[Tavern Thread] The Dunn Wright Inn

jbear

First Post
Maui sits bolt upright as he is woken by the affable stranger and in his confusion almost steps into the fire. His senses returning just in time, he instead accidently steps on Taniwha's tail. The cheetah's awakening is sudden and violent, the perpetrator (namely Maui's foot) bears the brunt of it. Maui calms the beast, taking several scratches and nips to his hands and forearms before doing so. A face of few friends turns to regard the person who awoke him so suddenly and caused the painful kerfuffle. "Why are you shouting in te ear of Maui when I am having te moemoe? Has someone boiled your head?"
His eyes drift off the smiling man leaning on the back of the chair where he sat moments ago, as though sensing something of more pressing interest. His eyes light upon the other wild feline that has stalked into the tavern. Almost in unison Maui's eyes, blurred red with tired, narrow and Taniwha's ears prick up. Maui takes a firm hold of his cheetah's scruff and he warns in a low voice. "Kaore!" Taniwha issues a low growl of protest at the order to desist, his tail twitching in annoyance and anticipation, hackles raised. Maui, having quickly lost interest in his awakener, barks and order in his sharp native tongue. "E noho ki konei!" The cheetah sits and remains where it is obediently, though its eyes are fixed purposefully upon the other spotted feline. Maui strides over to the other big cat and quickly identifies its master.

His eyes meet Galandra's eyes, and he holds the gaze as though assessing her for an uncomfortably long moment. The slight smile that wrinkles the edges of his mouth and the twinkle in his eye seems to indicate his annoyance has melted into finding the situation increasingly agreeable. At last he announces "To have te peace in te Hall of Heroes, te cats must do te Smelling of Tails. Te cat tails and te master tails. Do you agree? Do you have te control of te cat so te Smelling of Tails does not become te Showing of Claws?"

Last edited:

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
"huh, I thought that butt sniffing was a dog thing." says Vincenzo loud enough for boots to hear.

Last edited:

WindCrystal

First Post
Amien keeps himself leaned against the chair, letting the tension of the cats subdide for a moment until he finds an opportunity to return the query in a forced cheerful tone, "Shouting? You must be mistaken, Amien spoke to Maui more softy than a mother's hum." being quick to pick up on the name that was easily dropped, "I have never had my head boiled, but I've seen a few individuals in my time that would love to try."

Soon Amien finds himself trying to engage conversation with someone clearly only interested in cat things, much to his dismay. It's becoming more apparent, especially since after his last visit to the tavern, that he is very not good at socializing with people somehow. Clearing his throat loudly, Amien tries to recapture Maui's attention, "I was actually hoping to find a showing of claws... but of the.. cooperative kind." he glances between the cats, imagining the kind of teamwork that wouldn't be possible. Amien also thinks it's a dog sniffing thing, but must keep to the topic, "And... Hmm... Peace outside the Hall of Heroes. You see.. me... and she.." he points to Galandra, "need some help in a very noble task, both figuratively and somewhat literally, and I figured you would be a good start in pointing me in the right direction." He then puts back on his smile, if he manages to get Maui's attention again at least.

jbear

First Post
Without taking his eyes from the woman Maui responds to his friend's not so quiet comment to Boots. "Handsome Blade, who knows about te cats and where they like te sniffing? You or Maui? Te dogs and te cats are not te friends, but some things they share. And if Taniwha is going to share te territory of te Hall with another cat ... then he will be doing te Sniffing of Tails to decide."

Still holding the gaze of the woman maui responds to the jovial fellow who seems to be inviting him on an adventure. "Maui doesn't understand all of te words you say Dream Killer, but if you are with she, and you want Maui's help, then te cats must decide if we can be friends. If Taniwha says no, then Maui says no. Taniwha is te king, and I am but te Finder of his Buffalo Milk."

This last sentence is said in a tone that hints strongly at the fact the jungle warrior does not entirely believe that is their actual relationship, but that it amuses him to pretend that it is so to a certain extent. In silence, Maui remains awaiting Galandra's response.

OOC: Re: Dogs have exclusivity on sniffing butts: Link
Methinks that is enough to give what Maui is doing at least enough of a shred of credibility in this fantasy world to move forward :p

soulnova

Explorer
Galandra looks at the other cat. "Uh-oh" she glances down at Mika, but she doesn't seem at all affected by the other cat's presence or at least is quite amused by it. "Yeah... uhm, sure. Mika, heel. Smell the other cat"

The leopard walks to the cheetah with her tail high. "...Slowly" Mika stretches her neck to just enogh to smell each other faces. She gives a small growl of approval and lets herself drop to the floor, patting Taniwha as an invitation to play.

WindCrystal

First Post
Amien is unable to give himself a chance to enjoy the 'Dream Killer' nickname given to him because his attempts to persuade somebody is hinging on a couple of stray cats actually liking each other, which is an impossibility for the territorial challenged. "I can't believe we're actually going through with this..." Amien rubs the skin of his brow slightly, and already looking around the tavern again to see if there is someone without a cat that he would try to talk into joining with them.

jbear

First Post
Taniwha pads over to the leopard, tail raised, high. After giving Mika a good sniffing and being sniffed, he moves to sniff the ranger, tail raised high in offer of being sniffed, ignoring the offer to play.

"Come to Maui, Mika" the jungle warrior purrs at the leopard. presenting his own buttocks for inspection.

true-darkmoon

First Post
Bel watches bemusedly at the Sniffing Ceremony, almost forgetting that he had overheard a job being offered. He qickly makes his way to find Mr. Silvers in Room 3.

soulnova

Explorer
Mika sniffs Taniwha's butt out of curiosity. Then the leopard rubs her head against the slimmer cat and tries to drop her playfully. Mika is still small (as large as an average dog) and quite young herself and is delighted to have a "partner" to romp with.

Galandra watches carefully and will order Mika down if she sees Taniwha is not in the mood to play.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases