[Tavern Thread] The Dunn Wright Inn

Qik

First Post
Despite Ni's first-hand knowledge of Heinrich's comfort and ability with fire, the red-headed mage's display makes Ni uncomfortable. For a moment, the gnome freezes, until Grog's shouting snaps him into action.

"Sorry, Heinrich, ol' buddy, ol' pal, ol' friend, I know you know what you're doing, but..." The gnome looks to his mug, resting on the bar with its miniature army of condensation-elementals waiting milling around in the absence of any instructions. Ni issues a few liquidic words in their tongue, and the living droplets swarm forward, coalescing as they move across the bar. By the time they reach Heinrich, they're a three-foot high coordinated mass of fire extinguishment. They hit the enflamed mage with a colossal sizzle, throwing up a cloud of steam to match.

While Heinrich collects himself, now dripping wet and no longer ignited, Ni deftly lunges over the bar and grabs a free towel. The gnome nimbly picks his way over to Heinrich, wearing his widest cheshire grin as he starts to towel the mage off. "Sorry, buddy, oh so sorry, I know, I know, I know you know what you're doing, but I was getting a bit nervous, what with all the dry wood and all in here, and ol' Grog seemed to be close to an aneurysm, and planes-creatures know that he has a hard enough time as it is to get plain folk in here, what with all us crazy quote-unquote 'adventuring types' and all..."

The gnome towels off Heinrich thoroughly, all apologies.

OOC: Don't mean to douse your fun, Scott; take it with the best of intentions. Ni likes to keep as many people as possible as comfortable as possible.... He'll make it up to Heinrich on down the road. :)

nimientioquijuil-smaller-e1336011034261.png
lumoies-e1336011022912.png
[sblock=Stats]Nimientioquijuil
HP: 30/30
AC: 17 (Touch: 13, Flat-footed: 15)
CMB: 0 CMD: 12 Fort: +3, Ref: +5, Will: +5 (+7 vs Illusions)
Perception: +2
Initiative: +2

Current Weapon in Hand: None

Summon Monster I: 6/11
Spells:
- 0: DC 16; Infinite
- 1: DC 17; 5/5
- 2: DC 18; 2/3

Active Magic:
- Summon Monster II - Earth Elemental

Eidolon: Summoned
HP: 20/20
Eidolon AC: 21 (Touch: 13; FF: 18)
CMB: +5 CMD: 17 Fort: +4 Ref: +5 Will: +0
Perception: +8
Initiative: +3

Natural Weapons:
- Bite:
+5, 1d6+3
- 2 Claws: +5, 1d4+3[/sblock]​

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
re: raining on my ballgame

[sblock=my reaction]wahhhhhhhh! wahhhhhhhh !! wahhhhhhh!*sob* wahhhhhhh!![/sblock]

"ein Hand wäscht die andere" *sigh* The fire mage brushes himself off as water falls and turns into steam that wisps away. [prestidigitation]" I guess I deserve this. Das summons ist goot und useful." He nods in appreciation as the ale on the floor from the ale elemental continues to dry up with the minor spell.

Last edited:

Qik

First Post
"I know I know..." nods Ni, once again bluffing through his not understanding Heinrich's native tongue. The gnome continues to towel down the mage long after it's needed.

Finally seeing his work is complete, Ni nods in affirmation at Heinrich's latter comment. "Yup yup - pulling out the life in things can be very useful, indeed, very useful indeed." Ni surveys the room for a moment - steam billowing, patrons gaping - with pride at a job well done.

"Ist zeit fur mehr beer, yeah?"

nimientioquijuil-smaller-e1336011034261.png
lumoies-e1336011022912.png
[sblock=Stats]Nimientioquijuil
HP: 30/30
AC: 17 (Touch: 13, Flat-footed: 15)
CMB: 0 CMD: 12 Fort: +3, Ref: +5, Will: +5 (+7 vs Illusions)
Perception: +2
Initiative: +2

Current Weapon in Hand: None

Summon Monster I: 6/11
Spells:
- 0: DC 16; Infinite
- 1: DC 17; 5/5
- 2: DC 18; 2/3

Active Magic:
- Summon Monster II - Earth Elemental

Eidolon: Summoned
HP: 20/20
Eidolon AC: 21 (Touch: 13; FF: 18)
CMB: +5 CMD: 17 Fort: +4 Ref: +5 Will: +0
Perception: +8
Initiative: +3

Natural Weapons:
- Bite:
+5, 1d6+3
- 2 Claws: +5, 1d4+3[/sblock]​

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Georgio Caprelli, of House Caprelli

Larissa nods, and pours a cup of wine for the lad. "We will talk to this headmaster," she assures him. "But have some wine to steel your nerves. A plan requires a clear head and a stout heart. I think perhaps one cup will help you balance the two."

"Thank you,"
Georgio says taking the wine then a sip. "The headmaster can tell you more. I'll take you to my home right away if your ready."

[sblock=OOC]
OOC: Do we want to keep the DWI RP running a bit longer while we wait for Tyrien? Or are we ready to jump to the next scene?
[/QUOTE]

Not sure myself I could start the IC and have perrinmiller's character join in at the manor. If everyone else is ready will do that.[/sblock]

natshikrak24

First Post
http://www.rpdom.com/members/wuming.16791/ http://www.rpdom.com/members/wuming.16791/
Final_Fantasy_14_Online_Stoic.jpg

A handsome youth, not older than 20, draped in a gleaming suit of metallic scales, laced together in overlapping rows resembling the roofing tiles, entered the tavern. A long hilt of a great sword stood out from his right shoulder, secured on his back by a leather strap that ran diagonally down his chest. Over its scabbard was a bulky backpack, presumably loaded with travelers' essentials, clearly suggesting the warrior, at worst a sellsword, must be going on a journey. Across his waist was a sturdy leather belt that held on to a sheathed dagger on his left, and a arrow holster on his right. His left hand curled firmly on the short bow grip.

Almost every pair of eyes turned to peer and sized him up as he picked an empty table and slammed against the back of the chair. He looked exhausted. He surely was after traveling a long way from his hometown, mostly on feet and occasional hitched rides on passing wagons. He had heard of promising work in this city, one that required services of his skill set. And from grapevines he learned that someone here would link him up to a decent paying job.

He looked around for the tavern tender, while his hand slid into his pouch to feel for the number of coins he had left. Not much indeed.

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
Heinrich nudges Ni, "eh, ein newcomer?" Then to Marla as she passes by, "Eh frauline Ein ale fur weary newcomer there."

To the youth who just arrived, an ale is delivered, Heinrich, not very old himself, raises his mug in a salute' to him.

[sblock=general description]
Height: 5' 10"
Weight: 165 lbs.
Hair Color: flame red
Eye Color: Blue
Skin Color: fair
Appearance: well groomed, clothing neat and clean, of good repair
Demeanor: not snooty, but confident.

Speaks in a thick accent of a far off barony

[/sblock]

natshikrak24

First Post
Elric grabbed the mug and drained it dry in a single gulp. He was surely thirsty. With foam still on his lips, he gave gentleman a friendly grin, "Much thanks! Damn, this really help with my thirst. I am Elric, what's ye name?"

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases