[Tavern Thread] The Dunn Wright Inn - Page 286


What's on your mind?

  1. #2851
    Registered User
    Cutpurse (Lvl 5)

    Qik's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    New Orleans, US
    Posts
    1,925
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    ° Ignore Qik
    My communities:

    Despite Ni's first-hand knowledge of Heinrich's comfort and ability with fire, the red-headed mage's display makes Ni uncomfortable. For a moment, the gnome freezes, until Grog's shouting snaps him into action.

    "Sorry, Heinrich, ol' buddy, ol' pal, ol' friend, I know you know what you're doing, but..." The gnome looks to his mug, resting on the bar with its miniature army of condensation-elementals waiting milling around in the absence of any instructions. Ni issues a few liquidic words in their tongue, and the living droplets swarm forward, coalescing as they move across the bar. By the time they reach Heinrich, they're a three-foot high coordinated mass of fire extinguishment. They hit the enflamed mage with a colossal sizzle, throwing up a cloud of steam to match.

    While Heinrich collects himself, now dripping wet and no longer ignited, Ni deftly lunges over the bar and grabs a free towel. The gnome nimbly picks his way over to Heinrich, wearing his widest cheshire grin as he starts to towel the mage off. "Sorry, buddy, oh so sorry, I know, I know, I know you know what you're doing, but I was getting a bit nervous, what with all the dry wood and all in here, and ol' Grog seemed to be close to an aneurysm, and planes-creatures know that he has a hard enough time as it is to get plain folk in here, what with all us crazy quote-unquote 'adventuring types' and all..."

    The gnome towels off Heinrich thoroughly, all apologies.

    OOC: Don't mean to douse your fun, Scott; take it with the best of intentions. Ni likes to keep as many people as possible as comfortable as possible.... He'll make it up to Heinrich on down the road.


    Stats
    Nimientioquijuil
    HP: 30/30
    AC: 17 (Touch: 13, Flat-footed: 15)
    CMB: 0 CMD: 12 Fort: +3, Ref: +5, Will: +5 (+7 vs Illusions)
    Perception: +2
    Initiative: +2

    Current Weapon in Hand: None

    Summon Monster I: 6/11
    Spells:
    - 0: DC 16; Infinite
    - 1: DC 17; 5/5
    - 2: DC 18; 2/3

    Active Magic:
    - Summon Monster II - Earth Elemental

    Eidolon: Summoned
    HP: 20/20
    Eidolon AC: 21 (Touch: 13; FF: 18)
    CMB: +5 CMD: 17 Fort: +4 Ref: +5 Will: +0
    Perception: +8
    Initiative: +3

    Natural Weapons:
    - Bite:
    +5, 1d6+3
    - 2 Claws: +5, 1d4+3

 

  • #2852
    Registered User
    Grandfather of Assassins (Lvl 19)

    Scott DeWar's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Miscatonic U. professor of supernatural studies-Emeritus [Greater Nashville area, Tenn.]
    Posts
    20,208
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    OSRICEN PublishingPathfinderCircvs MaximvsGygax Memorial FundThe Perturbed Dragon

    ° Ignore Scott DeWar
    My communities:

    re: raining on my ballgame

    my reaction
    wahhhhhhhh! wahhhhhhhh !! wahhhhhhh!*sob* wahhhhhhh!!


    "ein Hand wńscht die andere" *sigh* The fire mage brushes himself off as water falls and turns into steam that wisps away. [prestidigitation]" I guess I deserve this. Das summons ist goot und useful." He nods in appreciation as the ale on the floor from the ale elemental continues to dry up with the minor spell.
    Last edited by Scott DeWar; Thursday, 13th September, 2012 at 01:12 AM.
    Check out Living Pathfinder! 76 83 92 102 109 115 members and counting!!

  • #2853
    Registered User
    Cutpurse (Lvl 5)

    Qik's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    New Orleans, US
    Posts
    1,925
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    ° Ignore Qik
    My communities:

    "I know I know..." nods Ni, once again bluffing through his not understanding Heinrich's native tongue. The gnome continues to towel down the mage long after it's needed.

    Finally seeing his work is complete, Ni nods in affirmation at Heinrich's latter comment. "Yup yup - pulling out the life in things can be very useful, indeed, very useful indeed." Ni surveys the room for a moment - steam billowing, patrons gaping - with pride at a job well done.

    "Ist zeit fur mehr beer, yeah?"

    Stats
    Nimientioquijuil
    HP: 30/30
    AC: 17 (Touch: 13, Flat-footed: 15)
    CMB: 0 CMD: 12 Fort: +3, Ref: +5, Will: +5 (+7 vs Illusions)
    Perception: +2
    Initiative: +2

    Current Weapon in Hand: None

    Summon Monster I: 6/11
    Spells:
    - 0: DC 16; Infinite
    - 1: DC 17; 5/5
    - 2: DC 18; 2/3

    Active Magic:
    - Summon Monster II - Earth Elemental

    Eidolon: Summoned
    HP: 20/20
    Eidolon AC: 21 (Touch: 13; FF: 18)
    CMB: +5 CMD: 17 Fort: +4 Ref: +5 Will: +0
    Perception: +8
    Initiative: +3

    Natural Weapons:
    - Bite:
    +5, 1d6+3
    - 2 Claws: +5, 1d4+3

  • #2854
    Registered User
    Grandfather of Assassins (Lvl 19)

    Scott DeWar's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Miscatonic U. professor of supernatural studies-Emeritus [Greater Nashville area, Tenn.]
    Posts
    20,208
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    OSRICEN PublishingPathfinderCircvs MaximvsGygax Memorial FundThe Perturbed Dragon

    ° Ignore Scott DeWar
    My communities:

    "Ja! two more beer please Marla?"
    Check out Living Pathfinder! 76 83 92 102 109 115 members and counting!!

  • #2855
    Thy wounds are healed! SILVER SUBSCRIBER
    Magsman (Lvl 14)

    HolyMan's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    hagerstown md
    Posts
    12,362
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    ° Ignore HolyMan
    My communities:

    Georgio Caprelli, of House Caprelli

    Quote Originally Posted by mfloyd3 View Post
    Larissa nods, and pours a cup of wine for the lad. "We will talk to this headmaster," she assures him. "But have some wine to steel your nerves. A plan requires a clear head and a stout heart. I think perhaps one cup will help you balance the two."

    "Thank you,"
    Georgio says taking the wine then a sip. "The headmaster can tell you more. I'll take you to my home right away if your ready."

    OOC
    OOC: Do we want to keep the DWI RP running a bit longer while we wait for Tyrien? Or are we ready to jump to the next scene?
    [/QUOTE]

    Not sure myself I could start the IC and have perrinmiller's character join in at the manor. If everyone else is ready will do that.
    My UPDATED Signature is here

    And come join in the creation of a new living world here: Living Pathfinder

  • #2856
    Registered User
    Cutpurse (Lvl 5)

    DalkonCledwin's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    The Blood Plains of Stovokor
    Posts
    1,095
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    ° Ignore DalkonCledwin
    My communities:

    OOC: I am good with moving to an In Character thread that is distinct from the Dunn Wright Inn
    Fae'shiel Aeros, Level 5 || Tonris, Level 6

  • #2857
    Registered User
    Defender (Lvl 8)

    perrinmiller's Avatar

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Tokyo, Japan
    Posts
    7,589
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    GM's DayGygax Memorial FundPathfinder

    ° Ignore perrinmiller
    My communities:

    OOC: Tyrien is available now, but I don't want to hold things up. Have her meet them there, please.
    Playing & DMing: PF and SWSE

  • #2858



    A handsome youth, not older than 20, draped in a gleaming suit of metallic scales, laced together in overlapping rows resembling the roofing tiles, entered the tavern. A long hilt of a great sword stood out from his right shoulder, secured on his back by a leather strap that ran diagonally down his chest. Over its scabbard was a bulky backpack, presumably loaded with travelers' essentials, clearly suggesting the warrior, at worst a sellsword, must be going on a journey. Across his waist was a sturdy leather belt that held on to a sheathed dagger on his left, and a arrow holster on his right. His left hand curled firmly on the short bow grip.

    Almost every pair of eyes turned to peer and sized him up as he picked an empty table and slammed against the back of the chair. He looked exhausted. He surely was after traveling a long way from his hometown, mostly on feet and occasional hitched rides on passing wagons. He had heard of promising work in this city, one that required services of his skill set. And from grapevines he learned that someone here would link him up to a decent paying job.

    He looked around for the tavern tender, while his hand slid into his pouch to feel for the number of coins he had left. Not much indeed.

  • #2859
    Registered User
    Grandfather of Assassins (Lvl 19)

    Scott DeWar's Avatar

    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Miscatonic U. professor of supernatural studies-Emeritus [Greater Nashville area, Tenn.]
    Posts
    20,208
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    OSRICEN PublishingPathfinderCircvs MaximvsGygax Memorial FundThe Perturbed Dragon

    ° Ignore Scott DeWar
    My communities:

    Heinrich nudges Ni, "eh, ein newcomer?" Then to Marla as she passes by, "Eh frauline Ein ale fur weary newcomer there."

    To the youth who just arrived, an ale is delivered, Heinrich, not very old himself, raises his mug in a salute' to him.

    general description

    Gender: Male
    Age: 21
    Height: 5' 10"
    Weight: 165 lbs.
    Hair Color: flame red
    Eye Color: Blue
    Skin Color: fair
    Appearance: well groomed, clothing neat and clean, of good repair
    Demeanor: not snooty, but confident.

    Speaks in a thick accent of a far off barony

    Check out Living Pathfinder! 76 83 92 102 109 115 members and counting!!

  • #2860
    Elric grabbed the mug and drained it dry in a single gulp. He was surely thirsty. With foam still on his lips, he gave gentleman a friendly grin, "Much thanks! Damn, this really help with my thirst. I am Elric, what's ye name?"

  • + Log in or register to post
    Page 286 of 423 FirstFirst ... 186236276277278279280281282283284285286287288289290291292293294295296336386 ... LastLast

    Similar Threads

    1. Even Newer(er) Tavern Thread: The Hanged Man
      By L4W Facilitator in forum Living 4th Edition
      Replies: 2972
      Last Post: Thursday, 13th November, 2014, 08:15 PM
    2. New Tavern Thread: The Hanged Man
      By L4W Facilitator in forum Living 4th Edition
      Replies: 1006
      Last Post: Saturday, 9th January, 2010, 03:02 AM
    3. Tavern Thread: The Hanged Man
      By L4W Facilitator in forum Living 4th Edition
      Replies: 1014
      Last Post: Tuesday, 7th July, 2009, 06:14 PM
    4. Close LEB Tavern Thread
      By stonegod in forum Meta
      Replies: 2
      Last Post: Wednesday, 8th August, 2007, 12:13 AM
    5. Tavern Tales ooc thread.
      By jasamcarl in forum Talking the Talk
      Replies: 7
      Last Post: Friday, 23rd July, 2004, 04:27 AM

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •