[Tavern Thread] The Dunn Wright Inn

Baveboi

First Post
Watching amused and interested, Rune only stood there, his aromatic buquet of mysery and malt liquor the only memory of his existence. He had been busy, drinking his cup empty just until he saw the Assimar blush. "HAR HAR HAR!" His laughter is a screaming offense to normal people's ears and nostrils.

"What? Yar a prude, me lad? Har har! We gonna loose ya yet, just you see." Turning to Borric he finally answers with amusing distaste for the human attempt at dwarven language pronunciation. "Ya be alright, but I cannae lie: ya sound more like a dead animal in me ancestors' speech. Jus' like I sound in yar's precious 'comon', lad."

His eyes drift back and it's plain to see he had been gazing at Marla since he started drinking. "Me lass, could ya get me another can on me friends tab here?" His eyes are dreamy and his face is strangely caring.

GlassEye

Adventurer
Fury snickers and nudges Iosef with his elbow. "Maybe we should take you to meet a priestess I know down at the temple of Cortessa. You can get some proper worship in."

As he speaks he notices the tall golden haired man watching from a short distance away as he drinks his wine and Fury looks him over in return. The fellow has a bit of the look of a bravo about him but more serious. That one bears watching...

Gerald007

First Post
Syl was by now thoroughly entertained. "So what exactly happened with your eye?" he prodded, trying to get teh man at arms fired up again.

"See Marla, I told you earlier that I was one of the good oens, especially as compared to this lot," he laughs, nodding at the crowd that had now gathered around.

rb780nm

First Post
Iosef mutters something to himself. Those sitting next to him can make out some sort of litany in an ancient language. His hands sit in his lap, and they pass rosary beads back and forth between them in time to the litany.

OOC: He young and has been cloistered. He'll soon learn ;)

Baveboi

First Post
At Marla's coments Rune seems to sunk, but with his stony face behind the bush of his beard it was hard to tell. He taps on Fury's arm and give him a short snouted laugh. "Lad, I think ya broke de priest boy. Good job."

He didn't notice the stranger looking at his back, but saw the rogue shift slightly; something akin to a wolf readying his claws. His eyes became stony orbs. "What bugs ya, lad?"

Last edited:

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
Hinges creak and the room brightens momentarily . . . the afternoon sun ignites the dustmotes until the door swings shut. The tall figure in the doorway pauses a moment to allow his eyes to adjust to the renewed dimness before doffing his low crowned hat. Once his features are out of the shadow of its broad brim it's plain to all in the room that he's not human; black eyes glint from a beaked face covered in inky feathers.

He moves gracefully into the room and takes a seat at an empty corner table, one with a good view of the room and the entrance, and waits patiently for the server.

GlassEye

Adventurer
"Bothering me?" Fury shakes his head. "Nothing. Just checking out the competition. Fellow looks like he knows his way around a blade, is all."

Baveboi

First Post
Both rogue and the strange fellow looked intimidating, but Rune didn't looked like he'd take either of them seriously. "Heh. Ya humans... ya never gonna learn it ain't yar weapons, but yar spirit, dat counts." His words carried something with them, maybe wisdom, but they carried it like the wind and with the wind it went.

His eyes quickly shift to the newcomer. All beak and feathers. "For ma grandfaders! De early bird does get da worm, it seems. Never dreamed about seein' one of dose! Do ya think it speaks ma language?" He asks Fury.

Ravenath

First Post
Ravenath looks Fury, then looks his rapier, and looks again the eyes of the boy smiling.
"How about you, my friend? Do you know how to use it?"-he speaks with a smilei in his face.

Remove ads