[Tavern Thread] The Dunn Wright Inn

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Georgio Caprelli, of House Caprelli

OOC: Think my pic got banned. Odd.

The young man takes a sip of the wine. "Thank you... sir." he says as he puts the cup back on the table.

"The headmaster is Amastus Reinos," he says seeming to warm to the chance to tell his story. "I am one of his students. Possibly the last student if no one else escaped." he adds sadly.

"After I was kidnapped by ruffians, my father sent me away to study at the fortress turned monastery of Stoneblade. There to be both protected and to learn to protect myself. You see Stoneblade is a place retired and venerable clerics of Helerion go to retire. To help support themselves they take on students for private instruction, so long as their fees are met."

Wetting his lips with another sip of the wine, he looks up to notice the still questioning looks in the gathered groups eyes. Lowering his voice he adds, "The monastery has been attacked, everyone, everyone is dead. But Master Renios says we must not bring this to the church yet, he believes they will send hundreds of soldiers to their deaths if they attack Stoneblade directly. He has a plan and he needs a small group of heroes to make it work."

The young nobleman gets a look of hopelessness and pleading in his wide blue-grey eyes. "Can you help us?"

Last edited:

mfloyd3

Explorer
Larissa considers. "The Church of Helerion?" she muses somberly. "I...recently failed to aid that church. I would redeem myself. I will hear this Headmaster's plan."

GlassEye

Adventurer
When the young man begins his tale Agno listens attentively blinking his large golden eyes. When he finishes Agno's beak gapes but he snaps it closed with a click and shakes his head.

"This is a terrible thing. Slain priests?! Who would be slaying the priests? I will, hurrr... do as I can but what can one or two or three do that hundreds of soldiers cannot? I am not much for the stealthing." Agno muses briefly before continuing. "I did not think the worshiping of Helerion was common round here. Tell me, is it much traveling to be arrived at Stoneblade?"

Appending Knowledge & Sense Motive checks.

• • • • Agno Phoenicus • • • •

[sblock=Mini Stats]Agno Phoenicus
Initiative: +3
AC: 18 (15 flat-footed, 13 Touch)
HP: 36 Current: 36
CMB: +4 CMD: 17 Fort: +7 Reflex: +5 Will: +10 (+12 vs. Charm & compulsion effects)
Speed: 40 ft. (50 ft. with Longstrider)

Current Weapon in Hand:
Ammo (Arrows): 40/40 remaining
Current Conditions in Effect:

Lightning Arc: 7/7 Remaining
Channel Energy: 4/4 remaining
Agile Feet: 7/7 remaining
Hawkeye: 7/7 remaining

Cleric Spells:
Spells Prepared:
1st level: bless, divine favor, longstrider (D)
0-level: guidance, light, stabilize

Druid Spells:
Spells Prepared:
2nd level: cat's grace, chill metal, lesser restoration, eagle's splendor (D)
1st level: cure light wounds, entangle, faerie fire, shillelagh, aspect of the falcon (D)
0-level: detect magic, detect poison, flare, resistance[/sblock]

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Georgio Caprelli, of House Caprelli

The young man brightens as Larissa offers his aid, and listens as Agno speaks. The tengu knows the boy is telling the truth and must be doing as instructed by his headmaster.

"We were attack by dark folk,"
he says with a chill in his voice as if remembering. "Somehow they got inside undetected and started slaughtering everyone. I wanted to stay and fight, but Master Renios saw that we were lost and must escape to find help. We traveled six days from Stoneblade on foot till we reached my father's home. Maybe others got out as well, I'm not sure. If you'll come with me and talk to the headmaster he could tell you more."

[sblock=OOC]Not sure what I can tell you about Helerion as he hardly has a write up as yet.[/sblock]

DalkonCledwin

First Post
"As much as I am not very found of the Priest who killed my family, I cannot say I am willing to let a travesty where in several innocents got slaughtered go unavenged. Therefore I will help in whatever way I can." Tonris explains to the others looking from Larissa to the young man and then back to Agno. He then quietly sips his drink as he considers all that the young man has to say. Hopefully this young man isn't leading them on a wild goose chase, but at the same time he hopes that the group is strong enough to face whatever dangers awaits them. At this exact moment Rex appears in the building and promptly squaks at the young man showing his own enthusiasm to join.

Rex of course being the tiny dinosaur that accompanies Tonris to just about wherever he goes. Rex had just come into the Inn with a passing Patron, Tonris says to the small dinosaur Ah Rex, good of you to join us, where have you been my friend?" the Dinosaur Squaks once again, this time at Tonris who says "I see, I see."

Last edited:

Qik

First Post
Finishing his own beer, Ni thanks Heinrich for the follow-up and sets into it with an unexpected gusto given his unassuming stature. In between sips, he watches Tonris, Agno, and the others chat, content to listen rather than participate for a change. After a while, his attention wanders, and the gnome starts animating the condensation on his mug into short-lived water elementals.

Grog frowns, but says nothing for the moment. He's watching, though.

nimientioquijuil-smaller-e1336011034261.png
lumoies-e1336011022912.png
[sblock=Stats]Nimientioquijuil
HP: 30/30
AC: 17 (Touch: 13, Flat-footed: 15)
CMB: 0 CMD: 12 Fort: +3, Ref: +5, Will: +5 (+7 vs Illusions)
Perception: +2
Initiative: +2

Current Weapon in Hand: None

Summon Monster I: 6/11
Spells:
- 0: DC 16; Infinite
- 1: DC 17; 5/5
- 2: DC 18; 2/3

Active Magic:
- Summon Monster II - Earth Elemental

Eidolon: Summoned
HP: 20/20
Eidolon AC: 21 (Touch: 13; FF: 18)
CMB: +5 CMD: 17 Fort: +4 Ref: +5 Will: +0
Perception: +8
Initiative: +3

Natural Weapons:
- Bite:
+5, 1d6+3
- 2 Claws: +5, 1d4+3[/sblock]​

Qik

First Post
Meanwhile, the lean half-elf continues to keep to himself in the back of the inn, silently nursing a cup of water and taking in the other patrons with his wide, watchful eyes. He seems content to be alone, although not in an actively-antisocial way.

mesem-adrarda-portrait-small.jpg

[sblock=Stats]Mesem Adrarda
[sblock=Bound Stats]Initiative: +1, Perception: +8
HP: 16/16 real + 16/20 temporary
AC: 21 (Touch: 11 Flat-footed: 20)
AC: +2 vs evil
CMB: +6 CMD: 17
Fort: +2 Ref: +2 Will: +8 (+10 vs enchantments)
Saves: +2 vs evil

Natural Weapons:Bite (+6, 1d6+4), 2 Claws (on feet) (+7, 1d4+4)
[/sblock][sblock=Unbound Stats]Initiative: +0, Perception: +7
HP: 18/18 real
AC: 10 (Touch: 10 Flat-footed: 10) CMB: +1 CMD: 11
Fort: +3 Ref: +1 Will: +8 (+10 vs enchantments)[/sblock]Current Weapon in Hand: Nodachi: +6, 1d10+6, 18-20/x2

Summon Monster I: 4/4
Spells: 0 - Infinite, 1 - 3/3

Active Magic:
None
[/sblock]​

perrinmiller

Adventurer
[sblock=Helerion]I have been using that Deity like a version of Heironeous from the Greyhawk pantheon.

I have placed a chapter house full of priests and paladins in Venza that has recurred in my urban adventures. Recently one of their top scholars was assassinated by devils, after losing their Patriarch to a nefarious plot that ambushed the top paladin and his squire outside the city by a horde of goblins.

In keeping with those events, that would leave the church of Helerion short-handed on top level people. Minus one 8-9thlevel Paladin and a 7th level cleric, they have reason to outsource to adventurer's. :p[/sblock]

mfloyd3

Explorer
Larissa nods, and pours a cup of wine for the lad. "We will talk to this headmaster," she assures him. "But have some wine to steel your nerves. A plan requires a clear head and a stout heart. I think perhaps one cup will help you balance the two."

[sblock=ooc] Do we want to keep the DWI RP running a bit longer while we wait for Tyrien? Or are we ready to jump to the next scene?[/sblock]

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
What to do when a fire elementalist gets chilled

Finishing his own beer, Ni thanks Heinrich for the follow-up and sets into it with an unexpected gusto given his unassuming stature. In between sips, he watches Tonris, Agno, and the others chat, content to listen rather than participate for a change. After a while, his attention wanders, and the gnome starts animating the condensation on his mug into short-lived water elementals.

Grog frowns, but says nothing for the moment. He's watching, though.

"Hey Ni, You watch me do This before, Ja?"

Heinrich stands nonchalantly and saunters to the hearth. As he approaches, the flames pull toward him like he is a flame magnet. A quick wink to Grog, who rolls his eyes and shakes hid head, and the flames wrap themselves around the human like a friendly embrace.

[color=3d3d3d3d]"eh! You burn down da inn an I beat you to bloody pulp, Wizard!!"[/color], shouts Grog.

"Ahhhhhhhhhhhh!" sighs Heinrich. "Ni You try?" His flame red hair is lost in the enveloping hearth fire, his mouth in a contented smile.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases