[Tavern Thread] The Dunn Wright Inn

Anya gives a hearty laugh at the suggestion. "Maybe it was. My father married me to a merchant some years ago. Never wanted to leave, kept trying to go back, eventually my he stopped sending advetnurers to retrieve me." She gives another short laugh before emptying one last mug, studying the bottom for a bit before waving the server off. "But I'm no sailor, and passage costs more pieces of shiny metal then I've made lately. This jungle is lively enough for now though." she finishes, motioning around them in general for emphasis before settling her weight on her elbows, relaxing with a half-
gallon of ale on her stomach.

Last edited:

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
"Your married?" Darreo asks eying the young woman anew. "I wouldn't.. I mean your so... young." he stammers out not knowing exactly what to say to that.

"Your husband he sent adventurers after you ? Or your father?"

"My husband..." she chuckles to herself "No matter how many of his lackeys wound up in the ground, he always had the coin to persuade more to drag me back." There is a sudden pop and Anya flinches slightly as one of the inn's clay mugs gives way to her tightening grip. She shakes her head, brushes away the damp clay fragments, and relaxes onto the table again. "Gave up years ago though, sometimes wonder what finally convinced the old man it wasn't worth it. Never heard from my father after he married me off and they hauled me away, jungle can take him for all I care."

Last edited:

blackwlf

First Post
Umralar: Wayang Ninja Lv1

Umralar pushes through the door, opening it just far enough to slide carefully into the tavern. His eyes dart around suspiciously as he stands just inside the doors for a moment before moving over to the nearest corner to take a seat.

His gray skin seems to almost fade into the shadows of the corner as he surveys the room, clearly not at ease with so many people around him.

Psylence

First Post
Well, the previous person may have slipped in. The man who came came in next paid no such methods of careful movement. Indeed the next man swaggered in! And why not! It was time for some

"ALE!" He calls once his swagger carries him enough to the bar that he could be heard. Yes, Ale. That lovely liquid that.... he starts patting at his pockets on the long coat. A frown begins and he starts turning as he goes to reach for his backpack. Half a rotation later he realizes that rotating will not get him any closer, not to mention that the jingling didn't seem to come from it. He instead goes back to the front of himself and begins patting anew.

"AH!" He announces as a hand thrusts into a pocket and removes a few copper from where they hide. He slaps them down on the top of the bar and begins his waiting of the requested liquid. His hands begin to rub together and a grin spreading across his mouth. Then speaking to anyone nearby who might want to listen or add in, "Best way to begin a journey! Ale!"

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
"Or to end one," Darreo offers raising his mug in hello. "I see this place is getting rather busy. That usually is good news," he says taking a short drink. "Means there may be some offers of work and adventure on the way as well."

OOC: blackwlf why don't you roll a Stealth check. I'll see if Darreo is perceptive enough to spot Umralar (though I highly doubt it).

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
OOC: Oh I see.

Darreo gives the odd small humanoid a look over his mug as he finishes a drink. The man's curiosity gets the better of him and he calls out across the room.

"You! Grey Gnome! I'm sorry but I have never seen a person such as yourself before. And I'm sure my boss would kill me if I didn't ask what race are you and where your from."

Psylence

First Post
"Well! I'd actually have to be on an actual adventure to agree with that." Dyre responds to Darreo. His own mug shows up and he takes a solid slug. Dyre leans on the bar with the arm not holding the mug of Ale. His mouth curves into a grin and he gives a noncommittal motion that says more of deference than anything.

His mouth opens to continue as the man then announces toward another. His brow furrows and he turns about so his back is leaning against the top, both elbows leaning on the wooden surface. His eyebrows arch and his head nods some as his mouth pushes up in a 'nice catch' sort of motion. His head turns to look back to Darreo for a moment, then back to Umralar. "I'll send that question. Though it wouldn't be my employer that would kill me, merely curiosity."

OOC: I'll swap up my text color to differentiate it a bit more. Also, thanks for the welcomes from everyone!

blackwlf

First Post
Umralar grimaces at being called a gnome, but crosses the room to speak with the men regardless. His voice is somewhat harsh and oddly low.

"My name is Umralar, and I am no more gnome than you are ape. I am a Wayang, from Sumbru."

He glances around for an empty stool, pulling it over and hopping up easily to sit at the bar.

"And what of the two of you? Where do you come from, and why here? It seems a popular location."

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases