[Tavern Thread] The Dunn Wright Inn

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
DArreo sits up as a girl enters the inn. He stares for more than a few seconds (which is noticed).

{{ It's not her. }} he says to himself and then realizes that the woman is staring back (angrily). Turning a slight shade of red he mumbles something before picking up his drink to hide behind.

Rhydius

First Post
Rhydius: Human, Ranger Lv2

A dark haired head shoots up from it's rest on one of tables at the doors thump against the wall from the newcomer's entrance. The startled young man groans putting one hand to his head. He looks around for a moment, his motions slower, and more cautious than his initial reaction. It's obvious to any who notice him, that he's experiencing the after effects of too much of the "gud Stuf."

"Where'd they go?" he mutters to himself, followed by "How long have I been out?" His brow furls in thought, then goes lax, his face displaying mix of shock and terror, "Merciful Callisto! Why did I insult that whitecloak!" Standing suddenly as he says this last, he groans again, then collapses back into his chair, and holds his head. [sblock=Mini Stats]
Rhydius-face.jpg

Rhydius VanDarver
Initiative: +6
Current Effects: None
AC: 17 (13 Flat-footed, 14 Touch)
HP: 20/20
Move: 30'
CMB: +3 CMD: 17
Fort: +3 Reflex: +7 Will: +1
Weapon in Hand: None

Weapons:
Dagger: Attack: +06 Damage: 1d4+2
Rapier, Silversheen: Attack: +07 Damage: 1d6+2
Shortbow: Attack: +06(+7*) Damage: 1d6+1*
Normal Arrows (15)
*Point Blank Shot within 30'

Rangers Focus: +2 to attack and damage on declared target. Remaining:1/1 per day[/sblock]

Anya Vost

"Make it what he had!" she calls out, hooking a thumb over her shoulder towards Rhydius as she passed by, taking up a seat near D'Arreo. She tosses the server a few silver coins as her meal is brought over and quickly downs the mug, motioning for another. As she utterly devours the food before her the adjoining patrons on either side decide to find safer, cleaner seats; leaving her sitting next to the older crossbowman.

"So, what is it someone with a casta lorga like that finds so interesting about little old me?" she says, pushing the now empty plate back towards the center of the table.

[sblock="Translations"]casta lorga, idiom, sylvan; literally "complex club" or "high tech stick"; an overly complicated tool or weapon[/sblock]

Last edited:

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
"Umm.. casta what?" Darreo mumbles to himself.

"Greetings I'm Darreo of Venza. And you are?"
he asks as he extends a hand.

Last edited:

"Anya, of the West." she enthusiastically replies, shaking Darreo's hand with a grip that shouldn't belong to a little girl. "Casta lorga-" she starts, motioning to the contraption Darreo had laid out on the table earlier. "If a weapon is harder to use than 'try to force this part through your enemy' it's a casta lorga... unless it's a bow... or something any idiot could use I guess."

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
"I am an idiot for getting caught up with all this," he replies mostly to himself.

Holding the weapon up he says to Anya in a serious tone, "It's Gnomish." as if that should explain everything, but by the young blonde's expression he's not so sure.

"The ammunition goes in this canister here." he says pointing to the round metal bowl under the bow staff. "It's called the belly, because all you have to do is pull on the tickler, here." he turns the crossbow over to show an elaborate trigger connected to the draw string. "And it turns the belly giving you a fresh loaded quarrel in less than the time it takes to blink."

Again he notices the expression and puts the bow back on the table. "Your right it is 'casta lorga' so perhaps a new name is in order."

Thinking for a moment he then puts on a smile. "How about Caslora - the idiot's bow." he says with a laugh.

The befuddled expression leaves her face with his last comment. She gives a nod before agreeing "Casta lorga, a complicated club." With a look up and down the man she continues "You're a bit tall for a gnome. I fought with one once."

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
"Me a gnome," Darreo says laughing. "No, no. I'm human I just work with a gnome. Or for him by the way he tells it. He actually invented Caslora here." he adds with a nudge of the weapon.

"Then he taught me how to use it," he says a bit proudly. "Said there was no one else who could wield it so well."

He looks over Anya's weapons and then remembers the firm handshake. "Your more into close quarters fighting, I take it."

"Jirago jungles. With practice you can see almost as far as you can throw. You can see clearly about as far as you can lunge." She quickly downs a mug from the server before motioning for another again. "There are the highlands though. Climbed up when we were kids, nothing but flat rock to the horizon. Wind gusted strong enough to send an arrow back at its archer. He couldn't outrun one of the plants back down in the jungle. Never went up there after that, bad mojo."

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
"So is that what's brough tyou to Venza? The bad mojo around your homeland?" Darreo asks wondering why a young girl sets out so far from home - alone.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases