[Tavern Thread] The Dunn Wright Inn

Systole

First Post
GM: We've still got room for 2 more in Tower of Power. And we're still waiting on [MENTION=6704633]Forgottenhelm[/MENTION] . Adventure will be closed to new interest as of Wednesday.

Note: If you do not have two approvals but want to come, send me a PM and we'll fast-track your approval.

sunshadow21

Explorer
Quillian

A dusty looking halfling prominently wearing the holy symbol of the Stormlords strolls in and steps up to the bar, "The usual please. Anything exciting happen while I stepped out?"

SinisterRogue

First Post
After finishing his meal and taking a few light sips from his drink, Aeron grabs his backpack from the ground and slings it over his shoulder as he approaches the Inn's posting board. Briefly scanning over the jobs, his eyes find the most recent posting from the Land Owners and Cultivators Guild. Seeing as how he could use the good coin and with work having been scarce for the past few weeks, Aeron takes a moment to memorize the location to sign on while hoping that they can still use another sell-sword. Having made note of the location and the name of the employer, Aeron turns and heads out of the Dunn Wight Inn.

Gorgon Heap

First Post
The door opens - and almost shuts again before a slender hand stops it. A woman walks in with faltering steps, a sense of hesitance in every movement.

For all the odd characters who've entered the Inn, of unusual race or remarkable bearing, this human still feels oddly misplaced. Her complexion is darker than native Venzans, and indeed most people of the Landadel, and she wears all leathers and furs of an unrefined make. Her hair is extremely long and dark and is bound with twists of red leather and accented by a downward plume of feathers. Her face bears a wide stripe of blue paint and white paint on her lips. She carries a large bow and a small, lumpish backpack.

She examines nearby tables nervously and too quickly to take in any real detail, and, raising her chin, strides toward the bar with a look of feigned determination. She looks very much like she's trying to ignore any looks coming her way - real or imagined.

She says to the barkeep, "I will have a ... wine." It's phrased almost like a question, and her accent flattens vowels in a peculiar way.

The Dunn Wright's front door swings open, and Garadh enters, clearly weary from the road.

Sitting down at an unoccupied table, he calls, “One ale, please.”

He settles in and watches for possible opportunities...

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
ADVENTURERS WANTED!!!

The local city guard of Venza has a reputation for professionalism unmatched by most of its peers. However, every organization has its exceptions, and one of those has just stumbled into the Dunn Wright Inn. The slovenly and slight-overweight Corporal Murphy half-stumbles, half-charges into the establishment and heads right for the bar. He orders up a shot of something vile, downs it in one swift gulp, and then slams the drink back onto the flat surface of the bar table with a dull cracking sound. He orders a beer, then peers out into the crowd. ”Darn it, I don’t recognize any of you yahoos, but I heard this is the place to go find adventurers of daring-do! There’s trouble brewing and no one will believe and do something about it. I’m looking for a handful of hardy adventurers willing to give a pack of crusty old pirates a few lengths of metal in the gullet. I need some locals willing to take on the legendary Tower of Sezrakan.” He gives another hard look at the crowd from over the rim of his mug, almost daring someone to laugh.

And laugh some might. The tower is a children’s tale. Hundreds of years ago, it was the home to Sezrakan the Elder, a mage of great renown who cherished his privacy. What became of the mage is a mystery; one day he simply vanished and never returned, and his tower disappeared into the depths off the coast of Venza. Different stories speak of Sezrakan’s fate, each tale more outlandish than the last. Children are often put to sleep with stories about how the tower spire appears off the coast only once every decade or so, during nights shrouded in fog. Each story does share one similar aspect, however; that a great black, magical pearl powers the magic of the tower, protected by deadly traps and guardians.

OOC: Looking for four to six 1st level characters for a watery dungeon called the Tower of the Black Pearl.

Gorgon Heap

First Post
Concerned with her own safety, the savage woman takes a long step back to allow the corporal to crash into the bar unimpeded. As he grumbles and sputters she watches others' reactions.

No one seems overly alarmed, and she recognizes the bulging uniform as belonging to the sprawling city's guardians. She quickly decides put on a good face before an authority figure and roomful of professional ruffians.

"I do not know your tower, but pirates are thieves, yes? I would fight thieves.

"I am Lightfeather."

OOC: I'm sure she'll just hear the abovementioned rumor in moments anyway.

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
Looking for 3-5 more 1st level characters for the Tower of the Black Pearl.

Corporal Murphy looks Lightfeather up and down, then says, "You look like you know how to use that hatchet and bow. Yes, you'll do quite nicely. Do you have any friends who might join you. As talented as you seem, you will be outnumbered if you go it alone and I've seen the toughest go down to a knife in the back."

OOC: Welcome aboard, Lightfeather! As soon as we get a few more I'll put up the first post in the Playing the Game section.

Remove ads