[Tavern Thread] The Dunn Wright Inn

Anya give a nod to the crossbowman before rising and shaking off the effects of the ale. "I'll see you around." she says, before heading to the back and through the door of tthe private room.

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Darreo gives a raise of his mug to the departing woman.

Inwardly he cringes as he thinks of what the sailor said - "If there's sailing to be done, I'm damned well going to be doing it too."

He takes a drink to hide his sour expression - {{ If there's sailing to be done, then I damn well want nothing to do with it.}} he thinks to himself.

OOC: Just adding to my character to both keep him out and develop him further. Guess I need to make up a story of a bad sailing trip - hmmm could have been on a gnome ship, that might work.

GOOD LUCK to all the newbies - Have fun!

blackwlf

First Post
Muttering under his breath as he stands, Umralar heads for the back room.

Why did it have to be sailing? Never even seen water larger than a river.

WindCrystal

First Post
An incredibly unfamiliar face enters the tavern, and with a sweeping gaze finds it just as unfamiliar to him. The youthful looking man rustles his belt in preparation, then begins walking through with a casual stride. He manages to avoid looking at most of the male patrons, and hands out smiles to the remainder kind, only for the returning looks to be less than pleasant and turned away.

He reaches the bar and drums his fingers upon it while speaking, "I would like a...". He stops, looks over at the announcement, and then looks back to Grog with a point of his thumb, "I'll have what he's having, actually!" And hurries towards the back room without bothering to get to know anybody.

Last edited:

A slender figure swamped in orange robes sweeps into the tavern, cards spiralling around her in a dizzy whirl of activity. She snaps her fingers, and the cards pile themselves neatly into a deck, like a spring coiling - apart from one, which hangs there in midair, glowing slightly.

"...The three of wands. A new beginning, and a leap of faith. Poetic, really."

Without ordering a drink, she seats herself at a nearby table, shuffling her cards and concentrating, muttering under her breath as she does so.

Systole

First Post
A bald dwarf with strangely pale eyes enters the tavern. With a half-nervous, half-longing look at the tiefling barmaid, he scurries into a corner, keeping his
head down. Taking a table, he fidgets until the she makes her way over to him.

"What'll you have?" she asks.

"Uh ... uh ..." he stammers.

She rubs her forehead and exhales. "Another newcomer who can't speak Venzan? Ugh, I don't have time for this tonight. Do you want a drink? Yes or no."

The dwarf's head bobs up and down.

"You know the word 'beer'? You want a beer?"

He nods again, still speechless.

"Okay, fine. I'll have Grog bring it over to you." She walks away.

As she gets back behind the bar, the dwarf begins despondently thumping his head on the table.

[sblock=Mini Stats]
CavernousHode_150.jpg
MisterDickens100.jpg

Cavernous Hode
AC: 15 (13 flat-footed, 12 touch)
HP: 20/20
CMB: +1 CMD: 13
Fort: +5 Reflex: +2 Will: +7
Speed: 20'

Perception: +9
Initiative: +2

Current Weapon in Hand: None
Current Conditions in Effect: None
0th level spells (DC 14): Create Water, Detect Magic, Read Magic, Stabilize
1st level spells (DC 15): Magic Stone, Produce Flame, Shillelagh

Mister Dickens
AC: 15 (11 flat-footed, 15 touch)
HP: 23/23
CMB: +1 CMD: 14 (17 vs. Trip)
Fort: +4 Reflex: +6 Will: +2
Speed: 40', 20' Swim, 20' Climb

Perception: +5

Current Weapon in Hand: Natural weapons (+5, 1d4/x2)
Current Conditions in Effect: None[/sblock]

stanleyindraven

First Post
A new face enters the main room. His hair a disheveled dirty blonde, with brown eyes and dressed in natural colored clothes. His feet are bare and dirty, his hands callused and a backpack slung over his shoulder. He walks with a strange grace for looking like a beggar, but will sit at a table and watch the goings-on silently.

thechosen2nd

First Post
A lithe young elf woman enters the tavern, with an exotic looking small feline padding silently along at her side. The elf grins mischievously yet sociably as she glances around the bar while taking off her dark cloak, revealing a loose, low-cut tunic and skirt in earthy colors. She saunters up to the bar and orders a hard cider, while her cat gracefully leaps up onto a table near the fire with ease, before curling up for a nap. Although the feline appears significantly different from a normal house cat, both in size and coloration (it looks something like a small jaguar) it is certainly behaving like one. After paying for her drink, the elf lady joins her cat at the table and begins stroking its fur.

"Indeed, it has been a long day, hasn't it, Sanguine?"

The cat purrs in response. While the elf continues slowly stroking Sanguine and casually drinking from her mug, she scans the room for any interesting characters or interactions going on around her. She holds her gaze on the bizarre bald dwarf thumping his head on a table for a moment, before suddenly letting out a peal of laughter (much to the annoyance of her cat.)

She walks over to the dwarf and casually plops herself down across from him.

"What's the matter, friend? Did you think your nose was too big and decide to flatten it a bit against the table?"

She laughs uproariously again for a moment before calming down.

"Of course, I mean no insult to the size of your nose, I am only joking. But perhaps if you tell me what is bothering you, I might be able to cheer you up?"

Systole

First Post
The dwarf stares at her chest and sighs dejectedly. "Cavernous Hode appreciates the elven maiden's sympathy and attention, but sadly her bodice is of little interest to him. Which is not to say that Cavernous Hode does not think that the aforementioned elven maiden's bodice is in any way not inconsiderably unexceptional in the field of bodices belonging to maidens of elvish decent! Verily, he proclaims, it is a work of elven art! It is simply that his heart belongs to the bodice of another." He looks with longing at the tiefling behind the bar.
[sblock=Mini Stats]
CavernousHode_150.jpg
MisterDickens100.jpg

Cavernous Hode
AC: 15 (13 flat-footed, 12 touch)
HP: 20/20
CMB: +1 CMD: 13
Fort: +5 Reflex: +2 Will: +7
Speed: 20'

Perception: +9

Current Weapon in Hand: None
Current Conditions in Effect: None
0th level spells (DC 14): Create Water, Detect Magic, Read Magic, Stabilize
1st level spells (DC 15): Magic Stone, Produce Flame, Shillelagh

Mister Dickens
AC: 15 (11 flat-footed, 15 touch)
HP: 23/23
CMB: +1 CMD: 14 (17 vs. Trip)
Fort: +4 Reflex: +6 Will: +2
Speed: 40', 20' Swim, 20' Climb

Perception: +5

Current Weapon in Hand: Natural weapons (+5, 1d4/x2)
Current Conditions in Effect: None[/sblock]

kinem

Adventurer
Menik, elf wizard 3

blood_elf horde long_hair pointy_ears white_hair world_of_warcraft.jpg

Menik enters the tavern, ready for a drink after a long day of travel back from his latest adventure. He sits at the bar. "Honey mead please."

Once he has some mead in him, he looks around for familiar faces.

Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases