[Tavern Thread] The Dunn Wright Inn

jbear

First Post
After giving Galandra a good sniffing Taniwha pads back to Maui's side, swatting Mika playfully when the leopard tries to bring her down but not allowing himself to be so easily drawn into the game. Maui, still presenting his backside for the leopard, holds the awkward pose for an awkward moment until he realises that the Sniffing Ceremony is at an end and he has not been included. With a frown he stands and looks at Galandra once more, giving her a nod. "It is good. They will be friends." He turns to Amien at last. "So Dream Killer, where are we going?"

WindCrystal

First Post
Amien has to step back while all of this is happening. He should remind himself to be drunk before asking strangers to be allies. Once he is addressed again, as 'Dream Killer', he points out, "It's a little fast for me to have that sort of noriety.." he then remembers that the man didn't understand all of his words last time, "I mean being known as... a killer... of dreams.. isn't it? I mean it's fitting, but probably in a way I don't like..."

He clasps his hands together, "We're supposed to meet back with some fellows at a table for a mission we're about to continue, which hopefully involves getting to a ship before it leaves. I suppose we should meet back with the others too."

Satin Knights

First Post
Gragnor and his valet Kalgor

A black panther with a split tail, who has been hiding in the shadows that cloak the rafters, leaps down in the middle of the isle with a resounding thump, drawing the attention of several customers. He snorts at the two young cats and shakes his head, almost as if he is embarrassed by the sniffing ceremony the others were displaying.

Looking back over its shoulder at a ranger studying a book, the panther growls a bit. This human has the same strange eyes as the cat. One amber, one violet. The man gathers his books while the panther saunters out of the inn, confident and prideful. This old cat is above the games the young one wants to play, and apparently has business to conduct elsewhere.

After gathering the rest of his things, and making sure Marla is tipped well, the man leaves too.

Once outside, a telepathic conversation starts up. {{What was that?}} {{Eeeventually, thhey would have noticed I was therrre. I maay look like theem, but III'm not going to be plaaaying any buutt snifffing games. Beeesides, you got shopping to dooo. I want...}}

jbear

First Post
Maui blinks at Amien. "You wake up Maui to ask for te help finding te table?" He looks about dubiously, eyeing the many empty and available tables about the tavern. "Or for finding te boat before te boat leaves?" Neither of these things mentioned seems like something that will increase Maui's reputation or challenge his fighting ability. He frowns at Amian, his annoyance blinding him to the panther descending from the roof. Taniwha however emits a low growl.

WindCrystal

First Post
Amien looks around behind him as Maui looks, and then opens his mouth like he's gonna speak, but ends up giving up trying to find a way to explain. With an awkward pause and looking around a bit, he finally says, "Well... Let's just say that at some point in the future we expect a battle on the ship, and a reward when we win."

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
"Well I'll be. dogs and cats acting like each other. What's next? them getting along? eh boots?" The last is a playful challenge to the shadow wolf.

jbear

First Post
Maui's eyes light up at the mention of a battle. Folding his arm he smiles. "Ahh! Now Dream Killer is talking! Te battle is for te heroe ... finding te table is for te barmaid!" Amian has said enough to convince Maui he should join him. Having learnt that these things rarely happen immediately and there is usually a period of listening to the buzzing words of someone who thinks they are important telling the real heroes what to do before the action begins, he decides to take a seat at the bar and order a drink for his new companions. "... and have you got any of te buffalo m.... no? Not yet ... Maui is disappointed."

WindCrystal

First Post
Amien follows Maui up to the bar and rests his side against the counter, and allows Maui to have the choice if drink, "I don't consider myself much of a hero. I just do what I do, which often gets people on the wrong end of me hurt it seems."

Cyclopean

First Post
He leans down the bar a bit to catch the eye of the merfolk.

"I'm going to guess you aren't from around here? I'm Ru. I'll let my new acquaintance introduce himself. I hate to give away another person's secrets. Unless someone's paying enough," he gives a wink as he says the last.

The merfolk is unable to hold back a smile against Ru's cheerfulness. "Yeah, I'm new here. Name's Llotah. Good to meet you."

"Oy, got a job for some greenhorns. Those who think they have the mettle, go see Mr. Silvers in room 3."

At the mention of a job, Llotah immediately focuses on the bartender. When he finishes, the merfolk turns back to Ru, saying "I've been looking for a job, actually. Hope you don't mind me cutting this short."

Flexing his tail, Llotah unseats himself and hits the floor with a thump. He slithers to room three.

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
Maui's eyes light up at the mention of a battle. Folding his arm he smiles. "Ahh! Now Dream Killer is talking! Te battle is for te heroe ... finding te table is for te barmaid!" Amian has said enough to convince Maui he should join him. Having learnt that these things rarely happen immediately and there is usually a period of listening to the buzzing words of someone who thinks they are important telling the real heroes what to do before the action begins, he decides to take a seat at the bar and order a drink for his new companions. "... and have you got any of te buffalo m.... no? Not yet ... Maui is disappointed."

"So Maui, do you think you can find the buffalo milk at sea?" quips Vincenzo.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases