[Tavern Thread] The Dunn Wright Inn

Lindeloef

First Post
„Oh a nice Dice game? Sounds fun, if you nice gentlemen don’t mind me joining. My name is Robert“ says Robert, stepping closer to the two Humans.

Turning to the red haired one the says:
“That accent sounds interesting, may I ask from which part of the world you are from? It sounds a bit familiar but I can’t put my finger down where I heard that before.”

[sblock=@Scott DeWar] Native German speaker here. Not sure what you mean with "Lets see dice, gefällig sein." Google translator? I asume you used please, so in this case it would be "sehr gerne".
Also "Heinrich ich heiße." should be "Ich heiße Heinrich".

Just as a help, if you do this that way on purpose, ignore this ;)
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
[sblock=@Scott DeWar] Native German speaker here. Not sure what you mean with "Lets see dice, gefällig sein." Google translator? I asume you used please, so in this case it would be "sehr gerne".
Also "Heinrich ich heiße." should be "Ich heiße Heinrich".

Just as a help, if you do this that way on purpose, ignore this ;)
[/sblock]

[sblock=@Lindeloef]
Thank you. This is not on purpose, I am American and only speak American-english. And yes: Google translator. When it was bable fish, it was much better, but now google owns it. *blah*

"Please is what I was trying to ask. At least google got the first half right. *happy dance*

I will make my corrections right smart. Keep me honost: keep the corrections coming, sehr gerne![/sblock]

Last edited:

Mr.Tinker

First Post
"After the few minutes, The red haired man turns around, sufficiantly warmed by the fire now, an looks to the alchemist, Morgrym.

"Guten tag, Mein herr. Würfelspiel, eh? Lets see dice, gefällig sein." He smiles, offers his hand,"Heinrich ich heiße."

Before Morgrym accepts Heinrich's hand, he takes a quick look at the fireplace, half expecting the flame to follow the Elementalist like a nice little familiar. Seeing that is not the case, he sends the red haired man a reassured smile. He introduces himself once more and gives him a firm handshake. " a game of dice is always welcomed brother "

„Oh a nice Dice game? Sounds fun, if you nice gentlemen don’t mind me joining. My name is Robert“ says Robert, stepping closer to the two Humans.
The alchemist gestures the newcomer to take a seat and join them " the more the merrier. Are you lad's familiar with dwarven poker dice? " he says with glee. Hopefully that also meant more coin in his pocket Morgrym thought. Grabbing one of the barmaids he orders a round of ale for the table and collects his dices' from his backpack.

Turning to the red haired one the says:
“That accent sounds interesting, may I ask from which part of the world you are from? It sounds a bit familiar but I can’t put my finger down where I heard that before.”
" I wondered the same " and he scratches his head " haven't been that much out of Seithr Mountains "

[sblock= Dwarven Poker Dice]

The game is basically just like poker, just with dice. The player that starts that round must pay the minimum blind/wager. The blind rotates to the next player at the end of each game. Each player rolls once at the start of the turn with six d6 and depending on the rolls decides to keep some or none of his rolls. Only the players who do not have the blind can decide if they want to pay the minimum wager to participate or fold. The player who starts, is the last player that can act during each turn . All players can decide to raise once pr. turn and all other players must pay equal amount of coin in the pot in order to continue to participate. This game ends at second round.
Suggestion for Blind and minimum wage: 1 silver. Maximum maybe at 3 silvers?
Rolls Order:
Nothing — five mismatched dice forming no sequence longer than four. Pair — two dice showing the same value. Two Pairs — two pairs of dice, each showing the same value. Three-of-a-Kind — three dice showing the same value. Five High Straight — dice showing values from 1 through 5, inclusive. Six High Straight — dice showing values from 2 through 6, inclusive. Full House — Pair of one value and Three-of-a-Kind of another. Four-of-a-Kind — four dice showing the same value. Five-of-a-Kind — all five dice showing the same value. [/sblock]

Last edited:

Mr.Tinker

First Post
OOC: like the game : Yatzee?

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/search/1195820

5d6=16

sample throw: pair of duces

OOC: Yes, that might better explain the game rules. To make things easier, lets list all of the rolls which in your case would be: 2,6,1,5,2 and you are missing 1d6. You selected to keep a pair of duces, so your next roll, next turn will be with 4d6. Or if you have a better system, please say so ;-)

Scott DeWar

OOC: huh, I thought I read 5d6, not 6d6

sample second hand

3d6=7 3,3,1

two pair: duces and three

google translator:

zwei Paar: duces und drei

to par: cerer og tre

OOC: 3 silver per hand then?

Last edited:

Lindeloef

First Post
OOC: 3 silver sounds fair enough

"okay I think I got the rules, lets see if my dice luck is with me" Robert says putting some silver coins on the table that he is willing to use for gambling.

6d6=25

a pair of sixes.

"not a bad start"

[sblock=@scott]zwei Paar: duces und drei -> zwei Paare: zweien und dreien. If I should stop correcting google translator, say so ;) [/sblock]

Mr.Tinker

First Post
" not too shabby Robert " says Morgrym as he takes the dices and puts a small pouch of coin on the table. " Let's see if I can top that " . He is about to roll the dices when a barmaid arrives with the ale, which she accidentally spills on Morgrym. " Heinrich, maybe you should go first, while I clean myself up " and he turns to the barmaid " its a alright lass, but would be so kind to get us lads another round ?!"

[sblock=Poker Dice]
Is there another dice roller other than invisiblecastle ? I have been trying to register but I am not getting any mails.

Alright, I am going to keep track of who as the blind and how big the pot is. Since Robert started, I hope its alright that I give him the blind and he has to pay 1 silver. Heinrich and Morgrym can roll without paying 1 silver and take a look at their roll before they decide to participate.

Round 1
Robert - a pair of sixes - Blind (must pay 1 silver)
Heinrich
Morgrym

Pot: 1 silver, so far !

[/sblock]

Scott DeWar

pot = 2 silver

Heinrich grunts, and rolls the dice
*Rattle rattle rattle* the dice thump as they roll on the wooden table top

6d6=30 [5,6,6,4,5,4] = (30)

"zwei Paare. fünf und sechs"

[sblock=Lindeloef] sorry, duces was my bad[/sblock] He throws in a silver.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases