[Tavern Thread] The Dunn Wright Inn

jbear

First Post
Not long after the well dressed swordsman enters the bar, a far less well dressed wild looking warrior follows him in through the door, a large cheetah hung sleeping over his shoulders. The wild warrior, the entire left side of his body covered in tribal tatoos, is looking forlornly at a rather empty coin pouch and does not see where his companion disappears to. "Maui spend all te coin of te leech, and I not having buy nothing new. Only te same things." He shakes his head still feeling ripped off despite the massive amount of wealth he had handed over just minutes ago at the Mystic Pearl, not really understanding the concept of upgrading the power of his magical items. He ends up at the bar and after a few more moments of grumbling he looks up and realises that his friend is not there with him. "Handsome Blade?" he asks Grog. The half orc grunts and thumbs him towards the meeting room. Maui sighs, puts away his pouch and heads into the meeting room unaware that a new job awaits him inside.

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
Lem follows shortly on the heels of Maui. "I'm also finding myself in a bit of a spending binge. Trying to purchase the best kitchen and larder ever. So, folks... what I miss? Oooh... someone in a meeting room it seems." Lem peers on in to see what is what.

OOC: Lem is a level 9 monk. Which group is he joining? Also, someone please check his gold earned from that last adventure. I just want to make sure it is correct, as it is the largest amount he has ever received by far.

Aura

Explorer
Anton Torelli
From inside the meeting room, a rather stern looking man spots Lem peering in. He does a quick head count of the current applicants, coming to a total of 4, looking at Lem, then counting Taniwah for a total of five. "I'm afraid I have enough for my mission," he begins, turning his head to Lem to make it clear who he is addressing. "But I can add you to the reserve list if the job is not to any of these people's liking. Now if you'll excuse me, I must get this started."

[sblock=Lem]You're slated for SS21's Children of the Mud with:

Larissa(MFloyd)
Lem(DT)
Menik(Kenim)
? (Mowgli)

Watch the room for the actions (antics) of the nearly naked man dancing on stage for updates. :) I suspect it will be soon.[/sblock]

sunshadow21

Explorer
The strange man on the stage lets loose a loud mournful wail as the colored paint on his body starts to blend together, turning into various shades of muddy brown that seems to swirl and dance around. At the same time, the odd cantrip-like effects start to become more intense, making the entire staff tense up slightly.

Aura

Explorer
Marla the Barmaid
Marla's somewhat unnerved demanor takes a turn for the worse as the man up on stage starts demanding more attention through his magical display. Beating a retreat to the relative safety behind the bar, she turns to observe the situation from a greater distance, eyes scanning the remaining patrons for reactions to the turn of events. "I don't like it. I don't like it at all," she comments loud enough for a good portion of the establishment to hear.

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
Lem quickly grabs a ladle from his pack and runs up to the stage, then pokes the man on the stage, "Hey! Knock it off, man. Your scaring the establishment, and ruining the appetite of the patrons.

sunshadow21

Explorer
Lem just hears laughter in his head and the following reply, also in his head, [sblock]"Brave words for one who is willing to chain the world and it's inhabitants, but lacks the moral conviction to even decide on the simple decision of what is good and what is evil." The voice seems to be all the voices Lem has ever known blended together and yet all present individually at the same time.[/sblock]

OOC: It seems that the game is on hold until the last party member returns from real world vacation. Feel free to interact with the stage jester until then; it's fun making PCs squirm.

Skysear

First Post
Somewhat uncertainly, Kristia strode into the Inn, only to have to fight the urge to turn back once she heard the abhorrent wailing coming from the stage area. Sparing a moment to take in the odd display, she shook her head and made her way over to the bar area. "I don't much like it either," she said, addressing the woman behind the bar, "But, quite frankly, I don't care so long as I can get some food and drink. What do you have right now?"

GlassEye

Adventurer
Marla the Barmaid
Marla looks the newcomer over but she smiles as she does so, then adjusts her hair to cover tiny horns. "Welcome to the Dunn Wright Inn. Normally the floor show isn't quite so... freakish. If Grog were on duty he would've tossed him out already." She wipes her hand on her apron.

"However, we have the best chef west of the Great Chasm. He'll throw together just about anything you ask for. And we've a wide array of wines and beers and harder liquor, if that's to your liking."

Remove ads