[Tavern Thread] The Dunn Wright Inn

thechosen2nd

First Post
Kris looks down at the dwarf with a hand on her hip, and raises an eyebrow as he stares somewhat inappropriately at her chest. At first she seems a bit offended, but she soon cracks a wry smile, and and shakes her head.

"What with all of those double negatives it's hard to tell if that was a compliment or not... but I suppose I shall take it as one. In any case, if my assumption is correct, it would appear you have a bit of a crush on our tiefling bartender? Although, I must ask, does the term 'bodice' imply something different in this part of the world? My understanding is that it is simply an article of clothing..."

Systole

First Post
"Sadly, there is no direct translation of 'bodice' in either Dwarven or Pech," the dwarf replies. "A definite gap in a young dwarf's classical education, Cavernous Hode feels. Verily, it was only when Cavernous Hode discovered a cache of Venzan literature that he became aware of the term, as the ripping of bodices was a common theme throughout the books. And so, his curiosity piqued, Cavernous Hode resolved to visit Venza and determine what a bodice actually was. Since arriving, he has become a bodice aficionado, although he still has yet to rip one himself."

He sighs. "Cavernous Hode is beginning to feel that this goal may be unattainable. And if he never rips a bodice, then he despairs that he will ever discover what 'heaving bosoms' or 'quivering loins' are, as bodice ripping seems to be a necessary antecedent to those things." He shakes his head sadly.

[sblock=Mini Stats]
CavernousHode_150.jpg
MisterDickens100.jpg

Cavernous Hode
AC: 15 (13 flat-footed, 12 touch)
HP: 20/20
CMB: +1 CMD: 13
Fort: +5 Reflex: +2 Will: +7
Speed: 20'

Perception: +9
Initiative: +2

Current Weapon in Hand: None
Current Conditions in Effect: None
0th level spells (DC 14): Create Water, Detect Magic, Read Magic, Stabilize
1st level spells (DC 15): Magic Stone, Produce Flame, Shillelagh

Mister Dickens
AC: 15 (11 flat-footed, 15 touch)
HP: 23/23
CMB: +1 CMD: 14 (17 vs. Trip)
Fort: +4 Reflex: +6 Will: +2
Speed: 40', 20' Swim, 20' Climb

Perception: +5
Initiative: +2

Current Weapon in Hand: Natural weapons (+5, 1d4/x2)
Current Conditions in Effect: None[/sblock]

sunshadow21

Explorer
Dr. Thaddeus Roustabout (recruiting NPC)

As the crowd is occupied, no one takes particular note of a small cloaked figure that quietly slips through the door; nor do they see him slip through the common room, staying just long enough to get the attention of one of the serving girls. A while later, Grog bangs on a metal mug to get everyone's attention. "Oy, greenhorns, a gent is back in room 3 with a simple job for you. Look lively now, slots are bound to fill quickly."

[sblock=recruitment for Special Delivery]Special Delivery is an adventure for 4 1st levels. Go ahead and head back to room 3 and introduce yourselves.[/sblock]

thechosen2nd

First Post
Kris does her best to keep a straight face throughout the dwarf's monologue about bodices, but sadly her efforts prove fruitless, as she tries to cover her guffaws under the guise of a feigned cough.

"Well my dear sir Cavernous, I am indeed sorry to hear of your plight, and were there anything I might do to aid you in your quest for heaving bosoms and quivering loins, know that I would jump at the opportunity."

Hearing Grog's announcement interrupt her, Kris raises an eyebrow and turns back to Cavernous.

"Well now, here is an interesting turn of events. A simple job for a bit of coin might do nicely. I think I might just check out the offer. Until next time, Cavernous. Unless, of course, you would care to join me?"

Kris stands up and puts her cloak back on, pausing momentarily to see if Cavernous intends to check out the job as well.

Satin Knights

First Post
Tasanto returns to the inn for a bit of refreshment and more work. Upon entering, he recognizes the bald dwarf. An elven maiden seems to be flirting with him before she gathers her things and makes her way to the back. Her bodice seems to be intact, so it seems his old acquaintance is having another unfulfilled day. Not wanting to interrupt possibilities, Tasanto finds a quiet table to sit at and order dinner. Before the waitress makes her way over, he starts scanning and searching the room. The mangy rat is somewhere, and it is best to know where, rather than be surprised.

possum

First Post
Minutes after Tasanto enters the bar, Dolgrin returns to it. Those who have seen the dwarf in the inn before notice that the beatup and partially rusted axe on his back has been replaced with a shiny new one, a few runes carved into the blade. "Mead, please." He says as he walks up to the counter.

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
Lem also enters the Inn, on the heels of Tasanto and Dolgrin. He's all smile as he plops himself down at the bar. "Another day done, another necromancer defeated!"

SuperZero

First Post
A young halfling enters the inn, trudging slowly under the weight of a backpack that's obviously too heavy for him to easily carry.
He looks around nervously for a moment, but he feels more comfortable as he realizes how well his unfamiliar surrounds match up with the expectations he had received from his siblings' letters.

He briefly considers sitting down, ordering a drink, talking to people and getting the lay of the land... but he hardly needs the rest yet and he knows he's where he wants to be. Most likely there wouldn't be anything for him to do immediately and he'd end up doing those things anyway for a while, but the sooner somebody knows he's looking for a job the sooner they'll have something to tell him.

He moves toward Grog, sliding onto a stool and dropping his pack underneath it. "Um, hello," he says, slowly at first but his confidence growing. "My sister started an adventuring career at this inn a while ago. Someone here--might've even been you--pointed her in the direction of some travelers looking for guards. I don't suppose you might be able to do something like that for me?"

Antal is surprised to be immediately directed to Room 3. He hadn't expected to find something quite so quickly.
His heart beating fast, he swings his pack onto his back once again and proceeds, reassuring himself that this is good fortune and that he's ready for what he will face.

Remove ads