[Tavern Thread] The Dunn Wright Inn

Psylence

First Post
He looks a bit incredulously at the Wang's... Wayang's response and then, with a movement of his Ale mug, he gestures in the direction of the docks. He flashes a grin and says "I'm from over that-a-way. But I can always get back to that." He leans forward, pushing free of the bar much like a dingy casting free from a mooring line. Then, with a could powerful strokes (or in this case just a step to two) he moves some to allow Umralar a bit more room in maneuvering a stool and what not.

"But first, you aren't getting off that easy." He gestures a bit with the mug o' Ale in the direction of the 'Wayang' now, instead of the docks. It seems he's proficient in the use of a mug as a gesturing tool, and took the feat to avoid spilling. He shakes his head from side to side. "What in the nine-realms of the inner sea's locker is a Wayang?" With his 'peace' said he leans back against the bar once more, the lines again secured with figure-eights. He takes a drink from his mug, enjoying the frothy Ale within, well it was a little frothy-er now with all the gesturing and nautical similes.

sunshadow21

Explorer
Thuvian Darklight, lvl 3 illusionist

A dark cloaked figure slips in and finds a corner table. After orrdering a drink, he takes the hood off, and a tiefling is revealed underneath. A couple of seconds later, a snake coils its way from one of his pouches to the table where she can more comfortably eat when the meal arrives.

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Darreo nods with a small smile at Dyre's question. "If you are up for it Umralar, a little story of your race and this Sumbru place, would be most welcome."

Darreo doesn't pay much attention to the wizard's entrance as people come and go all the time. Would he had seen the snake setting itself down as if getting ready for dinner, he would have been quite mystified.

Hearing Anya's advice he wonders where his next road will lead him.

OOC: Glad EnWorld is back up and running. Wish I had time for more serious updates. Will hit everything tomorrow night between watching football. BTW is there a 1st lvl game around for all the newbies??

blackwlf

First Post
Umralar shrugs slightly. "There is little for me to tell. The city fell shortly after I was born, and both of my parents died during the cataclysm. I survived by myself in the ruins until I was taken in by another survivor, a cleric of my Lady."

The grey creature pauses, considering how much to tell these strangers of his quest. The Lady would not have sent him here without reason, but these people may not be that reason.

"He raised me for a time, then I set out on my own. There is little else to tell of it."

He looks around a bit before ordering something to drink. This was already more talking than he had done in some time.

Psylence

First Post
"Well, that's as interesting as swinging about the ship on a jib line and all. But I meant your whole... ape comment." The mug swings around a little again as he begins his whole mode of conversation. It's a gesture that encompasses the people in the near vicinity, as if lumping them all into the idea of being the after-image of ape evolution. Then the mug drops down, gesturing about the height of a gnome as he continues his train of though.

"How does the Wayang compare to the Gnome? Are you saying that your race, at one time, used to be a Gnome? Or that you and the Gnome race share some common ancestor?"
Dyre seems to have an interest in this new race of people he's just learned of. The ale line soon drops anchor once his thoughts were tossed onto the deck. It comes to a full stop as it reaches his lips, taking another swig of it as he acquiesces the talking to others.

(OOC: I don't think there's any level 1 campaigns yet for us new folk. If there are, I guess I don't know where to check?)

blackwlf

First Post
Umralar drums his fingers nervously on the bartop, glancing around at the room.

"There are tales that say gnomes are our ancestors, yes. Far, far in our past. My adopted father told me of it. It is. . . frowned upon, to speak of this to outsiders. It is perhaps acceptable to say that once we followed the tenets of our Lady, and were blessed to become what we are now. This is what was told to me by my adopted father."

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
"My boss, he's a gnome. So you can understand my curiosity I hope. I didn't mean to try and pry." Darreo says a bit sheepishly.

"How about we drink?"
he asks to change the conversation.

OOC: If no knew adventures come about in the next couple weeks I'll see what I can do. But to help me a break down in party composition would help. Who are all the 1st lvl characters ready to go?

Psylence

First Post
"Well that," Dyre Blackreef says, "makes a lot more sense with the Ape comments." He pulls the mug up once more and takes a solid swig from it as his attention turns to Darreo momentarily, "Drink? I'm already half-a-flagon ahead of ya. I think now you should be 'catching up'." He flashes a grin as the cup is lowering down like a sail being reefed in reverse.

Dyre favors the right elbow to lean against the bar, incidentally that arm is the one which has a mug firmly in his grip. His head turns to look about the others who had recently be talking - always best to pass the stories around and addresses the lady, "Scáth?" he asks an eyebrow perching up top the crow's nest... well, it would be a crow's nest if he was old enough to have crow's feet.

(OOC: Figure, might as well try to address most of the people who have talked. As an aside, nice blackwlf, fun sounding backstory - I'll have to give it a read!)

"Fear scáth... shadow men. Always trouble, dark places are bad juju; and you should both be catching up." she says as she grabs two flagons from a passing wench and downs both in a single, fluid motion. The brew finally seems to be having some affect on the young woman as she wears a vacant smile for a few moments before nodding. "Good stuff."

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases