[Tavern Thread] The Dunn Wright Inn

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Tyrien, Half-elven Archeress

LieraAvatar2.jpg

Tyrien smirks, "Sometimes elven eyes are no better when you face dark folk. Good thing we had some divine help from our battle cleric. Instead of shooting in the dark, I had a quiver of daybreak arrows that illuminated things pretty well. Even when the blighters tried to spell some darkness to hide in. Ffffttt! Fffttt! Ffftttt!"

The archeress makes the motions of drawing and firing an imaginary bow.

"Some dark folk were able to keep my ioun stone from shining too. Useful thing to have as it lights up a crypt's interior pretty well, by the way. I recommend getting one, if you don't have one already."

Tyrien shows them her ioun torch and sets it to be orbiting around her head.

"If you have an experienced cleric, they can cast a more potent version of the light spell on the stone."

"So, as I was saying. We had to fight our way through several dark stalkers just to reach the dragonne. That creature was more like a winged lion than a dragon, if you must know. I think the only real dragons anyone has seen are about the size of a small dog. Agno mentioned fighting one when we met."

"Have a drink,"
she says as she pours Charity a mug.

"Since you are not an archer, what exactly are your talents?" Tyrien asks the human woman.

Aura

Explorer
=== Charity, Human Female ===
CharityClose.jpg

Charity holds her hand up at about a half mug. "That's plenty... thanks." Leaning back with it, she takes a sip. "Oh, now that's interesting..."

Upon being asked about her talents, Charity sits back up, "Well, hunh. I've been a guard at the Temple of Cortesia for two years now. And the guys don't let me wield a sword, or fight in the front line. But they've been teaching me how to move, project, things like that. So I can do alright with my glaive.

"And despite having the job given to me by the priests, the other guards do appreciate my attention to detail, my ability guess things about others they aren't saying. When I'm calm, particularly after a moment of prayer, I can sense a certain darkness in people, places... things. Like the guy in the market..." Charity stops, swirls the drink in her mug, chuckling, "But I don't tell the other guards that last part, they'd think I'm losing it."

Last edited:

jkason

First Post
"If there were dragons wandering about all over the place, I think we'd all be in trouble," Ru offers, "At least, from what I hear about the things. A lion with dragon-wings seems plenty trouble enough."

As Tyrien relates her advice, and Charity tells a bit of her tale, the southerner sits back to listen.

"I wouldn't worry about being in the front, Red," Ru offers as the newcomer seems to downplay her abilities. "I'm always a fan of letting the big gruff ones wade in first and take some of the punishment. And not just for the view," he chuckles a bit as he adds the last.

"We're all of us cut out for different things, and so long as you get the right folks around you, you can all make up for what the others lacked. Even Deadeye here needed a bit of help from her cleric friend," he finishes with a nod toward Tyrien and a disarming wink.

Systole

First Post
"I think the only real dragons anyone has seen are about the size of a small dog. Agno mentioned fighting one when we met."

A half a smirk plays over Sylla's lips, and the overall effect is disturbing. "It was more the size of medium-sized dog. Forty pounds, roughly, and enough leather for a rather nice set of dragonhide accessories. These bracers and boots, a belt, and a silvered glove for enemies that get into melee range ... although that hasn't been a problem lately. The alchemist we were traveling with took the crop, the tongue, and a few other pieces."

"And then I got the leftovers!" Boots announces.

Sylla grimaces at the remembrance. "Yesss ... darkwolf digestion and dragon meat. That particular decision has been thoroughly seared into my memory."

[sblock=Mini Stats]
Sylla_150-1.png
Boots_150-1.png

Sylla the Grim
AC: 20 (15 flat-footed, 15 touch)
HP: 46/46
CMB: +7 CMD: 22
Fort: +2 Reflex: +7Will: +5 (All saves +2 when adjacent to Boots)
Perception: +10, Low Light Vision
Initiative: +5
Current Weapon in Hand: Cestus (+8, 1d4+5, 19-20x2) & Longbow (+10/+10 or +12, 1d8+5, 19-20x3)
Current Conditions in Effect: Arcane Strike
Spells Remaining (1st): 5/5
Spells Remaining (2nd): 4/4
Spells Remaining (3rd): 2/2

Boots

AC:
25 (22 flat-footed, 13 touch)
HP: 62/62
CMB: +11 CMD: 24 (28 vs. trip)
Fort: +7 Reflex: +8Will: +2 (+6 vs. enchantment)
Perception: +9, Darkvision 60', Scent
Initiative:
+3
Current Weapon in Hand: Natural weapons (+9/+9/+9, 1d6+9, 20x2)
Current Conditions in Effect: Power Attack
Used Items:
N/A[/sblock]

perrinmiller

Adventurer

LieraAvatar2.jpg

Tyrien chuckles at boots and Sylla. "I think someone mentioned dragons are like cats with scales. Is that true? I would not know what cats taste like, though. We did face a drake once. Very bad breath. Like acid. Filled it full of arrows too. It was trying to eat some fairies."

"Much bigger than a dog, though. More like the size of a cow... But it reminded me more of a large bird. It ran on two legs and have big wings to fly."
The half-elven lass is leaning back and looking up at the ceiling rafters as she is remembering and chattering away.

Tyrien did have some souvenirs from her latest excursion, but nothing so interesting as dragon-skin accessories. She speculates, "I wonder what a dragonne's hide would make for clothing. Hmmm, a nice furry hat for winter. Of course the grouch would have been even more upset if I kept a trophy from his corpse..."

Sitting up she addresses Charity, "Say, you worked at the temple, right? Tell something."

"If one is slain and a body part is removed, let us call it a large patch of skin. No need to be morbid and consider missing arms or heads. Then the priest resurrect the person with a powerful spell, okay? What happens? Does the skin get automatically get renewed? Or is it missing and the person the starts bleeding once again?"

Aura

Explorer
CharityClose.jpg

Charity looks a bit surprised at Tyrien's question. She thinks a moment, then replies, "Well, I was never taught how the rituals themselves worked, so I really don't know. The romantic in me says the skin could be renewed, the realist says consult a priest, preferably a temple head." She pauses, and then adds, "A temple head... that you can trust."

Last edited:

Aura

Explorer
CharityClose.jpg

Charity replies, "Rather, keep in mind when speaking to the representative of a deity, it is always wise to consider which deity they represent."

Last edited:

perrinmiller

Adventurer

LieraAvatar2.jpg

Tyrien snorts, "Pshaw! I have experience of the other kind."

"
My last companions and I were taken in by a priest of Helerion. Ya know those guys have self-righteous paladins and believe is good and order, right? Well, this grumpy cus was supposed to be on the level."

"Turns out he was a doppleganger and tricked us. Boy, oh boy. The real paladins were not happy that we killed... well, I killed their dragonne guardian. So just because someone says they are of a certain order, don't necessarily makes it true."

"Too bad you don't know the answer though. I would have liked to make a trophy of that winged lion's hide, but he would have likely been even more ticked. Killing him made him grumpy enough. Heh, he was brought back to life, right? So what's the big deal?"

The arcane archeress is lacking some morals and just shakes her head in memory of the encounter.

Aura

Explorer
CharityClose.jpg

Charity listens, letting Tyrien finish her story. Thinking about it, she surmises, "Well, I think it's still matters which deity someone really represents. You find someone misrepresenting, then it's another issue, entirely. Pretty much what dopplegangers do. Although, I figured they were just legend, truth be told. Add another boogeyman to the list of scary things that actually do go bump in the night."

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases