[Tavern Thread] The Dunn Wright Inn

mfloyd3

Explorer
Larissa watches the exchange, her manner casual as she takes another sip of wine, but her eyes are as hard as steel.

At the half-orc's words, Larissa addresses the general. "You've said who you came here for," she observes. "But not what. Perhaps you could explain matters?" Her tone is carefully neutral.

[sblock=Larissa stat block]
Larissa
Initiative: +0
AC: 22 (22 flat-footed, 11 Touch)
HP: 63 Current: 63
CMB: +7 CMD: 17
Fort: +8 Reflex: +1 Will: +6 (currently wearing Cloak of Elvenkind, not Protection)
PER Roll: +2
Current Weapon in Hand: Greatsword

Weapons:
+1 Greatsword Attack: +9 = [BAB(4) + STR(3) + WF(1) + Magic(1)]
Damage: 2d6+4, Crit: 19-20/x2,
Special: pommel is hollow, contains scripture
Pow Att w/+1 Greatsword Attack: +7 = [BAB(4) + STR(3) + WF(1) + Magic(1)]
Damage: 2d6+10, Crit: 19-20/x2,

Pilum: Attack: +4 = [BAB(4) + DEX(0) + Misc(0) + Magic(0)]
Damage: 1d8+3, Crit: 20/x2, 20' Range incr.
Special: successful strike fouls a shield

Spells prepared:
0 Level (4) Level 01 (4+1) Level 02 (3+1) Level 03 (1+1)
* Detect Magic * Bless * Bull's Strength CAST:* Daybreak Arrow
* Read Magic CAST:* Protection from Evil CAST:* Bull's Strength CAST: * D: Heroism
* Light * Detect Evil * Grace
* Guidance * Remove Fear * D: Bless Weapon
* D: Shield of Faith

Channeling at current level: Channel 3d6,
DC 16 =(10 + 1/2 Cleric lvl + CHA +2 for Glory) for
Undead to Save. 5x/day, Selective (skip up to 2 targets)

Weapons:

[/sblock]

jkason

First Post
Eanos cocks his head to one side, considering the general as the man closes, but making no move to lean away. Finally, he sighs, fiddling with his ring and returning to the face he was born with.

"Well, then you have me at a disadvantage," Eanos says, "Because I've no worldly clue who you are, or why you'd have any interest in me or my friend."

Now Eanos leans back, his gaze relaxed as he adds, "But since I've time, food, and drink, feel free to enlighten me."

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
"More froglegs. Und drink für das gepanzerten Männer." Heinrich calls to Marla behind the bar, acting like he is not noticing Grog loosening up for battle.

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Tyrien, Half-elven Archeress

Tyrien2Avatar_zps9be57a6a.jpg

Tyrien was not so keen on being scolded about her attitude by anyone so ugly. She ignored the flunkies and looked the General up and down. She had not noted any religious symbols that would suggest he was a paladin or anything. She had her fill of those stiff-necked people already.

Her tone was still insolent, “Well, whatever it is you want, the answer is ‘no, I will not go to your house and sleep with you or these two idiots with you.’ You are old enough to be my grandfather and I don’t find you the least attractive, despite all your money and power.”

“Even if your cape is fancy,”
she muttered as she poured herself more wine from the carafe on the table.

[sblock=Mini Stats]Tyrien e'Adrianne
Initiative: +10 Perception: +19 (low-light vision)
AC: 30 (23 flat-footed, 20 Touch)
HP: 88 Current: 88
CMB: +11 CMD: 31(23ff) Fort: +9 Reflex: +16 Will: +7
+2 Will vs. Enchantments
Special: Immune to Magical Sleep
Current Conditions in Effect: PBS, Precise Shot, Enhanced Arrows (+1 Dmg/+1d6 Elect), Ioun Stone illumination (in darkness), Deadly Aim (-3Att/+6dmg), Many Shot, Improved Snap Shot (15ft), Jingasa Luck (1xday, Immediate neg Critical/Sneak Attack), Combat Reflexes(8 AoO)
Current Weapon in Hand: Longbow
Seeker Arrow: 1/1 Remaining
Rounds of Haste: 10/10 Remaining
Fly Spell from armor: 1/1 Remaining

Bardic Performance:
5/5 Rounds Remaining
Spells Remaining: Cantrips: (Message, Resistance, Mending, Prestidigitation, Know Direction)
1st Level 4/4 (Cure Light Wounds, Timely Inspiration, Chord of Shards, Silent Image)
2nd Level 1/1 (Cure Moderate Wounds, Sound Burst)[/sblock]

perrinmiller

Adventurer
MaylorJacobson.jpg

The two bodyguards bristled and the one that spoke earlier barely refrained from making a play at trying to throttle the little half-elven wench.

The General sensed his man’s anger and made a curt gesture to stand down. He was still smiling wickedly though.

He answered Larissa, “What this about is a bit of law breaking by your two companions here. I have the confessions and testimony to have them both locked up by the Whitecloaks and have the bail set for thousands of gold pieces.”

“But I would much rather have my own revenge on you two instead,”
he addressed Tyrien and Eanos.

“You aided my ex-wife and cost me enough embarrassment and gold that I would relish the pleasure of killing both of you instead.”

mfloyd3

Explorer
"So, it's revenge, then?" Larissa asks. "This is a poor place to seek that. The names of justice and law might stay a few hands. But revenge?" With the barest hint of motion she flicks her head around the room. "There is might enough here to dispatch your force three times over, general. And none will sit by if you shed blood here."

[sblock=ooc]
Not sure if I should be rolling here. Larissa has Diplomacy +8 and Intimidate +7. Also Sense Motive +10, and she is trying to figure out if the general really is willing to start a fight here
[/sblock]

[sblock=Larissa stat block]
Larissa
Initiative: +0
AC: 22 (22 flat-footed, 11 Touch)
HP: 63 Current: 63
CMB: +7 CMD: 17
Fort: +8 Reflex: +1 Will: +6 (currently wearing Cloak of Elvenkind, not Protection)
PER Roll: +2
Current Weapon in Hand: Greatsword

Weapons:

Spells prepared:
0 Level (4) Level 01 (4+1) Level 02 (3+1) Level 03 (1+1)
* Detect Magic * Bless * Bull's Strength CAST:* Daybreak Arrow
* Read Magic CAST:* Protection from Evil CAST:* Bull's Strength CAST: * D: Heroism
* Light * Detect Evil * Grace
* Guidance * Remove Fear * D: Bless Weapon
* D: Shield of Faith

Channeling at current level: Channel 3d6,
DC 16 =(10 + 1/2 Cleric lvl + CHA +2 for Glory) for
Undead to Save. 5x/day, Selective (skip up to 2 targets)

Weapons:

[/sblock]

jkason

First Post
Eanos Setirav, human inquisitor

Eanos considers the general, his gaze studiously blank.

"My, but the crime you say you've proven us of must be of the darkest and foulest sort, that you think public threats of assassination are warranted. Since I've not been party to anything so foul as that, I'm quite curious as to what bloodbath you're trying to frame us for?"

[sblock=ooc]Eanos has +24 Sense Motive, as well, in assessing the General and the veracity of his claims[/sblock]

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
ooc: I am not going to discuss my sense motive.

Heinrich will look about the room trying to ascertain what the others are doing. If he sees Marla he will tilt his head toward the door hoping she will get every one out, except Grog.

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Tyrien, Half-elven Archeress

Tyrien2Avatar_zps9be57a6a.jpg

Tyrien scoffed.

“If you know who were are then you surely know we have slain dragonnes and unspeakable undead horrors.”

“You planning to bring an army to hold us down and slit our throats, is that it? These two are not muscle enough.”
Her question sounded rhetorical.

[sblock=Mini Stats]Tyrien e'Adrianne
Initiative: +10 Perception: +19 (low-light vision)
AC: 30 (23 flat-footed, 20 Touch)
HP: 88 Current: 88
CMB: +11 CMD: 31(23ff) Fort: +9 Reflex: +16 Will: +7
+2 Will vs. Enchantments
Special: Immune to Magical Sleep
Current Conditions in Effect: PBS, Precise Shot, Enhanced Arrows (+1 Dmg/+1d6 Elect), Ioun Stone illumination (in darkness), Deadly Aim (-3Att/+6dmg), Many Shot, Improved Snap Shot (15ft), Jingasa Luck (1xday, Immediate neg Critical/Sneak Attack), Combat Reflexes(8 AoO)
Current Weapon in Hand: Longbow
Seeker Arrow: 1/1 Remaining
Rounds of Haste: 10/10 Remaining
Fly Spell from armor: 1/1 Remaining

Bardic Performance:
5/5 Rounds Remaining
Spells Remaining: Cantrips: (Message, Resistance, Mending, Prestidigitation, Know Direction)
1st Level 4/4 (Cure Light Wounds, Timely Inspiration, Chord of Shards, Silent Image)
2nd Level 1/1 (Cure Moderate Wounds, Sound Burst)[/sblock]

perrinmiller

Adventurer
MaylorJacobson.jpg

The General’s voice was not loud, still only carrying amongst you at the table. Neither he or his two men were looking to make a move to draw weapons or start brawling.

“Oh, I don’t think you understand how power works in this city. Mainly you have none. I could bring a cohort or two in here if I was looking to fight a war with the rabble drinking in here.”

“As it stands, I came here to issue you the challenge.”
He removed the gauntlet from his right hand and tossed it on to the table with a clatter. It spilled the Tyrien’s carafe of wine, splattering you with its contents.

“Noon tomorrow, at the army training ground north of the city. Be there and we shall settle honor on the field.”

“Choose cowardice, and I will see you next in the Whitecloaks dungeons if you remain in this city.”

[sblock=GM Note]Here is the thread to play in the adventure: Blancher's Revenge
But you have to follow my rules (they are posted in the thread).

This post is also copied to the game thread and you can answer the General there if you are planning to accept the challenge, or declining here in the DWI if not playing.

I will be NPCing Tyrien.[/sblock]

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases