[Tavern Thread] The Dunn Wright Inn

jkason

First Post
Ru chuckles. "Nothing so exciting as exploding zombies, I'm afraid," he responds. "Skeletons of various stripes. We were off saving a wizard's familiar from his rival, who happened to be a necromancer. At least, i think he was a necromancer. We thought he was a hobgoblin at first, too, then he turned out to be a bugbear, so who knows what he really was."

Aura

Explorer
=== Charity, Human Female ===
CharityClose.jpg

"One thing is for sure. There seems to be an endless variety of icky, nasty things out there." Charity looks around the room a moment. Spinning the chakram on the table, she watches the spin begin to break, musing, "There's a bit of insanity in thinking it's a good idea to go out there..."

Lindeloef

First Post
At this moment a Human man enters the tavern, wearing lether armor with some blood stains on it. On his back a great sword.

"Hello fellow Adventurers. There is a job offering for one or two of you, brave enough to battle Dog sized Rats. A Merchant has a Rodent Problem in his newly build Cellar. We were to clean it up, but sadly the ground down there doesn't seem to be completly stable, as the ground beneath one of our Comrades collapsed and he fell deep down. We had to bring him to the hospital and now we are looking for a Replacement, as he is not fit walk." He pauses for a moment then continues Oh right, the pay is 100g upfront and 200g on completion. So anyone brave enough to come with us?

OOC: This would be an adventure for lvl 1. The adventure is Rodents of Unusual Size

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Tyrien, Half-elven Archeress

LieraAvatar2.jpg

Tyrien purses her lips in curiosity as Ru mentioned goblinoid creatures.

"Hmm, never fought goblins or their large cousins before-"

She stops talking as the man makes an announcement about dealing with rats for gold payment. She looks to her two drinking companions with an arched eyebrow.

"Well, is that something either of you are interested in taking on? Don't let me stop you. I will toast to your luck and survival. Don't forget your anti-plague."

Aura

Explorer
CharityClose.jpg

Charity nods, "Well, sounds like the man could use some help." She picks up her chakram, then stands up and walks to the closest wall, scooping her Glaive and backpack off the floor. "Rats the size of dogs. Not your run-of-the-mill sort of critter." Rummaging through her pack as if performing some sort of last minute check, she concludes with, "Alright, I'm ready to help."

Looking back, she smiles. "Thanks, everyone. It was enlightening."

jkason

First Post
Ru laughs at Charity's insights.

"I think you've hit it on the head, milady," he says. "We're all of us a bit mad 'round here, I think."

As the newcomer enters and Charity stands, Ru considers a moment, nodding to Tyrien in a polite by your leave gesture, then stands himself.

"You know, it has been a while since I've gone hacking away at something in the underground. All that 'fresh air' in the jungle might need counteracting, if you have need? "

[sblock=ooc]Glanced over to your thread, and I think it's probably my speed, so if a 2nd level won't throw things for you, Ru's available. I have to jump back into this sometime. Might as well try now. :)

Might be a good time to plop Eanos into the Inn to keep Tyrien company and try this juggling act of mine on its next step...

FYI, I'm also entirely amenable to keeping Ru out of it if you think it'll counterbalance things poorly to have too many / an extra level in play. If it helps, he's a Ninja, which is essentially a rogue, and I'm told rogues are under-powered no matter how ya try. :) [/sblock]

Last edited:

Lindeloef

First Post
[MENTION=2710]jkason[/MENTION]
[sblock="ooc"]I don't have any problems with that, maybe Scott DeWar has (the DM). I don't know. Also I want to warn everyone that our DM has some Internet problems at this moment. Meaning he has no Internet connection at home. That's why I as a player do the recruiting.[/sblock]

Robert faces Charity. "Yes indeed they are quite large and there are at least 6 of them left. Any help in that matter is welcome" he says as he turns towards Ru "The air in there is far away from fresh" and starts smiling.

Aura

Explorer
CharityClose.jpg

Charity thinks a moment. "Hunh, at least 6. Well, outside of being underground with unstable floors, are there any particular types of gear I need to pick up on the way? I have a few general things in my pack, but never hurts to get extra of specifically needed items." Rummaging around some more, she mutters, "Maybe hammer and pitons... hmmmm."

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
OOC: This would be an adventure for lvl 1. The adventure is Rodents of Unusual Size

I am DM Scott DeWar and I approve this message!

Looking back, she smiles. "Thanks, everyone. It was enlightening."

GM: oh goody, a new victum! mua ha ha ha ha!

@jkason
[sblock="ooc"]I don't have any problems with that, maybe Scott DeWar has (the DM). I don't know. Also I want to warn everyone that our DM has some Internet problems at this moment. Meaning he has no Internet connection at home. That's why I as a player do the recruiting.[/sblock]

GM: huh, don't know about that rabble rouser Jkson, might be too much trouble from what I heard

(not a problem!)

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases