisk as I think the player would add to the RP and the character will add some extra healing to the group.

Sorry to jbear and anyone else who wanted in. I was told a lower level game was about to start so that others would have a game to join.[/sblock]

jbear

First Post
A Harold rushes in bearing the tunic of house Del Vecchio da via della Rosa D'Avorio, the door swing open with a slam against the wall, Vincenzo jumping at the burst of noise and sunlight. He turns to see the source of the interruption only to groan upon seeing who it was. The harold sees Vincenzo at the same time and smiles a weary grin.

Crossing the crowded common room the harold, whose smile grins wider as he approaches, make Vincenzo's curiosity grow. "Maui, I believe some good new may have arrived by the hand of my family harold, Guinio."

Indeed when the harold arrives he produces a rolled and sealed parchment, bearing the family seal, and he hands it to Vincenzo saying, "Mi lord, Your father sends his greetings! And my thanks for being at the first place for me to look." he adds with a wink and a smile.

Reading it aloud so Maui can hear, it says:

[sblock=the parchment letter]

Greetings Vincenzo my son,

I have arranged for a cooperative busines arrangement with an allied murchant at the behest of your Uncle Vincenzo. You and another of your adventering fellows are invited to join him as guard to he horse festaval of Martna. Ther you are to be at his side to preveny harm or robery while his abroad from his home. you will be paid directly by him upon completiion of the business and return to Venzaa.

I know this is your heart, so enjoy.

Your Father.

[/sblock]

"Maui, We have work in Martna! It looks like that fur rug of yours will have to move himself."
Maui's eyes, blurred red as the warm fire and the purring of his nearby companion pull him towards sleep, drag themselves back open. "Hlurrm?" he manages. He gets to his feet instinctively responding to Vincezo's call to leave though he has not really understood what is going on. With surprising gentleness he bends down and scoops up Taniwha and lays him across his shoulders. As he walks out the door he asks Vincenzo. "Who is Harold?"

[sblock=OOC]@Holy Man Not a problem. I have an inkling as to what might have gone on there. I'm sure that it's all worked out for the best. [/sblock]

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
Maui's eyes, blurred red ...*snip*... With surprising gentleness he bends down and scoops up Taniwha and lays him across his shoulders. As he walks out the door he asks Vincenzo. "Who is Harold?"

*Sigh*" Herold is not a who, but a title, like priest or elder or . . milk maid"

Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases