[Tavern Thread] The Dunn Wright Inn

jbear

First Post
Silvery laughter bounced in through the door with the two women that had come through it arm in arm, smiles bright, eyes dancing with heartfelt joi de vivre. The old man in the corner who had fallen asleep hunched over his books and scrolls near the fire, awoke as if struck by lightning. His eyes locked on the two women, wide with disbelief. As his jaw dropped he leaned back in his chair which gravity presently pulled to the ground. The old man fell in slow motion, even in his shocked state, his innate magic kicking in instinctively. The chair crashed loudly to the ground and he followed gently behind it. The noise drew the attention of both of the women, each of them stunningly striking in their own way that went beyond the physical. Although it was true that the physique of each of the women was striking enough all on its own. One of the two looked and lost interest in the scene in a matter of seconds and continued towards the bar although to her chagrin the arm of her friend held her firmly in place. The other stood stock still, frozen like a deer in bright light, with the look of one who was about to flee.

The old man, Relic, as he was known by several of the regular patrons, seeming to recover some of his senses, pushed himself vertical once more in a way that was clearly not natural, lifting all the way off the ground before settling back down upon it. "It's you!" he whispered. "After all this time, it's you!"
The woman, who must not be more than 20 summers replied with trembling voice "You mistake me for someone else, grandpa". There was no conviction in her words.
"We have not yet met. Not in this life. But I have been searching for you since ... since you ..."
"Don't you dare!" the woman cut off Relic's words, tears building in her eyes.
"Forgive me..."

The other woman had been watching the scene with one eyebrow raised, and it seemed she had had enough of what she was seeing. Her sword seemed to fly into her hand she drew it so fast. The air sang as metal cut through it and the edge of her blade pressed up against the old wizard's neck before anyone could react. Most of his beard dropped to the floor. "Old man ... you are upsetting my friend here. We just came here looking for fun, and now look what you've gone and done!"
"Sol, it's ... it's okay. I ... I... I think I ..." stuttered the teary eyed woman.
"She knows me" finished Relic.
The sword wielder narrowed her eyes and then pulled the blade away, sheathing it with a flourish. "You sure do have some strange friends, Brangwen."
Wiping the tears from her eyes, Brangwen looked defiantly at the wizard. "So ..."
Relic seemed to breathe a sigh of relief. "Will you walk with me? I believe I can explain all of those things, the dreams, the ... " He stopped and looked around at the many faces staring at the exchange. "I think we can help each other untie the knot." The final words seemed to break something in Brangwen. She broke into tears. Relic Nevyn moved to console her, and she allowed herself to be guided out the door.

At the bar the other woman watched in disbelief. "Are you serious!? Brangwen, you can't be serious! You said we were going to catch that boat! You were going to get my ticket..! What happened to bareback riding the koi fish of the Ang Islands? Brangwen! Oh for fffff....." A swirling wind suddenly slammed the door behind the pair. Solomon turned back to the bar and took off her brightly plumed widebrimmed hat with a sigh. "Now what am I going to do?" she mused. Her disappointement seemed to only last a few seconds before she shrugged it off. "Like the wind..." She smiled at Grog redonning her hat. "Can I have a drink, handsome? No, wait hold that thought... all of my money just walked out the door with that old buzzard. Well then ... you seem like the kind of fellow who knows where a woman can find work and still keep her pants on, am I right? Where someone handy with a sword might earn some coin doing something that makes the blood race? Solomon Silence's the name. Dangerous enterprise is the game." She tips her hat and offers Grog a cheeky wink.

[sblock=OOC]Enter Solomon Silence lvl 13 Swashbuckler (still needs 1 approval), exit Relic Nevyn Wizard 12/Oracle 1, now formally retired [/sblock]

Last edited:

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
Heinrich notices for once Marla is not looking at him, so he gestures to the fire in the fire place and whispers to in. next seen is a decohesion of the flame in the fireplace of three small flames, which he scoops up and starts juggling. sounds can be heard from the small flames but unless you speak ignan, it is gibberish.

HeinrichAvatar_zps3d3206d8.jpg

the redheaded wizard juggling the three flames jumps at the crash of the chair, dropping the three flames in the stone of the hearth. They, in turn, go running back into the flames of the burning log.

Heinrich is just about to react when a sword singing with swiftness trims the old oracle's beard causing the wizard to freeze in place. He sometimes knows when not to act and this is obviously lone of them.

[sblock=gibberish to ignan translation of the juggled flames]"ouch! oof! ungh! ow!! youch! hey!!"[/sblock]

[sblock=Mini Stats]Heinrich
Initiative: +2 Perception: +12 (Greater Darkvision w/ spell) AC: 15 (13 flat-footed, 12 Touch) (better with spells)
HP: 46 Current: 46
BAB: +5 CMB: +5 CMD: 17 (15 ff)
Fort: +6 Reflex: +8 Will: +11 CONC: +21 Special: FIRE RESIST 10
Current Conditions in Effect:
cat's grace - 11 minutes rounds: [one]
Haste - 1 rnd/lv; multi person effect [party of 4 for 11 rounds]
Current Weapon in Hand: WAND: acid arrow
CHARGED ITEMS AND SKILLS:
WAND ACID ARROW: 38/50
Scroll: Summon Monster IV
WAND CURE LIGHT: 50/50
* DRAW FIRE AROUND HIM FROM SOURCE = TO CAMPFIRE OR LARGER
* FIRE JET 9/9 TIME PER DAY 1D6+5 DAM
* DC: 21 REF FOR HALF OR BURN ANOTHER RND FOR 1D6
* AVOID ADDTL DAM BY DC 16 REF SAVE
* DANCING FLAME 5 PER DAY
OTHER
SPELL SPECIALIZATION: FIRE BALL ; GTR SPELL SPECIAL: FIREBALL ; ECTOPLAS SPELL ; SILENT SPELL ; PIERCING SPELL Spells Memorized
Code:
Save DC:          
General: 15 + SL                
Evocation: 17 + SL          
Elemental (Fire): 16 + SL            
Evoc + (Fire): 18 + SL

0 Level              Level 01               Level 02                
* Prestidig.     * feather fall          * See invisibility
* Disrupt Undead * Burning Hands(ev,E,*) * Scorching ray (ev,E)
* Dancing lights * Feather Fall          * Levitate
* acid splash    * ear pierce scream     * Resist Energy
                 * magic missile         * Warding Weapon
                 * Shield                * cat's grace
                 * Expeditious Retreat   * Scorching ray (ev,E)
                 P magic missile         P scorching ray (ev,E)
                 P magic missile         P cat's grace
                 P Shield                P Scorching ray (ev,E)

LEVEL 3                LEVEL 04                LEVEL 05
* Flame Arrow (E)      * summon monster 4 (E)  * lightning arc
* Haste                * stone skin            * Elemental body [E]
* Dispel Magic         * dimension door        * wall of force
* Dispel Magic         * Detonate              * Teleport
* lightning bolt       * Blk Tentacles                      
* Displacement         P summon monster 4 (E)
P Haste

LEVEL 6
* Tar Pool (E)
* Chains of fire
* form of the dragon 1                

[sblock=Book:]
Level 00  
* Resistance * Acid Splash [c] * Detect Magic * Detect Poison * Read Magic * Daze * Dancing Lights
* Flare * Light * Spark * Disrupt Undead * Touch of Fatigue * Mage Hand * Mending * Message
* Open/Close * Arcane Mark * Prestidigitation
Level 01
* Break * Burning Hands (E,*) * Chill Touch * comp lang * Ear piercing scream * Endure Elements (E)  
* enlarge person * expeditious retreat * Feather Fall * Identify * Jump [c] * Magic Missile
* magic weapon * Shield * Touch of the Sea & * Touch of Gracelessness
Level 02  
* Arcane Lock  * Burning gaze (E) * Cat's grace * darkvision * Elemental Touch * Flaming Sphere (E)
* Fox's cunning * Knock * Levitate * Resist Energy * Scorching Ray (E) * See Invisibility
* Spectral Hand * Warding Weapon * false life
Level 03  
* Dispel magic * Displacement * Draconic Reservoir * Fire ball (**,E,ev) * Flame Arrow (E) * Haste
* Lightning bolt (ev) * Tiny Hut * Ablative Barrier [c] * Fly  
Level 04  
* Black tentacles * darkvision, gtr * Detonate * Dimension door * scrying * stone skin
* summ monst IV [E]
Level 05  
* Elemental body II [e] * Feuer vyrm [fire snake] * lightning arc * Summon monster V * Teleport
* Wall of Force
Level 06
* undeath to death * chains of fire * tar pool * sirocco * forceful hand * Form of the dragon I  
[/sblock]

( - ) denotes a cast spell    
(*) cast at +1 level (trait)  
(**) cast at +2 levels (Feat)
(E) elemental: flame school  
(ev) evocation
(A) denotes changed to acid
(&) takes 2 spell slots to cast
(#) recalled via pearl of power
(E,A) denotes 50% fire/50% acid
[/sblock][/][/][/]

jackslate45

First Post
~ Go Time~
[section]

It takes a few minutes, but the door does swing back open. However, rather than the person coming in, they seemed to be staying by the door.

The man with with scar over his eye, whom his friends know as Aradra, has returned to the Dunn Wright Inn. However, while his companion Shadow is again at his side, the was an additional animal with the solider. The snowy owl on his shoulder hooted softly, while Aradra holds the door open with his foot. He seems to be hastily writing a letter, and it did not take long for him to finish writing it. Tying the letter around the owl's leg, Aradra whispers something to the animal, which takes off immediately.

Aradra steps back into the Dunn Wright, taking a look around His eyes wonder over to where the old man who just had a trimming was sitting earlier, but he did not see where the old man had gone. While a tracker of Aradra's skill could find him, it seems that time was of importance, as he shrugged before moving on. His eyes then wondered over to Melisandre and Larissa, and over to the red haired wizard in the corner.

Moving towards the bar, Aradra flags down Grog after the bartender had given the newly arrived Solomon her drink. The pair of them seemed to be talking quietly, and Aradra kept nodding his head back to Melisandre and Heinrich. Eventually, Grog's head jerked over to Solomon, and Aradra's eyes moved over to the new arrival. His eyes traveled up and down the woman and her equipment, as a guard would analyze a criminal more than a pervert's leer.

Nodding to Grog, and pointing over to the room Melisandre and him spent time in earlier, Aradra turned back around. "Melisande, champion of Helerion. Heinrich, wizard of fire. And Solomon Silence, newly arrived. I have a favor of the 3 of you. I will discuss the details in there." His voice appeared steady, but there was a touch of nervousness in it. With that, Aradra walked into the side room, Shadow at his heels.

[/section]

[sblock=OOC]
Recruitment for Mynhear's Bane will go here: http://www.enworld.org/forum/showthread.php?462403-Mynhear-s-Bane&p=6651353
[/sblock]

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
Heinrich hears his name called. Dusting off his hands of ash from juggling flame he smiles, "Ach! someone in need of help!" He he then chugs his mulled wine, signals for another to be brought to the indicated room and heads there in post haste.

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Melisande, Paladin

~ At the bar with Larissa ~

Melisande%20Avatar_zpslnotfw6i.jpg

Melisande noticed that Aradra returned and have called out for company to help with a favor. If he needed help, chances were that a champion of Helerion would be required.

“You will have to excuse me, Larissa. I shall find out what the soldier needs. Mayhap we shall speak again.”

Taking her unfinished wine, she headed into the other room.

[sblock=Mini Stats]Melisande
Initiative: +1 Perception: +15 (Darkvision)
AC: 28 (27 flat-footed, 13 Touch) - Currently 18 with Chainshirt
HP: 158 (DR3/-) Current: 158
CMB: +20 CMD: 33(32ff) (+2 vs Sunder/Disarm) Fort: +18 Reflex: +11 Will: +14
Special: Immune to Fear, Disease, Charm
Current Conditions in Effect: Power Attack (-4Att/+8(12)dmg), Jingasa Luck (1xday, Immediate neg Critical/Sneak Attack), Aura of Good/Courage/Resolve
Current Weapon in Hand: None

Lay on Hands (6d6): 12/12 Remaining
Smite Evil (5x/day, +4 Att, +17 dmg, +4 Deflect AC): 5/5 Remaining
Alter Self: 1/1 Remaining
Divine Bond (+3): 3/3 Remaining
Spells Remaining:
1st Level 4/4+2 Pearls (Protection from Evil, Hero's Defiance, Bless, Divine Favor)
2nd Level 3/3+1 Pearl (Effortless Armor, Blade Tutor's Spirit, Righteous Vigor)
3rd Level 2/2 (Greater Magic Weapon, Greater Magic Weapon)
4th Level 1/1 (Resounding Blows)[/sblock]

mfloyd3

Explorer
"Of course," Larissa nods to Melisande as the paladin rises. "A pleasure to have met you."

Larissa looks over again at the strange man gesticulating in the corner. Rising, she tries the obvious.

"Excuse me," she offers. "Are you in need of assistance?"

[sblock=ooc]
[MENTION=6667193]sunshadow21[/MENTION], any response from the crazy man?
[/sblock]

[sblock=Larissa stat block]
Larissa
Initiative: +0
AC: 22 (22 flat-footed, 11 Touch)
HP: 83 Current: 83
CMB: +10 CMD: 21
Fort: +10 Reflex: +3 Will: +9 (currently wearing Cloak of Protection)
PER Roll: +2
Move: 30’ (w/boots of Striding & Springing)
Current Weapon in Hand: Greatsword

Weapons:
+2 Greatsword Attack: +13/+8 = [BAB(6/1) + STR(4) + WF(1) + Magic(2)]
Damage: 2d6+8, Crit: 19-20/x2,
Special: pommel is hollow, contains scripture
Pow Att w/+2 Greatsword Attack: +11/+6 = [BAB(6/1) + STR(4) + WF(1) + Magic(2) +PA(-2)]
Damage: 2d6+14, Crit: 19-20/x2,

Spells prepared:
0 Level (4) Level 01 (4+1) Level 02 (3+1) Level 03 (1+1)
* Detect Magic * Bless * Bull's Strength * Dispel Magic
* Read Magic *Divine Favor l * Grace * D: Heroism
* Light * Detect Evil * Silence
* Guidance * Remove Fear * D: Spiritual Weapon
* D: Shield of Faith

Channeling at current level: Channel 4d6,
DC 17 =(10 + 1/2 Cleric lvl + CHA +2 for Glory) for
Undead to Save. 5x/day, Selective (skip up to 2 targets)

[/sblock]

sunshadow21

Explorer
The bouncer stiffens as cleric approaches the man, but there does not seem to be any response, so he relaxes just as quickly. After a moment, though, Larissa hears a voice inside her head.

[sblock=Larissa]You hear a voice that is seems to be a blend of everybody you've ever known speaking to you in every language you speak all at the same time. "You have been lied to, cleric of deceivers. Order is nothing more than the chains used by tyrants of this world and others to bound your immortal spirit to their will. Cast off the chains, let your spirit be reborn free from the burdens of order imposed upon you by this world by your cruel masters."[/sblock]

mfloyd3

Explorer
The strange man seemed not to have spoken in the strange voice. Larissa cast a sidelong glance about the room and saw no one, including the bouncer, seemed to have taken any note.

She does not reply in spoken word, but instead thinks about her words intently. You are in my mind? she subvocalizes, anger flashing in her eyes but no other outward show apparent.

Larissa

Weapons:
Pow Att w/+2 Greatsword Attack: +11/+6 = [BAB(6/1) + STR(4) + WF(1) + Magic(2) +PA(-2)]

Spells prepared:

[/sblock]

sunshadow21

Explorer
The voice simply repeats the same statement. As Larissa watch the man, the different colors of his paint start to blend together, becoming a muddy brown. No one else seems to notice any difference.

mfloyd3

Explorer
Larissa watches the strange man carefully, trying to decide if the changes in his color are a hallucination. Then she simply asks aloud, "What do you want here?"

Larissa

Weapons:

Spells prepared:

[/sblock]

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases