[Tavern Thread] The Dunn Wright Inn

GlassEye

Adventurer
Orlando Furioso 'Fury'

Orlando's face, or rather Fury's, darkens and his brows draw together and he starts to make a retort clearly unaccustomed or sensitive to jesting. He stops and then laughs, suddenly and loudly. "Ha! If we were on the byways of Planks I'd perforate you and tip you into the muck, so you must be right about the wine." Still chuckling he raises his glass to Nathan and leans back again to watch new dramas taking place within the tavern.

jkason

First Post
Nathan Tchanlach, human sorcerer

Orlando's face, or rather Fury's, darkens and his brows draw together and he starts to make a retort clearly unaccustomed or sensitive to jesting. He stops and then laughs, suddenly and loudly. "Ha! If we were on the byways of Planks I'd perforate you and tip you into the muck, so you must be right about the wine." Still chuckling he raises his glass to Nathan and leans back again to watch new dramas taking place within the tavern.

Nathan's face goes blank a moment as the man talks about perforating him, then he gives a nervous laugh at the reprieve. He drinks in silence for a while, not quite sure his tongue won't get him into trouble again if he speaks.

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
Pari Kalikasan - Gnome Druid

The dim room brightens momentarily, dust motes dancing in the sunlight streaming through the open front door. The figure sillouhetted in the golden light is small - an inch or two over three feet tall and wiry with it. Once he steps in and lets the door fall to behind him his short dark orange hair and nut brown skin are visible. His eyes glow the tawny gold of a great cat in the torchlight.

The little man looks around for a moment then strides confidently to the bar. His mottled green and brown leathers creak slightly as he walks, and he looks around at the other patrons with a lively curiosity.

"Ale, please. Something amber if you've got it."

[sblock=OOC]Tagaiwi the Tiger is out in the stable. Pari planted a shortspear in his stall and gave him the 'Guard' command with the spear as the target. There's a "Beware of Tiger" sign on the stall door.[/sblock]

Songdragon

Explorer
The gnomish woman looks over at the newcomer and smiles and in gnomish greets him, "Greetings. I am Zelena Andu, a priestess of Ral. Would you care to join me for a dink and some friendly conversation?" She motions to the bat stool next to her.

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Markus watches as the taproom starts to fill up. He was never very good around so many people, but he knows that in his new chosen profession he had better get use to it.

Still he stays silently in the corner sipping his new ale and wondering what he has gotten himself into.

[sblock=OOC] Hmmm... I have to go and make Markas a wallflower incase I run the first adventure (he can't be in it). But this is good I picture him at later levels as a leader of men, so it adds to the character development. [/sblock]

Last edited:

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
The gnomish woman looks over at the newcomer and smiles and in gnomish greets him, "Greetings. I am Zelena Andu, a priestess of Ral. Would you care to join me for a dink and some friendly conversation?" She motions to the bat stool next to her.

"Kumutsá, Zelena! Nice to see another Gnome . . . I've been weeks on the road and haven't laid eyes on another of us since I left Tal Hallow." He indicates to the barkeep that his ale should be delivered to the seat next to Zelena as he makes his way over. "I'm Pari . . . a humble disciple of Kevan the Wanderer."

Last edited:

InVinoVeritas

Adventurer
Kanli turns to the startled human monk and responds, "Do not fear, the shadow denizens have retreated to their stone-barrows for now. Only their tendrils wave in the air, warning them of danger. We are quite safe from them for the next three days."

GlassEye

Adventurer
Nathan's face goes blank a moment as the man talks about perforating him, then he gives a nervous laugh at the reprieve. He drinks in silence for a while, not quite sure his tongue won't get him into trouble again if he speaks.

Fury doesn't seem to notice Nathan's new-found reticence brought on by Fury's own low-class bluntness and casual reference to violence. He gently elbows the quiet man next to him and says, "Ho, look at that. Another gnome. You can't walk two paces in this city without stepping on some puddle-jumping halfling. But you don't see gnomes every day and here I've seen two."

Fury drinks a bit of wine. "So, Nathan, you said you were looking for work? What are you looking for? If you were the laboring sort I doubt you'd be in here. So, what gives?"

Walking Dad

First Post
Ta-Am-Ath (Human Monk)

Kanli turns to the startled human monk and responds, "Do not fear, the shadow denizens have retreated to their stone-barrows for now. Only their tendrils wave in the air, warning them of danger. We are quite safe from them for the next three days."

Ta looks ups seemingly to see the half-orc the first time. His skin tones similar, but more 'natural' than that of the half-orc. "May I join you? Ypo seem to have knowledge in thinks I am interested in."

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases