[Tavern Thread] The Dunn Wright Inn

Systole

First Post
Boots_150-1.png

"Puppy? Who's a puppy!? I'll have you know that I am a genuine, fully adult, alpha male darkwolf," Boots says, puffing out his chest. "And I'm probably even purebred, too. But I accept your apology, because clearly you were just confused, on account of how I'm all fascinating and stuff."

The tiefling rolls her eyes. "'And stuff.'"

Boots snorts at the barmaid. "And stuff like talking. I'm very good at talking. Most of the time. Usually. It's just that ... uh ... my throat gets dry very easily. Yeah, that's it. Cough. Cough cough. Say, are you gonna drink that milk?" The last question is directed at Darvus.

Aura

Explorer
Asked for specific advice, Grog ponders a moment. He gives the younger man a good look and says, "I tell two tips. One," he holds up a finger with unkempt, cracked finger nail, "dunna be greedy git. Gud boss still gotta make coin; givin' too much is sign. And two," he holds up a second finger to join the first, "ask stuff. Lissen to what he say… how he say it. Den you know."

resrick

First Post
"Oh my, please except my apology, its just...this is all new to me you. Growing up amongst the Dwarves and their darkened mines did not allow for many darkwolves to darken our door. In fact this has all been quit new to me. The closest thing we got to a darkwolf in the Dwarven taverns was a war pig...not that I am comparing you to a war pig mind you.." Devlin says as he fidgets for the proper words to say.

"Excuse me for a moment," he turns away and jumps into the nearest seat pulling a small leather bound book out of his inside coat pocket. He begins to scribble furiously withing the book while mumbling gibberish beneath his breath.

"Stupid...use my...need more...Darkwolf shows intelligence...must explore further..."

resrick

First Post
"You mean to tell me this place is not always this exciting?"Devlin points a thumb over his shoulder to the talking darkwolf,"They have a talking wolf mind you and there is no telling what that cat he keeps mentioning does. I wonder if every tavern I visit will have such wondrous things!"

Devlin goes back to scribbling in his notebook.

Satin Knights

First Post
The ruckus in the inn hasn't been this loud since the loud pregnant girl came looking for Borric to deliver a "message". Such a ruckus awakens a napping shadow under one of the tables in the corner. Hearing the last half of a conversation, it decides to investigate. Weaving under tables, gliding without stepping, he floats up right behind the halfling and whispers in his ear...
[section]

"I sneeekss uuupp on thinngs. Whoos been talkings about meee?"

The black panther's eyes stare at the halfling, then the milk, then to Marla the waitress, before returning back to the milk.

More disconcerting should be that the floor has dutifully stayed where its at, while the panther's paws are a good two feet above, standing firmly on ... nothing behind the halfling's chair.
[/section]
[sblock=Stealth]Stealth (1d20+15=31)[/sblock]

resrick

First Post
[sblock=Perception]1d20+6=14[/sblock]

Devlin jumps from his chair nearly double his height as the whisper reaches his ear.

"AAAAAAHHHHHHHH!" the scream rings out through the tavern as the guest turn their head to see a flying halfling nearly touch the ceiling,"Wha...wha...oh my! So THIS is the talking cat you were mentioning. Most fascinating. He is MUCH bigger than I expected...and quieter."

Devlin wipes the spilt beer off the edge of his notebook as he starts to scribble excitedly within it once again, looking up from it only to ask the cat questions.

"What are you exactly? WHere did you come from? Are you really a cat? Can I see your teeth? How were you floating like that? Can you teach me such a trick? Do i need to become a cat? Can I become a cat?"

Last edited:

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
"Actually I was referring to Taniwah over there by the fire."
*gulp*
"that is disconcerting - a floating shadow-cat."

Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases