[Tavern Thread] The Dunn Wright Inn

Gorgon Heap

First Post
Looking very self-conscious, the young woman admits, "I'm only just arrived in this city, and do not know anyone. Not anyone who would help with this."

OOC: Thanks! I'm patient.

Grayn

First Post
The door of the Inn swings open and a large silhouette of a half-orc steps in, pausing at the entrance while ducking down to miss the top of the door jam with his head. The half-orc's broad shoulders and barrel chest block the sun that is shining outside. Floor boards groan under his weight as he walks to an empty table towards the back.

He lifts the table with one meaty hand, making enough room so that he can slide onto a protesting bench. Ignoring a group of Halflings that were sitting next to his table as they quickly gather their belongings and move to the other side of the inn, he settles in and waves to the man behind the bar, pointing to the barrels of ale. The bartender, understanding the request, has a young girl deliver a large flagon of ale. She nearly drops it on the table and doesn't stick around to see if the half-orc wants anything else.

"Hey, Thuk!" a man yells from across the room. The man walks across towards Thuk as a group of young sailors follows his lead. They all appeared to be the same crew from one of the many boats passing through the area. "Thanks for the help on our last trip. If you are looking for more work, we are heading down south and I could use someone like you to help keep this crew in line." The sailors laugh loudly at the idea that they could ever be "out of line".

"Not this trip, Bos'n." Thuk responds, "You don't pay enough for me to have to deal with that crew, anyway." Only a few of the younger crewmen chuckle at Thuk's answer, not sure if it was a compliment or insult. Bos'n just chewed his lip, while staring at the half-orc with undecided contempt.

"Well, good luck on your adventures. I hope you find something interesting, Thuk." Bos'n said as he led his crew back to the bar.

Thuk downed half his flagon and quietly looked around the Inn, surveying the patrons for any opportunities.

OOC: Duece Traveler, I am trying to send you a PM but your inbox is full.

Last edited:

Grayn

First Post
The half-orc spots what appears to be a city guard stumble into the Inn. The guard knocks over a couple chairs and nearly runs over a human woman before she steps to the side to let him pass to the bar. The half-orc loses interest and returns to his flagon of ale until he hears the guard start yelling about pirates.

The half-orc stands up and straightens his tunic, pulls his cloak over his shoulders and tightens the belt across his chest that holds his long, curved falchion tight on his back. He walks over to the guard at the bar.

It sounds like you need some help with some pirates.” the half-orc says “I can take care of that, as long as the pay is good. That will leave the girl to take care of the children’s tales.” He points a thumb in the direction of the human woman standing next to the guard that was talking about the Tower of Sezrakan to the guard before his arrival.

My name is Dimb’antar Thuk. You can call me Thuk, if you hire me.

Last edited:

Garadh stands up and turns to face the newly arrived corporal. "Pirates, you say? They have been a scourge for a long, long time. I had thought the Tower of Sezrakan was gone long ago, its survival only a legend... but if you know where it may be found, I'm in."

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
Corporal Murphy nods at the newcomers, Garadh and Dimb’antar Thuk, and says, ”Aye, I do know the way to the spire. My grand pappy used to take me out on our boat and fish over the spot while telling his tall tales. I also know that the local pirate, Savage Quenn, and his crew are moving on the site tonight. They wouldn’t be doing so if they did not think that tonight would be the night.” Corporal Murphy’s logic seems weak, based on rumors and tall tales. But should the chance at him being wrong be taken, whether one is motivated in stopping local thugs and pirates, or the tale of the pearl itself?

OOC: We have Garadh (Human Fighter), Thuk (Half-Orc Barbarian), and Lightfeather (Human Goti Ranger) on board. Still waiting for 1-3 characters, then I'll put up the IC Thread.

Last edited:

Red Knight

First Post
Cid chews on a piece of boar meat as a fat clumsy guardsman bursts into the inn, nearly knocking a few patrons and a waitress to the ground. His attention is turned back to the meal in front of him until he hears the mention of the Tower of Szerakan. At the mention of the tower several other patrons show interest in helping the fat Corporal, Cid shared their interest in finding the fabled tower and claiming the treasures it may hold.

"I would offer my services as well, if they are still needed." Cid replied as he finished the last of his ale. "I would also suggest an individual versed in the magical arts would be of us all well, whether it be arcane or divine." He looks over the patrons that stepped forward to see if any claim to be such a person, but after a long moment nothing. "My offer still stands. I've had my fair share of encounters with pirates in my travels and wouldn't mind relieving them of both their freedoms and treasure."

OOC: I'll create a mini stat block once the IC goes up.

Last edited:

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
"Aye, a magic wielder would be good, but so would a locksmith and trapspringer, or one of those cloistered folks. I heard there might be some old traps to worry about. Still, you got yourselves a nice group for raw power. Let's hit the backroom and make our plans." Corporal Murphy takes the four volunteers to the back of the Inn.

OOC: Welcome on board to Cid. We could use a rogue, but four warrior types will work. Isn't Garadh level 2 now? IC thread here: http://www.enworld.org/forum/showthread.php?334297-LPF-Tower-of-the-Black-Pearl-(DM-Deuce-Traveler)

We could probably take one more if anyone interested.

Red Knight

First Post
Cid gathers his gear before following the Corporal to the back of the inn. "A thief. Yes I suppose an agent of the shadows would do as well." He looks to the man with a bit of concern on his face.

Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases